+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC APPLICANTS - Nov 2020 *JOIN HERE *

Khushpurewal

Star Member
Jul 30, 2020
Guys,

My AOR (CEC) date is Nov 17, 2020, only my medical (updated in Dec 2020) and bio metrics (provided early for my study permit) are done. It is been 5 months now.
So just wondering, should I apply for that new international students stream (40000 applicants) in this May or await till I receives a response from the IRCC?

One of my friends also in the same boat, but he applied before I did and 6 months duration has been completed now, but there is no update about his application too.

I am just panicked here, just don't know what to do, because my employer is also having issues with the business due to this pandemic and we are so close to temporary/permanently close our operations.

Expecting your kind opinions.
You should continue with your current cec application and if you are loosing your job or business is closing down that’s totally fine because immigration going to check your 1 year experience they don’t care about your present and future job so i will advice you to continue with this application

Narayan Mani

Star Member
Jun 22, 2020
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
08-11-2020
@Narayan Mani What's the status of your application? How long it took criminality and security to finish?
I haven’t received any update recently. Calls/GCMS notes- everything indicates either “in progress” for Criminality and Info Sharing, or “not started” for Eligibility and Security. The previous time I called was last week, and from how it sounded- I’m now assuming that the COPR timeline might to take a few more than the designated 6 months.

Narayan Mani

Star Member
Jun 22, 2020
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
08-11-2020
This is the description I got from IRCC.

Please note you are required to provide a letter of employment with the official letterhead from each employer in your application, letter must be dated after the employment ended or application was submitted and include: period of employment, hours worked per week, salary and job description. Letter must be signed by an authorized person from the employer.

Your letter of employment failed to provide proof of salary

Please provide a letter of employment with proof of salary (such as paystubs) from the current employer and previous employer.

My question is - This description doesn't match the letter of employment section instead matches with the Employment records section. Also we don't have a letter of employment section for the previous employer. So, did the officer accidentally say "letter of employment" instead of "employment records"? Please let me know. Also, I've only uploaded pay stubs for my current employer and LOE and pay revision letters from my previous employer and haven't uploaded a letter of employment/experience letter again. Would this be an issue because it says "provide a letter of employment with proof of salary"? I'm perplexed and worried if this would result in refusal.

Please share your feedback, Thanks !!
The signed letter of employment/experience on an official letterhead is the claim on behalf of a company that you worked for them. The validity/genuineness if this letter needs to be proved.

To prevent immigration fraud, IRCC cross-checks the letters from your current/previous employer with paystubs, bank statements, IT returns, etc. Yes, these documents are employment records that substantiate the letters of employment/experience.

The case agent/officer wants that complete set (both the official letter and associated employment recoreds) for each of the job experiences that you have claimed some CRS points.

zaraah1

Feb 6, 2019
Category........
CEC
Guys,

My AOR (CEC) date is Nov 17, 2020, only my medical (updated in Dec 2020) and bio metrics (provided early for my study permit) are done. It is been 5 months now.
So just wondering, should I apply for that new international students stream (40000 applicants) in this May or await till I receives a response from the IRCC?

One of my friends also in the same boat, but he applied before I did and 6 months duration has been completed now, but there is no update about his application too.

I am just panicked here, just don't know what to do, because my employer is also having issues with the business due to this pandemic and we are so close to temporary/permanently close our operations.

Expecting your kind opinions.
Nobody knows what the processing time will be for the international students stream. Mostly IRCC will be releasing more information regarding the public policy this week. You can have two applications simultaneously but will have to pay the processing fee( could be anywhere b/w $500-$850) again and you will be taking the slot form a person whose only hope of getting PR is through this stream.
Right now, the processing time for Inland EE applicants is 7-10 months, unless you are an essential worker in which case the processing time is faster. There are other factors like the number of dependents on your application, any changes in your status after AOR, your file going into enhanced security screening etc. which can delay your application. So, unless the processing time for the new stream is 2-3 months it doesn't make sense to apply again IMO.

Unless you claimed 50 points for job offer I don't think your employment status will have an impact on the application but try to stay in the country with valid work authorization/visa as they are only issuing CoPR to the applicants who are in the country.

satya1986

Nov 25, 2020
@Ashan Perera Most of the people are on the same boat except for a very few lucky folks who got PPR with AOR in November. I would suggest you wait instead of going behind into the bigger queue(remember there were already 20K CEC applicants in one of the draws in 2021 ). If you have used your job offer letter which got you extra points and if those points let you breach the CRS score for your draw, then I would say you can better go into the 40K applicants queue considering the fact that your current job is at risk. If those job offer letter points were extra and won't harm your draw cut-off, I would say better leave your application as is. You also can call IRCC customer care to check if your application process has started. This is my opinion. Please think through. Hope this helps !!

satya1986

Nov 25, 2020
The signed letter of employment/experience on an official letterhead is the claim on behalf of a company that you worked for them. The validity/genuineness if this letter needs to be proved.

To prevent immigration fraud, IRCC cross-checks the letters from your current/previous employer with paystubs, bank statements, IT returns, etc. Yes, these documents are employment records that substantiate the letters of employment/experience.

The case agent/officer wants that complete set (both the official letter and associated employment recoreds) for each of the job experiences that you have claimed some CRS points.

Appreciate @Narayan Mani for your time!! I have only uploaded pay stubs from the current employer, a letter of explanation saying I won't be able to provide pay stubs for my previous employer as it's 10 years back, provided offer, hike, relieving letters from the previous employer. I haven't attached the letter of employment which I initially uploaded? So, is it wise to submit a web form attaching all docs mentioned above along with a letter of employment? As the case manager is expecting it to be submitted by 4/22 and considering I also submitted documents without a letter of employment what would be the best solution for this? Please let me know your thoughts.

Narayan Mani

Star Member
Jun 22, 2020
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
08-11-2020
Appreciate @Narayan Mani for your time!! I have only uploaded pay stubs from the current employer, a letter of explanation saying I won't be able to provide pay stubs for my previous employer as it's 10 years back, provided offer, hike, relieving letters from the previous employer. I haven't attached the letter of employment which I initially uploaded? So, is it wise to submit a web form attaching all docs mentioned above along with a letter of employment? As the case manager is expecting it to be submitted by 4/22 and considering I also submitted documents without a letter of employment what would be the best solution for this? Please let me know your thoughts.
They won’t be mad or angry if you resubmit some document you already provided. It’s better to be safe.

Jheez

Feb 19, 2021
Hello,

My update from IRCC today.

-The application is processing in Ottawa

-Eligibility has been recommended to pass on March 31, 2021

-Criminality in progress

-Security not started

- Medical passed and valid till August 6, 2021

-At this time there are no pending documents

-There are no outlined processing times currently due to Covid-19. The application may experience delays.

@legalfalcon any thoughts on what could the timelines look like for getting COPR?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello,

-Criminality in progress

-Security not started

-There are no outlined processing times currently due to Covid-19. The application may experience delays.

@legalfalcon any thoughts on what could the timelines look like for getting COPR?
Everything is off the charts as of now. Just keep your fingers crossed. Given that your eligibility was recommended passed, you re not too far.

Also for inland applicants for security, they only have a record check and not a comprehensive screening for most applicants. See https://bit.ly/3apWglN

A COPR should not be too far.

satya1986

Nov 25, 2020
Hello,

-Criminality in progress

-Security not started

@Jheez How were you able to contact them. I was trying to reach them and Eligibility passed - was it updated in your PR application in CIC website ?

Ashan Perera

Star Member
Aug 2, 2016
Thank you everyone for your valuable opinions.

After reading forums, speaking to immigration experts, etc, I thought I will apply with this new program again.

Because this express entry thing is uncertain and one employment I had back home is permanently closed now, I only got a service letter from them but I cannot find any pay stubs or anything to prove it.

So I am worried that they will suddenly reject my application or ask for more documents which I cannot find in anyway.

It is been more than 5 months now, so I think it is not worthy to take that risk now, and also I completed two years with my current employment this year, so I think if I go through this new stream, I don’t have to struggle about getting documents from back home during this pandemic.