CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
15-05-2021
LANDED..........
14-12-2018
It's kind of stupid to start the eligibility check after the medical exam. I'd rather they check all documents upfront and make sure we are eligible before asking us to go get our biometrics done..
Hmm, you think we already passed the eligibility when biometrics was requested or uploaded? I saw people were talking the same way in April AOR thread. So most likely we are about to go for bacground check.

ashish0319

Star Member
Apr 17, 2021
It's kind of stupid to start the eligibility check after the medical exam. I'd rather they check all documents upfront and make sure we are eligible before asking us to go get our biometrics done..
In Eligilbity check, i think the Case Analyst confirms the documents against which you have claimed CRS points.

ashish0319

Star Member
Apr 17, 2021
I have read Criminality check happens after Eligiblity stage, but when I spoke to IRCC agent on 1st June, she informed Criminality - Passed but Eligibility - Not Started. So not sure, what process is being followed.

eyue

May 31, 2021
Amazing guys! we started to get updates, hopefully, we will have some updates related to eligibility or background soon. I mean not COPR but at least I hope they will start or already started processing. When do you think we can have an update on the eligibility check?
Hopefully a month or so? I heard that for some of the Feb and Mar applicants their eligibility checks were done within a month.

should i receive an email regarding the biometrics request? i didn't receive any email about ME is done, now I'm worried that i may miss these emails.

WhiteMocha

Mar 16, 2021
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
15-05-2021
LANDED..........
14-12-2018
Hopefully a month or so? I heard that for some of the Feb and Mar applicants their eligibility checks were done within a month.

should i receive an email regarding the biometrics request? i didn't receive any email about ME is done, now I'm worried that i may miss these emails.
Best is go check your IRCC account

confusedsoul86

Star Member
Aug 11, 2016
Vancouver BC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-05-2021
Doc's Request.
Medical upfront
AOR Received.
19-05-2021
Hmm, you think we already passed the eligibility when biometrics was requested or uploaded? I saw people were talking the same way in April AOR thread. So most likely we are about to go for bacground check.
I don't know what to think because I'm not sure how it works. Going by what I've read online, eligibility is after medicals. Which is ridiculous.

surajbgl

Jun 1, 2021
I don't understand your comment.

You passed the medical exam and submitted your biometrics but you're still waiting to hear back from IRCC after the same ?
Same. AOB was 13th May (Medical was upfront in March) and still not a single update, not even GU since the submission. Not sure how they prioritize but I am also seeing people after my AOB already getting updates but not us. I hope we get the update soon.

eyue

May 31, 2021
Same. AOB was 13th May (Medical was upfront in March) and still not a single update, not even GU since the submission. Not sure how they prioritize but I am also seeing people after my AOB already getting updates but not us. I hope we get the update soon.
i had my ME done in Mar and AOR on May 19. Just received the update saying ME is passed. i believe you should have your update shortly...

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto
Applied on May 20th and no updates so far, I also applied for TR to PR and I got my BIL yesterday (I have my biometric appointment today) , hopefully I get Biometrics updated before getting another BIL from CEC.

alladalenucleus

Star Member
Dec 30, 2019
Applied on May 20th and no updates so far, I also applied for TR to PR and I got my BIL yesterday (I have my biometric appointment today) , hopefully I get Biometrics updated before getting another BIL from CEC.
Is there any benefit to applying through both the streams - CEC and TR to PR? I have an ITA from CEC but am curious to understand your perspective.

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto
Is there any benefit to applying through both the streams - CEC and TR to PR? I have an ITA from CEC but am curious to understand your perspective.
It was a safety net more than anything, many people applied for TR to PR in a rush, I'd hate for my app to be in process for months only to be rejected and having wasted time. I have a very personal reason why I want to get PR asap that makes paying twice worth it.

Reactions: alladalenucleus

alladalenucleus

Star Member
Dec 30, 2019
It was a safety net more than anything, many people applied for TR to PR in a rush, I'd hate for my app to be in process for months only to be rejected and having wasted time. I have a very personal reason why I want to get PR asap that makes paying twice worth it.
Makes sense. I just didn't know if it was even possible to have two apps in process simultaneously. Thanks!

smm_0411

Mar 5, 2016
AB
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
anybody from May AORs who called IRCC for an update? Is it fine to call them at this early stage?