+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC APPLICANTS - MAY 2020 *JOIN HERE *

alb4n

Star Member
May 31, 2020
Does anyone know how often the IRCC website for “check application status” gets updated?
At the moment, it says “Last updated: March 2, 2021”
The reason I am asking, IRCC says on their website that currently they’re finalizing applications between May 10-16, 2020, as CEC inland with AOR May 22, 2020 when can we expect IRCC to finalize our applications?

alb4n

Star Member
May 31, 2020
Does anyone know how often the IRCC website for “check application status” gets updated?
The reason I am asking, IRCC says on their website that currently they’re finalizing applications between May 10-16, 2020, as CEC inland with AOR May 22, 2020 when can we expect IRCC to finalize our applications?
Then..when you click on the ? next to May 10 to 16, 2020 date, it says “in the past 3 months, the majority (80%) of the applications we finalized were received during this period” , so does this mean that it’s taking 3 months time for IRCC to process 1 week of applications received....I’m confused ‍:rolleyes:

danny_joe

Star Member
Apr 29, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
17-05-2020
I think every Tuesday or Wednesday there is an update. Not sure though!

SICKER

Sep 9, 2020
My application is also stuck on background check with AOR May 16. Another interesting part, I applied for BOWP on Feb 21st as my work permit was expired on Feb 22nd. I just noticed my BOWP application was approved on March 4th in the system. Just in 11 days, they approved the work permit extension. At least It must be a good sign that they are actually working in an accelerated speed. Even before covid, I did not see such fast approval.

RAMAAA91

Mar 8, 2020
My application is also stuck on background check with AOR May 16. Another interesting part, I applied for BOWP on Feb 21st as my work permit was expired on Feb 22nd. I just noticed my BOWP application was approved on March 4th in the system. Just in 11 days, they approved the work permit extension. At least It must be a good sign that they are actually working in an accelerated speed. Even before covid, I did not see such fast approval.
Hey buddy i got a question when u were filling up.BOWP what date did you entered for the section where it asks about how long you want the BOWP as it is valid only for 1yr.. i applied on may 22nd 2020 and then i set the end date as may 22,2021 thought i would get soon but got my BOWP in nov 2020 and now its about to expire in may 2021...before i apply again wanted to make sure if you remember..
Thank you

Maikeerang

Star Member
Jan 24, 2020
Hi, I also applied for BOWP and received a letter after three days, saying they received it and I can continue to work until July 2021 or until the final result of my application has been decided. Is that the permit already, or am I expected a permit like the open work permit?

RAMAAA91

Mar 8, 2020
Hi, I also applied for BOWP and received a letter after three days, saying they received it and I can continue to work until July 2021 or until the final result of my application has been decided. Is that the permit already, or am I expected a permit like the open work permit?
Its not a permit its called implied status so when you are in implied status after expiry of your current permit when the extension visa is still processing, same rules carry forward as your current permit until you recieve a decion on your extension visa..But you cant come back into country if you cross the border...

SICKER

Sep 9, 2020
Hey buddy i got a question when u were filling up.BOWP what date did you entered for the section where it asks about how long you want the BOWP as it is valid only for 1yr.. i applied on may 22nd 2020 and then i set the end date as may 22,2021 thought i would get soon but got my BOWP in nov 2020 and now its about to expire in may 2021...before i apply again wanted to make sure if you remember..
Thank you
I cannot recall, but yeah I mostly like put a year as well. I did not really pay attention. In fact, I even forgot to attach my AOR to BOWP. Then, I sent mine through a web form. A week later, I received a response that was stating "we informed the agent who is working on your application". After that day, it was approved.

As for BOWP confirmation, I specifically received a confirmation letter that confirms the work permit and it states the expiration date of the BOWP as well. Plus, status of the application is Approved.

Reactions: RAMAAA91

RAMAAA91

Mar 8, 2020
I cannot recall, but yeah I mostly like put a year as well. I did not really pay attention. In fact, I even forgot to attach my AOR to BOWP. Then, I sent mine through a web form. A week later, I received a response that was stating "we informed the agent who is working on your application". After that day, it was approved.

As for BOWP confirmation, I specifically received a confirmation letter that confirms the work permit and it states the expiration date of the BOWP as well. Plus, status of the application is Approved.
Thanks buddy for the reply either way it doesnt matter about the validity as BOWP is only for 1yr..but some ppl who applied during tge peak covid lockdown time similar to the dates of mine when they got approval back in nov or oct 2020 they got the BOWP valid upto to oct or nov 2021 based on which month they got approval...thats why i was just asking i will try this time if i apply putting the date to more than 1yr as there is no termination date (for my job) and when the officer approves then he calculates 1yr from the date he approved i guess... hoping i dont need to go through this again if they try to clear backlog as mentioned in CIC..from may10 - may 16th files...

anantha27

Star Member
Sep 12, 2018
&
Me too and waiting, waiting and waiting since bio exempted date of Oct 13 for Security to start
My application also got stuck in Criminality - In Progress state, since Oct 20 after BIO update. Something is seriously wrong on all the stuck application and the assignee of our application is not working on ours. Me and my friend got ITA on May 1st. I have submitted my application on May 17 and my friend applied on July 17. He got his COPR last week.

Any one have some insights what actually they are doing in Criminality step ?

ForUs2020

Jun 22, 2020
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
May 16 2020
My application also got stuck in Criminality - In Progress state, since Oct 20 after BIO update. Something is seriously wrong on all the stuck application and the assignee of our application is not working on ours. Me and my friend got ITA on May 1st. I have submitted my application on May 17 and my friend applied on July 17. He got his COPR last week.

I spoke to IRCC and they said it has to do with 3rd party for the security check. They’re still waiting for the feedback from their 3rd party to pass security

danny_joe

Star Member
Apr 29, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
17-05-2020

Are you put in some group in GCMS notes?