+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC APPLICANTS - MAY 2020 *JOIN HERE *

anantha27

Star Member
Sep 12, 2018
my AOR is 10th May and 6 months are ending on Nov 10...lets see who gets lucky first :)

By the way,someone told me yesterday, he received COPR in May and hasnt received PR card till date. IRCC asked him to stop calling and wait patiently. So, there's looooong way too go!
PR Card is taking 140 days these days. Two of my friends who got their COPR on May 21 got their PR Card last week.

Reactions: tinu28111987

Hopeful0403

Star Member
May 21, 2020
I feel this week has been so slow and quiet COPR situations. Don't you think so??..
Earlier trend it seems was to get CoPR in about 2 weeks of completing Biometrics.
I provided biometrics on 19th Oct, was expecting the CoPR today. But no progress.

As per IRCC contact center, eligibility is passed, but they are still waiting for result of Biometric. I was in my mind thinking it is just about matching the finger prints electronically to a database and should not have taken long.

GrettaFox

Star Member
Sep 15, 2020
Mississauga
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-05-2020
AOR Received.
22-05-2020
Med's Done....
11-07-2020
LANDED..........
20-03-2021
I think Ottawa officers are taking way too long honestly. I did my biometrics on October 2 and my AOR is May 20. No update since biometrics and when I called the agent said officers are taking time to process files due to backlog. So hopefully I hear back on time since my 6 months are ending on Nov 20. Waiting patiently
Could you keep me updated? I am two days off from you and waiting as well.. Wondering to see if they just don't rush cause we are not at a 100 yet

yyzstudent

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2015
I think Ottawa officers are taking way too long honestly. I did my biometrics on October 2 and my AOR is May 20. No update since biometrics and when I called the agent said officers are taking time to process files due to backlog. So hopefully I hear back on time since my 6 months are ending on Nov 20. Waiting patiently
There is no 6 month deadline. It is estimated that up to 80% of applications are processed within 6 months, and that estimate was from before covid, when they were operating at full capacity. They are operating on a reduced capacity now and have already stated that it will take longer than published estimated time. The reduced capacity is because they have reassigned people to other tasks, such as CERB/CEWS, and whatnot.

gssidhu19

Star Member
Aug 4, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
20-05-2020
There is no 6 month deadline. It is estimated that up to 80% of applications are processed within 6 months, and that estimate was from before covid, when they were operating at full capacity. They are operating on a reduced capacity now and have already stated that it will take longer than published estimated time. The reduced capacity is because they have reassigned people to other tasks, such as CERB/CEWS, and whatnot.
They are still operating at a reasonable capacity where they are getting the applications finalized on time. I never said there is a deadline but I just mentioned my own timeline so the explaination wasn't needed but okay LOL

JaxT

Sep 10, 2020
Calgary
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
29-05-2020
Guys - Seriously, I am really hoping to get the news this week.... On Friday my timeline is going to be 100%.. Fingers crossed... Everything is passed and bio got updated on 13 Oct. I got a ghost update on Thursday.
Best wishes and yeah, I hope we all get the good news this week. I gave my biometrics on Oct 14th, and got Ghost Update last Friday early morning as well. Fingers crossed :)

Reactions: alb4n and Atifh1187

Kingdom2018

Star Member
Sep 16, 2020
Really tired of waiting...cant travel for my urgent issues back home...its really frustrating..Ottawa visa office is just really annoying

Reactions: kiwissima