+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC APPLICANTS - MAY 2020 *JOIN HERE *

May 26, 2020
I submitted my profile. I am currently working as Assistant restaurant manager. And I uploaded my offered letter in documents and pay slips . but my offer letter doesn't mention my duties and responsibility will it lead to rejection of my profile
mine got rejected because i couldnt provide with a reference letter that states the job duties .

vubq123

Star Member
Dec 28, 2018
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
09-05-2020
help!!

i got a rejection letter.
So, when i made the profile, my experience was 1+ yrs . So my score would be 165 . But, i got invitation after few mnths as my score increased to 175 as i had completed 2 yrs of exp by then.
i have worked for4 companies in total . 1st job was 1yr 4 mnths . So i was thinking basically pr would be on this basis. But because they counted all other short term jobs as well. One of the job that idid for2 mnths , i didnt receive a reference letter . My employer didnt give it, position : junior recruiter . But now after rejection he did but only 1 line job duties - entering application, answering calls and assisting recruiters(as i was in training, i didnt actually startedthe recruiter duties)
Now , i dont know what to do . Rejection was because i didnt had references letter to prove my job duties and now that have i dont think it is good enough.

now the scores so going so low that i will het ITA for 1 yr exp as well.
but whilemaking a profile, i was thinkingnot to mention thisjob asif they send invitation on this basis, i dont have strong docs.
thinking to make profile and not mention yhis one, but while uploading docs in the end i will add this job with a explaination letter
Please advise
If you have enough points without mention the 2-month employment due to week reference letter, it is totally fine to not include it in your profile. You can put it under the personal history section though. You don't even need to write an explanation letter for this.

vubq123

Star Member
Dec 28, 2018
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
09-05-2020
I submitted my profile. I am currently working as Assistant restaurant manager. And I uploaded my offered letter in documents and pay slips . but my offer letter doesn't mention my duties and responsibility will it lead to rejection of my profile
If your letter does not mention your duties and responsibilities, your application will most likely be rejected. Almost 100%, because this a a basic requirement for proof of employment.

May 26, 2020
If you have enough points without mention the 2-month employment due to week reference letter, it is totally fine to not include it in your profile. You can put it under the personal history section though. You don't even need to write an explanation letter for this.
ok. I understand that now. But now that my file gotrejected once because of this , you sure it is ok to not mention it while i make a profile again now As they already have the info that i gave last time. Based on what i’ll getinvitation . And add the experience later while uploading all docs. Correct. ?

May 26, 2020
ok. I understand that now. But now that my file gotrejected once because of this , you sure it is ok to not mention it while i make a profile again now As they already have the info that i gave last time. Based on what i’ll getinvitation . And add the experience later while uploading all docs. Correct. ?
Also, i just got a reference letter from my employer, but he didnt mention the hob duties properly . Just one line - she was entering files, answering calls and assisting recruiters. Now my noc is of hr and recruiting and the job description here sounds more like admin. Now while updatinn should i even add this letter ? And it can do more wrong i believe than right

vubq123

Star Member
Dec 28, 2018
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
09-05-2020
It does not matter your previous application was rejected. Removing one work experience is totally fine. We only claim points for whatever jobs we want to. No worries, I have read many threads and I am sure about this. Moreover, your new reference letter sounds like it still not good enough. So there is no point to include it in your application. Don't make things more complicated.

elga

Jun 5, 2019
If you already had one-year of Canadian work experience under the NOC O, A or B to be qualified under CEC and received ITA, whatever you are currently doing now does not matter. You don't need to maintain working under the NOC O, A or B after ITA.
Thanks so much! So do we just attach the LOE with the current pay stubs (prove we are still working) and the ITA letter (prove that I'm under CEC) in the Proof Of Fund section in the account right?

canviz_sonu

Mar 17, 2020
RE: Medical Exam
I am working on a closed work permit for more than a year in Canada. I did my medical exam 7 months ago in Canada for my work permit extension. Now I have got the ITA for PR and in the document checklist it ask for "proof of upfront medical exam". My question is, can I upload my existing medical report (IMM 1017 E) which I did for my work permit 7 months ago or do I need to undergo the medical exam again? It was mentioned in the CIC website that medical exam are valid for 1 year.

vubq123

Star Member
Dec 28, 2018
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
09-05-2020
Thanks so much! So do we just attach the LOE with the current pay stubs (prove we are still working) and the ITA letter (prove that I'm under CEC) in the Proof Of Fund section in the account right?
You don't need to attach any pay stubs or the ITA (already in the system) for Proof of Fund. Just a LOE saying that you are a CEC applicant and are not required to provide Proof of Fund.

Reactions: elga

horizonj

Jun 9, 2017
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
11-06-2020
Hi there, about employment reference, one of my letter from my foreign experience has no signature and it only says "This document is electronically generated and does not require signature" . It has all the other requirements on it, except for that. Would that be acceptable? I'm worried now.

vubq123

Star Member
Dec 28, 2018
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
09-05-2020
Hi there, about employment reference, one of my letter from my foreign experience has no signature and it only says "This document is electronically generated and does not require signature" . It has all the other requirements on it, except for that. Would that be acceptable? I'm worried now.

I think your letter is not good.
The following documents are mandatory for each work experience declared:

• a reference or experience letter from the employer, which
    • should be an official document printed on company letterhead (must include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information [address, telephone number and email address], and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company),
    • should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits; and
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

horizonj

Jun 9, 2017
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
11-06-2020
I think your letter is not good.
The following documents are mandatory for each work experience declared:

• a reference or experience letter from the employer, which
    • should be an official document printed on company letterhead (must include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information [address, telephone number and email address], and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company),
    • should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits; and
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html
That's what I really thought too. It's just the standard COE that they gave out. Maybe an explanation from my company would help.

thuhien.tu

Star Member
May 28, 2020
Hello everyone,

I've just received an ITA today, cut off score is 440 and my CRS score is 445.

I notice that the system granted me a full 2 years of Canadian experience, while I've just been working for 1 year and 8 months.

I did 2 coop work-terms during my study in Canada (one from 01/2017 to 08/2017 & another one from 01/2018 to 04/2018) & 1 year 8 months job after my graduation.

I'm thinking of creating another profile and enter in the pool again. This time, I won't mention my coop experiences.

Since I have 90 days to submit my documents for the recent ITA, I won't decline it until the expiration.

If the CRS score drops below 445 until September 2020 (which I will have full 2 year Exp), I will accept the ITA.

I don't know what to do now. Should I decline the ITA and wait until I have a full 2-year experience?

Thank you,

Scorp1210

May 29, 2020
Greetings All,
Hope you are safe and healthy amidst this crisis.

I am applying for my PR through the CEC option with my spouse.

With my studies & work experience in Canada, along with the IELTS score of my spouse, we exceed the current cutoff for CEC class by some margin.

Me and my spouse both have 3+ years of eligible work experience overseas, which can get us extra points. We have experience letters, but will probably need reference letters from our former employers to justify the same. Its possible, but a slight hassle considering its been many years since our employment with them, not to mention the lockdown situation.

My question here is : If we meet the points requirement already, with the basic credentials (IELTS + Canadian experience + ECA), is it necessary to add the overseas work experience credentials on the profile, or can you skip it WITHOUT MENTIONING THEM (considering we have to prove it in case we mention them)?

Thank you for your responses in advance.