+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC APPLICANTS - MAY 2020 *JOIN HERE *

Rtd673

Dec 5, 2020
Is there any May applicants, who are only waiting for their criminality to be completed and two other stages are passed ???
Mine AOR- 10th May
VO- Ottawa
Yes. Mine aor may 22nd evrythg else pased except criminality which is in progress from september.. given biometrics on 15 oct nd no one reviewed it till now.. its so frustrating

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

s.simhad

Star Member
Apr 16, 2020
Hi Guys, I am a CEC inland Applicant with bio-exempted, AOR May 30, my BOWP is about to expire on July 22nd, 2021 so should I apply for renewal or wait few more days? They did start issuing COPR's for May applicants but don't know how long it would take them to reach my application. Any advice?

ForUs2020

Jun 22, 2020
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
May 16 2020
Hi Guys, I am a CEC inland Applicant with bio-exempted, AOR May 30, my BOWP is about to expire on July 22nd, 2021 so should I apply for renewal or wait few more days? They did start issuing COPR's for May applicants but don't know how long it would take them to reach my application. Any advice?
Have you passed all stages? If you have , I’ll advice you wait another 1 month

anantha27

Star Member
Sep 12, 2018
One can apply BOWP for one time and IRCC approve for a period of 1 year from the day they are approving. Now we are in an exceptional situation, you should keep all your documents ready and submit 2 weeks prior to your current BOWP expiry.

Hope you would have got your GCMS. What is your Criminality and Security status. Most of us stuck in that status

s.simhad

Star Member
Apr 16, 2020
Have you passed all stages? If you have , I’ll advice you wait another 1 month
So last time I called in Feb, they said eligibility passed, security not started and criminality in progress so I will call them tomorrow and ask if there is any new update.

s.simhad

Star Member
Apr 16, 2020
One can apply BOWP for one time and IRCC approve for a period of 1 year from the day they are approving. Now we are in an exceptional situation, you should keep all your documents ready and submit 2 weeks prior to your current BOWP expiry.

Hope you would have got your GCMS. What is your Criminality and Security status. Most of us stuck in that status
So last time I called in Feb, they said eligibility passed, security not started and criminality in progress so I will call them tomorrow and ask if there is any new update.

Esi10

Apr 5, 2021
Guys,

AOR May 9th
Medical passed July 17th
Biometrics completed Sept 30th
Background check is in progress (forever)

Still waiting and waiting... and no single update since September! I finally requested GCMS notes 2 weeks ago to see what is going on and who knows when I will receive them!

So frustrated... my life after living 12 years in Canada started from being international student then international worker and now!

Last edited:

ForUs2020

Jun 22, 2020
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
May 16 2020
Guys,

AOR May 9th
Medical passed July 17th
Biometrics completed Sept 30th
Background check is in progress (forever)

Still waiting and waiting... and no single update since September! I finally requested GCMS notes 2 weeks ago to see what is going on and who knows when I will receive them!

So frustrated... my life after living 12 years in Canada started from being international student then international worker and now!
it’s really puzzling what is happening to May applicants. I think we’re the worst hit and that’s only the people on forums like this. Many May applications are waiting on criminality and security

anantha27

Star Member
Sep 12, 2018
There are some PR Application processing officers works faster and approving COPR in a timely manner. Some officer's are working extremely slower and approval rate looks like 1 per month with COVID as an excuse. Unfortunately we all landed in such officers and our application is stuck in Criminality In Progress for ever. It is really frustrating to hear an application submitted in November receiving a COPR while the Jan - May applicants are In Progress forever......

• Sad
Reactions: JaxT and Cloy812

ndogra711

Star Member
May 20, 2020
Hi, I received my GCMS notes, It says everything passed , But Other reps section - Not Started.

Does anyone know what does it mean ? How long will it take for other reps ?

RAMAAA91

Mar 8, 2020
Any idea guys this was the response i got when i raised case enquiry through webform back in feb 2021... my inforamtion provided to ottawa(my VO)
Office and file will be reviewed shortly...can it happen or its just the automated reply everyone gets...

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We wish to thank you for your patience and to inform you that the information you have provided has been forwarded to the responsible office.

Your file should be reviewed shortly.

In addition, when you are in Canada, maintaining a legal temporary status is an important requirement. This is also applicable while your permanent residence application is being reviewed, for yourself and every family member already with you in Canada.

The entry stamp in your passport or your temporary resident document (work permit, study permit, visitor record or temporary resident permit (TRP)) will indicate until what date you can remain in Canada. If your status is about to expire, you can ask for an extension. You may need to extend your status more than once during the process of your permanent residence application.

Submitting an application

To extend your status, you may apply online or by mail.

When applying by mail, we recommend reading the instruction guide first. It will assist you in completing and submitting your application.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

anantha27

Star Member
Sep 12, 2018
Any idea guys this was the response i got when i raised case enquiry through webform back in feb 2021... my inforamtion provided to ottawa(my VO)
Office and file will be reviewed shortly...can it happen or its just the automated reply everyone gets...

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We wish to thank you for your patience and to inform you that the information you have provided has been forwarded to the responsible office.

Your file should be reviewed shortly.

In addition, when you are in Canada, maintaining a legal temporary status is an important requirement. This is also applicable while your permanent residence application is being reviewed, for yourself and every family member already with you in Canada.

The entry stamp in your passport or your temporary resident document (work permit, study permit, visitor record or temporary resident permit (TRP)) will indicate until what date you can remain in Canada. If your status is about to expire, you can ask for an extension. You may need to extend your status more than once during the process of your permanent residence application.

Submitting an application

To extend your status, you may apply online or by mail.

When applying by mail, we recommend reading the instruction guide first. It will assist you in completing and submitting your application.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:
Most of us stuck in Criminality In Progress. I am not sure what really the officers has to review in this criminality and why it is taking 6+ months.