+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC Applicants - Jan 2020 *JOIN HERE*

immonger

Oct 17, 2018
Toronto, ON
Category........
CEC
My AOR is also on 10th January, as you did the upfront medical ( which I did too), looking at recent cases, it looks like its taking 15-25 days to get medical passed, and on same day you will get the biometrics request. Once that's done and they don't need any think else typically, after that, mostly applications are being processed in 30-60 days.

Good luck.
Hi there! If you don't mind me asking. Would you happen to know if any residency dates are required on PCCs from Pakistan?

sharjeel91

Champion Member
Oct 2, 2013
App. Filed.......
09/09/2013
Hi there! If you don't mind me asking. Would you happen to know if any residency dates are required on PCCs from Pakistan?
the format in which my police cert was issued it did mention my residency years, since I only lived permanently in on location it didn't matter to me, anyhow you only need 1 x PCC per country and it must be issued after you left the country.

immonger

Oct 17, 2018
Toronto, ON
Category........
CEC
the format in which my police cert was issued it did mention my residency years, since I only lived permanently in on location it didn't matter to me, anyhow you only need 1 x PCC per country and it must be issued after you left the country.
In that case, I left Dec 2018 and got a PCC made in June 2019 (it has expired now). I went back to Pakistan for 14 days Dec 2019. Can I submit the PCC I already have? OR would I have to get a new one?

sharjeel91

Champion Member
Oct 2, 2013
App. Filed.......
09/09/2013
In that case, I left Dec 2018 and got a PCC made in June 2019 (it has expired now). I went back to Pakistan for 14 days Dec 2019. Can I submit the PCC I already have? OR would I have to get a new one?
Please review below,

Date the certificate was issued
For the country where you currently live
The police certificate for the country where you currently live:
  • must be issued no more than 6 months before the date you submit your application
  • must not be expired
For any other country
For any other country, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row.

Some countries put expiry dates on their police certificates. If you have a police certificate that expired, include it. We’ll accept it if:

• it was issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row
  • it is not for the country where you currently live
An officer may ask for a new one later on.

I have highlighted the important parts. Technically you can submit since you didn't stay in Pak for more than 6 months in a row since its been issued. As you are aware how our country is, I am almost certain they will ask for new one, so if you can get a new one.

immonger

Oct 17, 2018
Toronto, ON
Category........
CEC
Please review below,

Date the certificate was issued
For the country where you currently live
The police certificate for the country where you currently live:
  • must be issued no more than 6 months before the date you submit your application
  • must not be expired
For any other country
For any other country, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row.

Some countries put expiry dates on their police certificates. If you have a police certificate that expired, include it. We’ll accept it if:

• it was issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row
  • it is not for the country where you currently live
An officer may ask for a new one later on.

I have highlighted the important parts. Technically you can submit since you didn't stay in Pak for more than 6 months in a row since its been issued. As you are aware how our country is, I am almost certain they will ask for new one, so if you can get a new one.
Thanks again. Alright, then I might as well get a new one made. Now regarding the same issue:
  • I have lived in 2 places in Pakistan. The wife has lived in 3 places. Before moving to Canada, our address (current Pakistan address) was in Islamabad. Before that, it was Rawalpindi for me and Lahore for my wife.
  • Would we have to get PCCs from all 3 cities? The expired PCC I have was made by Islamabad Police for both my wife and I using our current Islamabad address. I always thought that this is the only, country-specific PCC required by CIC.

sharjeel91

Champion Member
Oct 2, 2013
App. Filed.......
09/09/2013
Thanks again. Alright, then I might as well get a new one made. Now regarding the same issue:
  • I have lived in 2 places in Pakistan. The wife has lived in 3 places. Before moving to Canada, our address (current Pakistan address) was in Islamabad. Before that, it was Rawalpindi for me and Lahore for my wife.
  • Would we have to get PCCs from all 3 cities? The expired PCC I have was made by Islamabad Police for both my wife and I using our current Islamabad address. I always thought that this is the only, country-specific PCC required by CIC.
What did you do when you first came to Canada, did you do all three? Getting police cert from 3 different addresses sounds ridiculous tbh, and yes you need police cert per country not per address. I am sure you will be fine with one address as long as it cover you from your 18th birthday or last 10 years which ever is recent till you left to come to canada.

May be someone else on forum can help you with that or get in touch with IRCC and inquire them.

immonger

Oct 17, 2018
Toronto, ON
Category........
CEC
What did you do when you first came to Canada, did you do all three? Getting police cert from 3 different addresses sounds ridiculous tbh, and yes you need police cert per country not per address. I am sure you will be fine with one address as long as it cover you from your 18th birthday or last 10 years which ever is recent till you left to come to canada.

May be someone else on forum can help you with that or get in touch with IRCC and inquire them.
I came to Canada on a WP. I was never required to submit any PCCs before.

sharjeel91

Champion Member
Oct 2, 2013
App. Filed.......
09/09/2013
My employer had to get an LMIA for me before I could use it to get a WP. I was ready for it but CIC never asked to present it.
Oh I see, I would recommend to contact IRCC about it and make a thread here I am sure someone will help you out. I believe one PCC is enough

immonger

Oct 17, 2018
Toronto, ON
Category........
CEC
Oh I see, I would recommend to contact IRCC about it and make a thread here I am sure someone will help you out. I believe one PCC is enough
That is what I think as well. CIC asks for a country-specific PCC. And all my non-Pakistani friends over here are telling me that all of them only had to submit 1 x PCC for their applications. I will have to talk to the Police and see what they say. I will update the thread when I have more info.

M29

Star Member
Jul 21, 2015
Pakistan
Category........
CEC
I lived in 4 different places since my birth, just to be on safe side i got PCC from 4 cities. Usually IRCC required for last 10 years but as per their website visa officer may request you for additional PCC's

immonger

Oct 17, 2018
Toronto, ON
Category........
CEC
I lived in 4 different places since my birth, just to be on safe side i got PCC from 4 cities. Usually IRCC required for last 10 years but as per their website visa officer may request you for additional PCC's
Thanks for the feedback! Since I have had only 2 addresses in Pakistan since my birth, I think I should just get the PCC made for both instead of complicating my application or getting the VO to ask for the same at a later stage.

Reactions: M29