Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-01-2020
AOR Received.
10-01-2020
AOR 10 Jan, no update after AOR

As per portal :-
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

MABZ

Star Member
Oct 23, 2019
App. Filed.......
23-10-2019
CEC require 1 year equivalent of Canadian experience, when you submit your profile you can see what programs you qualify for and of course what is your score.

Depending on your score, if your score is more than the cut off ( or equal depending on the time you submit your profile) you will get an ITA (invitation to apply)

After receiving ITA you have 60 days to upload all the required documents from the checklist + any other supporting docs. Once you apply you get AOR (which is just a acknowledgement receipt).

This is when the patience game starts, after that you wait mostly first you will get biometric request and if everything else is good you will get the COPR (which means confirmation of permanent residence). After that you can get your PR card.

CEC is not different than any other program its just have different requirements, process is same
Thanks @sharjeel91, i thought that under CEC candidates might get special ITAs or special rounds of invites, but from your answer, it looks like the CEC is no different than EE, in the sense that you have to meet the cut-off score of the last EE round to receive an invite. In simple terms, it is impossible to get an invite if your score is less than the cut-off, even if you meet the CEC requirements, correct?

sharjeel91

Champion Member
Oct 2, 2013
App. Filed.......
09/09/2013
Thanks @sharjeel91, i thought that under CEC candidates might get special ITAs or special rounds of invites, but from your answer, it looks like the CEC is no different than EE, in the sense that you have to meet the cut-off score of the last EE round to receive an invite. In simple terms, it is impossible to get an invite if your score is less than the cut-off, even if you meet the CEC requirements, correct?
CEC is EE, there is 4 different ways to qualify for express entry CEC is one of them, you still need to be above cut off score no way around it. 463 is not bad score but no one can say for sure that cut off score will go that low or not. Good luck, if you can try improving your score, best way is by going for better language score,

MABZ

Star Member
Oct 23, 2019
App. Filed.......
23-10-2019
CEC is EE, there is 4 different ways to qualify for express entry CEC is one of them, you still need to be above cut off score no way around it. 463 is not bad score but no one can say for sure that cut off score will go that low or not. Good luck, if you can try improving your score, best way is by going for better language score,
Thanks @sharjeel91, I sure hope so, my IELTS is maxed out i'm considering French but that's a big commitment, I hardly have any time between work, commute, kids, etc.. I already applied for Alberta's immigration program, i hope i'd get a nomination or something.. best of luck...

LuckyByFate

Star Member
Jan 16, 2020
Brampton
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Edmonton
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-01-2020
AOR Received.
10-01-2020
Anybody here know what are stages CEC ?

balamn

Star Member
Feb 1, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
1 JAN 2020
Doc's Request.
8 JAN 2020
Nomination.....
8 JAN 2020
AOR Received.
1 FEB 2020
IELTS Request
UPFRONT
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
UPFRONT
my previous employer (WIPRO) is not providing JOB DESCRIPTION what should i Do ?

and i am planning to return to home country in FEB after getting AOR what are the benefits of it

sharjeel91

Champion Member
Oct 2, 2013
App. Filed.......
09/09/2013
my previous employer (WIPRO) is not providing JOB DESCRIPTION what should i Do ?

Why would they not? just write up a letter with your job duties yourself and send them ask them to sign it, I am sure they will do it. Don't expect them to do it for you.

and i am planning to return to home country in FEB after getting AOR what are the benefits of it
None, its same as you stay in Canada.

LuckyByFate

Star Member
Jan 16, 2020
Brampton
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Edmonton
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-01-2020
AOR Received.
10-01-2020
Hi guys,

Any update on your application. Mine still says background check in process since AOR. Any timeframe on background check ?

I uploaded upfront Medicals with my application.

TIA

immonger

Oct 17, 2018
Toronto, ON
Category........
CEC
Morning everyone! I do not have an ITA right now but should hopefully get it in the next round. My question is: Are the Medicals and PCCs required with the application we have to submit when we get ITA? Or are these asked for later on?

LuckyByFate

Star Member
Jan 16, 2020
Brampton
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Edmonton
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-01-2020
AOR Received.
10-01-2020
Morning everyone! I do not have an ITA right now but should hopefully get it in the next round. My question is: Are the Medicals and PCCs required with the application we have to submit when we get ITA? Or are these asked for later on?
PCC is required upfront.
Medical is optional. After getting ITA you need email confirmation from Clinic that you (including dependents) are booked for Medicals.

immonger

Oct 17, 2018
Toronto, ON
Category........
CEC
PCC is required upfront.
Medical is optional. After getting ITA you need email confirmation from Clinic that you (including dependents) are booked for Medicals.
Thank you for your reply! I will get the PCC done this week then. and can hopefully get the medical appointment to send in along the application.

LuckyByFate

Star Member
Jan 16, 2020
Brampton
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Edmonton
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-01-2020
AOR Received.
10-01-2020
Thank you for your reply! I will get the PCC done this week then. and can hopefully get the medical appointment to send in along the application.
Not sure what’s your location. In GTA, you can get it done in less than 10 days.

sharjeel91

Champion Member
Oct 2, 2013
App. Filed.......
09/09/2013
Hi guys,

Any update on your application. Mine still says background check in process since AOR. Any timeframe on background check ?

I uploaded upfront Medicals with my application.

TIA
My AOR is also on 10th January, as you did the upfront medical ( which I did too), looking at recent cases, it looks like its taking 15-25 days to get medical passed, and on same day you will get the biometrics request. Once that's done and they don't need any think else typically, after that, mostly applications are being processed in 30-60 days.

Good luck.