+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

** CEC Applicants - Aug 2021 - timeline & updates **

Nishant Goyal

Sep 24, 2021
Hi Nishant

My application has somewhat similar case like yours. Was you file transferred in Sept ?

If yes, its just that during that period they had work load distribution so they might have decided for any stat. questions selected "YES" file will be transferred to Montreal.

However its not case with everyone. My Stat question is also "YES" due to previous express entry file "cancelled as incomplete" and my file is processing at Edmonton VO.

Don't worry once a officer opens your file everything will move and you will get decision soon. I would suggest order GCMS notes just to look at eligibility review that has been flagged by Case analyst. This will give you pretty good idea if anything concerns on eligibility point of view.

At last I would say, just be positive , you guys are almost there. Me & my spouse are also in the same boat with 2 yrs long distance and its frustrating. But , for sure compare to lifetime of togetherness this waiting period is like nothing.

Good news on the way. Good Luck!
do you know about Montreal office? How they are working?

9thplayer

Dec 22, 2021
Hey Guys, Is there anyone here who has "security still not started" and anyone knows what we can do to expedite the process?
I am aug 28 AOR and with inland dependent. Thanks.

hardik**

Star Member
May 9, 2021
NOC Code......
Hey Guys, Is there anyone here who has "security still not started" and anyone knows what we can do to expedite the process?
Security screening is the last step (for PNP applicants, this starts early in the process). Only after an officer makes a final determination on eligibility, will the security screening commence (for some applicants who are considered low risk may have Security Screening passed along with Eligibility Review).

9thplayer

Dec 22, 2021
Security screening is the last step (for PNP applicants, this starts early in the process). Only after an officer makes a final determination on eligibility, will the security screening commence (for some applicants who are considered low risk may have Security Screening passed along with Eligibility Review).
you are right but my eligibility already passed as per MP and IRCC agent, the only thing remaining is security and my name is unique if somehow they are searching using the name? what do you think we can do to expedite the process?

sujeet7485

Aug 25, 2019
mine AOR is 31st Aug here are the status and no DU since 2nd Nov :(

Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results
  • You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents
  • We do not need additional documents.
Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics
  • October 25, 2021 Completed.
Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

9thplayer

Dec 22, 2021

Review of eligibility
Interview
Biometrics
Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Hey I have exact same status like yours. it is same since submitted. for me biometrics are "we do not need your fingerprint" cause i have already done when i applied to come to canada.

manishsap21

Dec 21, 2020

Review of eligibility
Interview
Biometrics
Background check
Final decision
Did you use the Old medicals which was done in the last 5 years? Did your medicals pass even once and then reverted back to defaults current status?

9thplayer

Dec 22, 2021
Did you use the Old medicals which was done in the last 5 years? Did your medicals pass even once and then reverted back to defaults current status?
That happened with my profile. I used old medical from sep 2019 and it got pass once and revert back to default status same day. is it something good or bad?

manishsap21

Dec 21, 2020
That happened with my profile. I used old medical from sep 2019 and it got pass once and revert back to default status same day. is it something good or bad?
Yes, the old medicals are taking a long time to process and are getting delayed the entire process by another 30 days when compared to new medicals.
Good thing is passed once and that needs to be passed 2nd time for old medicals when many of the applicants have got the portal.

manishsap21

Dec 21, 2020
Yes, I had used old medical which was done in Sept 2018... Is that delaying ?
Yes, the old medicals are delaying the process and taking a little longer to process. Mine is form Dec 2019 and it got passed on 21st Oct and then reverted back to defaults on 22nd Oct after which I don't see any update.

sujeet7485

Aug 25, 2019
today I called IRCC and agent told me my medical is expired so i asked him if it requires new then i can do remedical but then he said if you havent received any email then dont do it. I am confused.
medical is valid for 5 years so shouldn't expire, if expire then they will ask us for re-medical. This was confirmed by me with IRCC support over call just before application submission i.e. 3rd week of August...

manishsap21

Dec 21, 2020
today I called IRCC and agent told me my medical is expired so i asked him if it requires new then i can do remedical but then he said if you havent received any email then dont do it. I am confused.
yeah... That's the usual response client support centre have been telling always that if IRCC needs new medicals then they will request it.