+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

** CEC Applicants - Aug 2021 - timeline & updates **

Bitww

Dec 30, 2020
AOR: 23rd Aug
Medical passed: 22th sep
Portal email 1: 29th oct
In between i had two ghost updates yesterday and day before yesterday but no change in GIC account.
Today I received portal e mail which i reply right away. But my GC account still showing file submitted instead of approved and still nothing changes on eligibility or background.

Garrybarpagga

Star Member
Mar 8, 2021
In between i had two ghost updates yesterday and day before yesterday but no change in GIC account.
Today I received portal e mail which i reply right away. But my GC account still showing file submitted instead of approved and still nothing changes on eligibility or background.
Great! Congrats.
I believe that GC account gets updated once you get the CoPR.

hardik**

Star Member
May 9, 2021
NOC Code......
Hi
Congratulations

You had single application or with dependent ?

rajdeep181

Star Member
Oct 19, 2018
My wife received the below email today. Is this valid? I don’t know why they sent it to her email when I am the PA.

Mail came from: IRCC.ClientPortalOntario-OntarioClientPortail.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

Contents of the mail-

Date: October 29, 2021
We are at the end of the process for your application for permanent residence in Canada.
Since the beginning of the pandemic in March 2020, IRCC has had to stop in-person services to protect the health and safety of clients and employees. You can now confirm your permanent residence (PR) status through a new and secure PR Portal without an in-person interview.
You, as a client, will have to access the portal yourself. If you’re a representative receiving this message, please forward this email to the clients you represented for their PR application until they were approved. Using the PR portal is the equivalent of going to an in-person landing interview – only the applicant can do so.
To confirm your PR status using the portal:
 Reply to this email and confirm 1) the email address you want to use and 2) which option below you choose for your spouse/partner and dependants 18 years or older when you applied:
o Option A, you’ll act on their behalf.
o Option B, we’ll create new accounts for each of them. Provide a unique email address for every dependant included in your application (spouse/partner and 18 years or older at the time you applied for permanent residence).
 As the principal applicant, you’ll act on behalf of your minor dependants (under 18 years of age at the time you applied for permanent residence) and any other dependants (over 18 years of age at the time you applied) you choose. We’ll

create profiles for them under your account. If you’re not acting on their behalf, each member of your family will have their own username and password.
 In your response, for yourself and for each member of your family, copy and paste this template and fill in the information (check your passport for the dates and location):
 Name:
 UCI:
 Email (as set out in this message):
 Original entry date:
 Date of last time you entered Canada:  Location where you last entered:
 If you or one of your dependants currently live outside Canada, let us know by replying to this message.
 If you can’t access online tools such as the portal due to accessibility issues or special needs, contact us by replying to this message.
Once you respond to this message, we’ll send you an invitation from this email address: Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada / Immigration Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada <IRCC.DoNotReply-NePasRepondre.IRCC@prson-srpel.apps.cic.gc.ca>
Find out more about the portal on our website.
Changes to your situation:
You must inform us immediately via the IRCC webform of any of these changes:
 marriage or common-law union, divorce, annulment, legal separation
 death of
o the sponsor
o the principal applicant or
o any accompanying family member
 birth or adoption of a child, including grandchildren born to dependent children you (the principal applicant) or any of your family members have been charged or convicted of a criminal offence
Sincerely,
Etobicoke,
Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada

Reactions: jzchang

jzchang

Star Member
Aug 5, 2020
My wife received the below email today. Is this valid? I don’t know why they sent it to her email when I am the PA.

Mail came from: IRCC.ClientPortalOntario-OntarioClientPortail.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

Contents of the mail-

Date: October 29, 2021
We are at the end of the process for your application for permanent residence in Canada.
Since the beginning of the pandemic in March 2020, IRCC has had to stop in-person services to protect the health and safety of clients and employees. You can now confirm your permanent residence (PR) status through a new and secure PR Portal without an in-person interview.
You, as a client, will have to access the portal yourself. If you’re a representative receiving this message, please forward this email to the clients you represented for their PR application until they were approved. Using the PR portal is the equivalent of going to an in-person landing interview – only the applicant can do so.
To confirm your PR status using the portal:
 Reply to this email and confirm 1) the email address you want to use and 2) which option below you choose for your spouse/partner and dependants 18 years or older when you applied:
o Option A, you’ll act on their behalf.
o Option B, we’ll create new accounts for each of them. Provide a unique email address for every dependant included in your application (spouse/partner and 18 years or older at the time you applied for permanent residence).
 As the principal applicant, you’ll act on behalf of your minor dependants (under 18 years of age at the time you applied for permanent residence) and any other dependants (over 18 years of age at the time you applied) you choose. We’ll

create profiles for them under your account. If you’re not acting on their behalf, each member of your family will have their own username and password.
 In your response, for yourself and for each member of your family, copy and paste this template and fill in the information (check your passport for the dates and location):
 Name:
 UCI:
 Email (as set out in this message):
 Original entry date:
 Date of last time you entered Canada:  Location where you last entered:
 If you or one of your dependants currently live outside Canada, let us know by replying to this message.
 If you can’t access online tools such as the portal due to accessibility issues or special needs, contact us by replying to this message.
Once you respond to this message, we’ll send you an invitation from this email address: Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada / Immigration Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada <IRCC.DoNotReply-NePasRepondre.IRCC@prson-srpel.apps.cic.gc.ca>
Find out more about the portal on our website.
Changes to your situation:
You must inform us immediately via the IRCC webform of any of these changes:
 marriage or common-law union, divorce, annulment, legal separation
 death of
o the sponsor
o the principal applicant or
o any accompanying family member
 birth or adoption of a child, including grandchildren born to dependent children you (the principal applicant) or any of your family members have been charged or convicted of a criminal offence
Sincerely,
Etobicoke,
Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada
It looks legit

hhobd

Sep 26, 2021
Medical passed: 22th sep (+ BIL request done on the same day)
GU: Oct 30 (no other GU before this one)

Hopefully will hear good news soon.....

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Medical passed: 22th sep (+ BIL request done on the same day)
GU: Oct 30 (no other GU before this one)

Hopefully will hear good news soon.....
Ghost Update on a saturday?
Must be Halloween!

Reactions: hhobd and Gauri98

Gauri98

Oct 1, 2021
Hello Everyone,

I need help.

I changed my name 10 years ago. At the time, I prepared an affidavit and two newspaper advertisements as proof of name change. I have lost the affidavit, so I attached the newspaper advertisement in my CEC application. I do admit that I made the mistake of not elaborating on this in my letter of explanation.

I just received a document request from the VO to submit an official name change document but I don't have any other documents besides the newspaper name change deed poll. I couldn't find any specific answers to this problem. I saw somewhere that I can prepare a "one and the same person" affidavit stating that "both names belong to me and I changed my name from X to Y in year ZZZZ, and I do not have any other documents besides the newspaper name change notification". Does this sound like a viable approach?

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Hello Everyone,

I need help.

I changed my name 10 years ago. At the time, I prepared an affidavit and two newspaper advertisements as proof of name change. I have lost the affidavit, so I attached the newspaper advertisement in my CEC application. I do admit that I made the mistake of not elaborating on this in my letter of explanation.

I just received a document request from the VO to submit an official name change document but I don't have any other documents besides the newspaper name change deed poll. I couldn't find any specific answers to this problem. I saw somewhere that I can prepare a "one and the same person" affidavit stating that "both names belong to me and I changed my name from X to Y in year ZZZZ, and I do not have any other documents besides the newspaper name change notification". Does this sound like a viable approach?

Thanks.
To be honest, you do not even need to send all the documents, just a letter of explanation should do. But since they are now asking for documents (and I think you have some 30 days may be to answer or 7 days to answer), you should consult an expert ie a lawyer. Why I say this?

At times ADR is just that much : requesting more documents. At times its a precursor to something more serious like PFL down the line. Rarely, though still, VO has seen some evidence contrary to your claims and now want you to make some statement. That statement can possibly contradict whatever information he or she has.

I know consulting a lawyer seems excessive and expensive but if you are getting spooked by some unusual question or request from VO/IRCC, better consult a professional.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Hello Everyone,

I need help.

Thanks.
BTW, you mentioned in past that you have a friend who got a PPR using old medical. Were you able to ask them about details of their application? Like their timeline and when they last did their medicals. If you can get that information, it may be helpful for us who are waiting.

Please update your own timeline if you can. Did you get MEP? BIL? or Update in UCI?

Ver.N

Sep 9, 2021
Hello Everyone,

I need help.

Thanks.
Gauri you just need a Name Affidavit by a lawyer/Notary. Get in touch with a lawyer and he can make this for you.

Reactions: Gauri98