+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

** CEC Applicants - Aug 2021 - timeline & updates **

RizaBree

Star Member
Aug 25, 2017
I tried updating my profile and it did not allow me to put my Canadian Citizen husband as non accompanying. It is saved :( I thought I can modify or update still, sad part I guess I have to decline invitation and create a new profile again :(

Aug 20, 2021
CEC Inland, 1 dependent
ITA - July 8 2021
Applied - August 10 2021
AOR - August 10 2021
Medical - submitted
Biometrics - waiting

Last edited:

eriannmx

Aug 16, 2021
I tried updating my profile and it did not allow me to put my Canadian Citizen husband as non accompanying. It is saved :( I thought I can modify or update still, sad part I guess I have to decline invitation and create a new profile again :(
Contact them through the webform, maybe the canalter it manually.

TimmmyD8

Aug 20, 2021
So I have my ITA following the August 19 CEC draw, and had a couple questions.

I have a common law partner who is a Canadian citizen. Just to clarify, I have put her as not accompanying me, but they still want me to fill out her travel history. Have I done something wrong here?

Secondly. My police certificate is from Australia, dated May 2019 and was used for my IEC visa. I am hoping to use this, however I visited Canada in June of 2019, came back to Austealia for a month and moved to Calgary on October 1, 2019. Do you think I will need a new certificate?

Next, how long does it take to get the AOR? My current permit expires at end of September and hoping to submit a BOWP before then. Or do I not even need the AOR for the BOWP? I am just so stressed, have no appetite. Any help would be great.

Thank you everyone.

Sunny329

Jul 23, 2018

I have a common law partner who is a Canadian citizen. Just to clarify, I have put her as not accompanying me, but they still want me to fill out her travel history. Have I done something wrong here?

Secondly. My police certificate is from Australia, dated May 2019 and was used for my IEC visa. I am hoping to use this, however I visited Canada in June of 2019, came back to Austealia for a month and moved to Calgary on October 1, 2019. Do you think I will need a new certificate?

Next, how long does it take to get the AOR? My current permit expires at end of September and hoping to submit a BOWP before then. Or do I not even need the AOR for the BOWP? I am just so stressed, have no appetite. Any help would be great.

Thank you everyone.
You will get AOR SAme day or i will say with in 5 mins ( in my case) after submission of express entry file
Yes you need AOR for BOWP
And i think Yes you need a new police certificate

Tpatel007

Aug 13, 2021
I received ITA on 19th August. while filling the form it ask for a history of 10 years of address so in my passport, I have an address that is different than where my parents currently live and I also stayed at the new address for 6 months before coming to Canada but my process of coming to Canada was already started and I got my pcc also done with the new address by giving the proof of parents documents. so do I have to update that address also in history. will it be any question why it was not updated on my passport. I need help on this. Thank you

Akshay_ug

Sep 14, 2017
I received ITA on 19th August. while filling the form it ask for a history of 10 years of address so in my passport, I have an address that is different than where my parents currently live and I also stayed at the new address for 6 months before coming to Canada but my process of coming to Canada was already started and I got my pcc also done with the new address by giving the proof of parents documents. so do I have to update that address also in history. will it be any question why it was not updated on my passport. I need help on this. Thank you
I dont think the question is too literal but yes you can elaborate different addresses even if its the same city or country. If you know the dates, there is no harm in giving the addresses. Also, address on passport can be different so that is not something that is asked in the application. Simply fill all address details in past 10 years.

Tpatel007

Aug 13, 2021
I have 2 more concerns regarding filling out the form and I will really be thankful for helping me through these concerns.
1 - ) I came as a student in 2019 and as per new rules, I can still use my old immigration medical report. But that application was done through an agent so will it be any issue to use the same medical report.
2 - ) While filling the employment and educational history record after my studies there was 2 months gap then I got a new job and over there it says there should be no gap so what should I do to fill up that gap while filling the form.

Reactions: Anna0708

cck1986

May 8, 2020

Thank you everyone.
AOR is the date on which you submit your application. So basically it is in your hands

sanish2014

Star Member
Jul 14, 2021
I have 2 more concerns regarding filling out the form and I will really be thankful for helping me through these concerns.
1 - ) I came as a student in 2019 and as per new rules, I can still use my old immigration medical report. But that application was done through an agent so will it be any issue to use the same medical report.
2 - ) While filling the employment and educational history record after my studies there was 2 months gap then I got a new job and over there it says there should be no gap so what should I do to fill up that gap while filling the form.
1, Yes you can use your previous one attached your previous medical information sheet.

2 unemployed