+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

** CEC Applicants - Aug 2021 - timeline & updates **

iamdollydot

Star Member
Nov 9, 2021
I had this same question, planning to travel next month but still waiting for portal, hopefully soon will get. trv or your work permit is still valid although you got the ecopr?

Did CBSA comment anything on this?

Appreciate your input. Thanks
no they just checked the ecopr and done.
TRV valid till APR 29

npi

Jan 29, 2022
Hi guys,
This group has helped me a lot, so I will share mine aswell. Hopefully it keeps someone else hopes high:
Applied EEBC pnp on JAnuary 2022
provincial invitation issued MArch
Accepted on Express Entry rigjt away
Submitting documents now for PR card... Not yet submitted....

But within 3 months everything was done fast....Inland BTW....

Kirlosker

Nov 16, 2021
I thought trv will get cancelled as soon as you get ecopr. Did they change this rule?
I am not sure about ecopr as I was an Outlander.. . We landed with immigrant visa and also had valid TRV.. As soon as we finished paper work with officer , we were told that all other temporary visas stand cancelled effectively. so ,I assume it is same when you respond to portal email.

Sweetgurl

Jun 23, 2017
Hi all,
For PR application;
1-If one has worked (NOC 0,A or B) for 1 year in Canada gets additional points in the EE profile, will the person be issued ITA when IRCC is conducting draws for FSW and CEC , or just only CEC specific draws? Or does it mean that having 1 year experience qualifies one for both FSWand CEC?

2- What if one submits PR application for FSW or CEC and the persons work permit is to expire like 2 months after submission of the PR application, what is required?

3- PNP and CEC which is better with the present trends? Is good to do PNP in a province like Manitoba or waist 2 months when 1 year work experience will be completed and create EE profile to be qualified for CEC?

Thank you.

npi

Jan 29, 2022
Hi all,
For PR application;
1-If one has worked (NOC 0,A or B) for 1 year in Canada gets additional points in the EE profile, will the person be issued ITA when IRCC is conducting draws for FSW and CEC , or just only CEC specific draws? Or does it mean that having 1 year experience qualifies one for both FSWand CEC?

2- What if one submits PR application for FSW or CEC and the persons work permit is to expire like 2 months after submission of the PR application, what is required?

3- PNP and CEC which is better with the present trends? Is good to do PNP in a province like Manitoba or waist 2 months when 1 year work experience will be completed and create EE profile to be qualified for CEC?

Thank you.
I would say go with PNP because you get more points....CEC and FSW has a lot of people waiting in line since aug 2021

npi

Jan 29, 2022
Hi guys,
This group has helped me a lot, so I will share mine aswell. Hopefully it keeps someone else hopes high:
Applied EEBC pnp on JAnuary 2022
provincial invitation issued MArch
Accepted on Express Entry rigjt away
Submitting documents now for PR card... Not yet submitted....

But within 3 months everything was done fast....Inland BTW....
EXPRESS ENYRY submitted now waiting for them