Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Yes. We have used old medicals from 2018(self) and 2019(dependents)
That settles it then. BCG etc got underway after Oct 26th may be.

rainbowsunicorns

Star Member
Aug 4, 2021
Ottawa
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Virtual Landing Unit / Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-08-2021
AOR Received.
04-08-2021
Med's Done....
06-2019
Congratulations...in new portal or old portal. any email or ghost updates??
Downloaded the documents in new PR portal. Still shows as "in review" but when I click on the application, the document shows up at the bottom of the page.

I also was able to link my PR card application in the old portal to see status updates there.

And, I did get an email telling me that eCoPR was ready.

KT@9879

Star Member
Aug 27, 2021
Downloaded the documents in new PR portal. Still shows as "in review" but when I click on the application, the document shows up at the bottom of the page.

I also was able to link my PR card application in the old portal to see status updates there.

And, I did get an email telling me that eCoPR was ready.
Great...thanks!

jjwu

Star Member
Oct 4, 2021
Hello, Inland applicant for CEC with 3 dependents.AOR is 22-Aug-2021. Medical passed -26th Oct 2021. After this no update . Please help me what is the next step
My medical once passed on October 28and then went back to default. No progress after that. As per the recent cases with old medicals, it should have the second time MEP around one month after the first MEP and then Portal the next day.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
My medical once passed on October 28and then went back to default. No progress after that. As per the recent cases with old medicals, it should have the second time MEP around one month after the first MEP and then Portal the next day.
There are no fixed patterns, its all a big mess.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
hello!

I did not quite get this one? What does it mean?

I use my oldmedical too 2017 for me and my dependent. Still no updates.
Typically, Background Checks, start after medical passes. Once the first MEP was communicated, I think background checks start. It takes some time after that.

For me, personally, it has been even murkier. They have not even taken my wife's biometrics till date. 2+ months in processing. I think they are waiting for medicals to be certified and then only they will start our background checks and then they will take her biometirc.

sheikh.khader

Oct 8, 2021
Typically, Background Checks, start after medical passes. Once the first MEP was communicated, I think background checks start. It takes some time after that.

For me, personally, it has been even murkier. They have not even taken my wife's biometrics till date. 2+ months in processing. I think they are waiting for medicals to be certified and then only they will start our background checks and then they will take her biometirc.
yeah, you are right, it is not predictable.
Actually, my AOR is August 25 and got the MEP (upfront new medicals) and BIL request on September 24. I have completed my Biometrics and updated on October 21 only as our passports were with Consulate for renewal. I have created webform and submitted the new passport copies on November 1, 2021. I just want to understand if they will start the background only after biometrics completion or as soon as the MEP update? Not sure, if anyone knows please clarify. Meanwhile, I saw GU on November 25 and November 28. I am assuming they are updating my file now only for the passport copies i have submitted via webform on November 1.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
I just want to understand if they will start the background only after biometrics completion or as soon as the MEP update
Thats a good question...

You see, the path biometrics take is somewhat of a twisted on. Atleast for inland folks.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/corporate-initiatives/biometrics/process-steps-2018.html

It goes like this You->Service Canada->RCMP->IRCC->CBSA . Unless something has changed recently.

Also, Among other things, BG checks include Criminality, Org. Crime, Security. Security is dealt by CSIS. Criminality and Org. Crime by RCMP.

I am not 100% sure, but security usually start the last, except for PNP people. So, Criminality and Org. Crime are done before that. That means RCMP does processing before that. Now I am guessing, RCMP will need your fingerprints before it can do criminality checks. I mean, other than that, It could verify your PCC but thats the extent of it.

So, yes, biometrics blocks Criminality (AFAIK) and that in turn blocks Security.

So your BG Check (criminality and security) *should* in theory be done after biometrics.

iamdollydot

Star Member
Nov 9, 2021

my status says you do not need any medical. blah blah...i don't get it. my application is straight forward all they have to do is the BG check. :(

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
my status says you do not need any medical. blah blah...i don't get it. my application is straight forward all they have to do is the BG check. :(
Unfortunately, the "blah blah..." is the detail that I do not know completely. If you get your GCMS notes, it can tell you where your application is at. What is done and what is not.

If it helps, I have ordered mine.

iamdollydot

Star Member
Nov 9, 2021
Unfortunately, the "blah blah..." is the detail that I do not know completely. If you get your GCMS notes, it can tell you where your application is at. What is done and what is not.

If it helps, I have ordered mine.
lol! It just says
Medical: you do not need a medical. we will inform you if this changes
Biometrics: you do not need biometrics. we will inform you if this changes

iamdollydot

Star Member
Nov 9, 2021
I feel like the ones with upfront medical will refresh the application and would ping the system to check the application again, unlike from those with existing bio and medical it does not ping the application so it would sit in limbo somewhere.. Not sure about this though, just my theory, but it could be possible if they are using a computer generated system on choosing which application to check in first..

I have checked the CEC Sept applications, lots of movement and lots of APPROVAL updates :(:(

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
I feel like the ones with upfront medical will refresh the application and would ping the system to check the application again, unlike from those with existing bio and medical it does not ping the application so it would sit in limbo somewhere.. Not sure about this though, just my theory, but it could be possible if they are using a computer generated system on choosing which application to check in first..

I have checked the CEC Sept applications, lots of movement and lots of APPROVAL updates :(:(
Indeed, those who applied with old meds are facing delays. Old bios are not much of an issue, old meds are.
Funny part? They mentioned in the policy that old meds are supposed to speed up things.. I guess for them and not for us.