+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC Applicants - AOR Feb 2021 **Join Here**

shaunc

Nov 11, 2021
Is Anyone still waiting for their first portal email? Why does it take so long for me? AOR Feb 25
Long time lurker here, but I'm in the same boat, AOR Feb 27 :(. Application was sent to Vancouver and then to Edmonton. Last I heard from my MP was that it was being "finalized" on 8th October, but I haven't been able to find out any further clarification as to what that actually means.

Reactions: Usercecinland

Josephjoincom

Jan 2, 2019
Long time lurker here, but I'm in the same boat, AOR Feb 27 :(. Application was sent to Vancouver and then to Edmonton. Last I heard from my MP was that it was being "finalized" on 8th October, but I haven't been able to find out any further clarification as to what that actually means.
You are a little bit luckier than me. In October, my MP told me that My eligibility hasn't started yet.

shaunc

Nov 11, 2021
You are a little bit luckier than me. In October, my MP told me that My eligibility hasn't started yet.
I need to wait on the GCMS notes (due on the 15th Nov), to confirm that "finalizing" means what I think it means. I've sent a few webforms asking what that meant and all they would say is: "until you receive a final decision your application is in progress". When the MP told me that, the website said that they were currently finalizing applicants in that week. So I'm not 100% sure they were talking about my application specifically, or whether they just told the MP that they were finalizing applications submitted during that week.

Josephjoincom

Jan 2, 2019
I need to wait on the GCMS notes (due on the 15th Nov), to confirm that "finalizing" means what I think it means. I've sent a few webforms asking what that meant and all they would say is: "until you receive a final decision your application is in progress". When the MP told me that, the website said that they were currently finalizing applicants in that week. So I'm not 100% sure they were talking about my application specifically, or whether they just told the MP that they were finalizing applications submitted during that week.
I am waiting my GCMS notes since September. Everything has been delayed and there is no way to find out what is happening to my file. The worst experience I've ever had.

shaunc

Nov 11, 2021
I am waiting my GCMS notes since September. Everything has been delayed and there is no way to find out what is happening to my file. The worst experience I've ever had.
Totally agree, I consider myself a reasonable person; and I can completely understand that there will be backlogs and mistakes made because of the upheaval COVID-19 has caused. I can forgive delays, but, the lack of transparency in processing the applications and complete disdain for applicants is unforgivable. I hate the fact that my application hasn't been processed with the same timeliness and attention that other people's has and at this point it feels very much like a lottery as to how quickly things happen. You can't even raise a complaint about the treatment either without receiving an automated email telling you that they aren't going to read your email.

Reactions: FayRe and Niusham

mstefan

Feb 17, 2021
Burlington, ON
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-02-2021
AOR Received.
18-02-2021
Med's Done....
16-02-2021
LANDED..........
27-09-2021
Hey guys!

I haven’t been active for a while. Needed some time to reset my brain after the IRCC induced PTSD :)

Quick update on my side. My PR card has been mailed yesterday.

Submitted address and photos on sept. 26. Got eCOPR the next day. Linked my PR card application to GCKey. First GU on nov. 9, second GU and status change to Approved on nov. 10. Also message appeared that my card has been mailed. Now just waiting for it to arrive. The progress is the same for all my dependants. The virtual landing portal still shows that my photo is in review, so don’t rely on that one.

I’m sad to see that the Feb. 2021 thread is still active. We should have all ended up the entire procedure by now.

I wish you all luck and patience!

tph058

Star Member
Feb 13, 2021
Hey guys!

I haven’t been active for a while. Needed some time to reset my brain after the IRCC induced PTSD :)

Submitted address and photos on sept. 26. Got eCOPR the next day. Linked my PR card application to GCKey. First GU on nov. 9, second GU and status change to Approved on nov. 10. Also message appeared that my card has been mailed. Now just waiting for it to arrive. The progress is the same for all my dependants. The virtual landing portal still shows that my photo is in review, so don’t rely on that one.

I’m sad to see that the Feb. 2021 thread is still active. We should have all ended up the entire procedure by now.

Congratulation :) It is a long wait but it worth it. Again, Congrats to you and your family :)

• Love
Reactions: mstefan

Usercecinland

Star Member
Nov 6, 2021
I am in a similar shitty situation.
AOR March 24th 2021
Gcms notes received on Nov 5th says:
Assessments all passed and Final APPROVED.
Under finalize section: I see a COPR created on September 27th, amd updated on October 4th 2021 with status Not started.
Only God knows why I didn't receive the first email yet! I just read someone with AOR in sept 2021 got their first email already. This isn't about covid this is about lazy and unprofessional employees they don't realise they're handling people' mental health. This feels almost humiliating to be told that you should just accept to wait an unknown amount of time which could be days weeks months or years. Shame on them.. this is a disgusting behaviour... This doesn't look good on Canada and Covid doesn t justify it. I work from home and our company's performance has been going up during covid. All they need a laptop and internet. Covid has nothing to do with this.

nightknight

May 12, 2021
Hey guys!

Thank you for checking in. Yes, it's bizarre that we're still here. My application is complete and they have all the documents they needed. I have contacted my MP already and, as you might have guessed, they didn't provide any information that I don't already know. GCMS notes were requested over a month ago and I haven't received anything. I have just started sending webform inquiries and emailed IRCC.ClientPortal-PortailClient.IRCC@cic.gc.ca. Not expecting much but let's see. Do you have any tips? My progress is in the signature. Thanks!

Jul 1, 2021
I am in a similar shitty situation.
AOR March 24th 2021
Gcms notes received on Nov 5th says:
Assessments all passed and Final APPROVED.
Under finalize section: I see a COPR created on September 27th, amd updated on October 4th 2021 with status Not started.
Only God knows why I didn't receive the first email yet! I just read someone with AOR in sept 2021 got their first email already. This isn't about covid this is about lazy and unprofessional employees they don't realise they're handling people' mental health. This feels almost humiliating to be told that you should just accept to wait an unknown amount of time which could be days weeks months or years. Shame on them.. this is a disgusting behaviour... This doesn't look good on Canada and Covid doesn t justify it. I work from home and our company's performance has been going up during covid. All they need a laptop and internet. Covid has nothing to do with this.
Same boat, My ATIP says appliction approved on July 18, 2021 but no update after. Very frustating because we are waiting for simply nothing.

Stephzer

Star Member
Dec 19, 2020
Thank you for checking in. Yes, it's bizarre that we're still here. My application is complete and they have all the documents they needed. I have contacted my MP already and, as you might have guessed, they didn't provide any information that I don't already know. GCMS notes were requested over a month ago and I haven't received anything. I have just started sending webform inquiries and emailed IRCC.ClientPortal-PortailClient.IRCC@cic.gc.ca. Not expecting much but let's see. Do you have any tips? My progress is in the signature. Thanks!
It actually worked for me, I got credentials,now I’m waiting for ecopr. AoR feb 15.

mstefan

Feb 17, 2021
Burlington, ON
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-02-2021
AOR Received.
18-02-2021
Med's Done....
16-02-2021
LANDED..........
27-09-2021
From my experience, it's really a matter of luck, more than anything else. I can't give you any tips unfortunately since I'm not sure what would work, and what would be useless. The only thing you can do is, well, harass them on any available channel of communication. Call, raise webforms, send emails to virtual landing units, VOs, every address you can find. And just don't "attack" them, rather ask for help.

They are much more sympathetic when you present your struggle from a human side. They are very well aware of the entire shitty situation, and honestly, they don't really give a f*ck, nor they can do much to speed up things on an individual basis. It's a systemic issue, and the entire process and the institution (IRCC) deserve a reset.

So yeah, it's humiliating but you have to kiss their ass*s. It's hard to find a balance between presenting your struggle and not playing the victim, but I'm sure you'll find the right words to do it. And at the end, it'll always depend on the person that reads your email or hears your story over a phone call. You can stumble upon a real assh*le who was bullied when he/she was a kid and now takes pleasure in f*cking others, or be lucky enough to talk to one of those who show some empathy.