+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC Applicants - AOR Feb 2021 **Join Here**

bigvac123

Apr 7, 2021
That's not necessarily true. There is no rhyme or reason to it. My AOR is Feb 2, 2021. I phoned IRCC on May 4th and again yesterday (June 14), it seems to be sitting in the Vancouver VO with no movement since last time I called. I got a GU last Thursday and I was really hoping it was a sign of better things - apparently not.
I think our files haven't been assigned to any officer (agent/analyst) after transferring to VO. That's why there is no movement for months. It is now just in a queue waiting for someone to pickup & process. We should patiently wait for more weeks/ months. Sadly but thats all we can do now.

Last edited:

Eric P

May 8, 2021
I think our files haven't been assigned to any officer (agent/analyst) after transferring to VO. That's why there is no movement for months. It is now just in a queue waiting for someone to pickup & process. We should patiently wait for more weeks/ months. Sadly but thats all we can do now.
I agree we have no option but to wait.
But your file does assign to officers when it was transferred. Officer ID is shown on the first page of GCMS note. Not 100% sure.

bigvac123

Apr 7, 2021
I agree we have no option but to wait.
But your file does assign to officers when it was transferred. Officer ID is shown on the first page of GCMS note. Not 100% sure.
I am not sure 100% on how and when they assign the files to officers. But as what I see in some GCMS notes, when a file is transferred to another VO, it can be assigned to 'RC-....', (eg: RC-9515 is VO Ottawa) and it is the ID of VO, not a specific officer.
The files will then be assigned to an officer in that VO later on (soon or late, noone know)

Eric P

May 8, 2021
I am not sure 100% on how and when they assign the files to officers. But as what I see in some GCMS notes, when a file is transferred to another VO, it can be assigned to 'RC-....', (eg: RC-9515 is VO Ottawa) and it is the ID of VO, not a specific officer.
The files will then be assigned to an officer in that VO later on (soon or late, noone know)
Yeah, it make sense too.

avneet788

Star Member
Sep 13, 2019
RC-9515: Regional Centre Ottawa

RC-9570: Regional Centre Mississauga

coolcanuck604

Mar 2, 2021
It's all luck man. Imagin they hire a new staff and your file was assigned to her/him to start her work with. Your file will be processed right away. First one in the line. But if your file was assiged to a senior who already has 50 file on hand. You will have to wait.
Of course, some officers are fast and some are slow (lazy). Everyone has colleage that don't want to work and not getting things done.
I never work at IRCC but I think this is likely what is going on there. Just my thoughts, happy to hear your thoughts too.
Hey, can we all just stop projecting assumptions that visa officers are lazy and don't want to work, just because our applications aren't being processed as fast as we want? It's coming up in the forums more regularly and honestly, it's pretty mean and disrespectful, and actually is not grounded in any sort of fact or evidence, and truthfully it's tiring and not helpful. The fact is, they drew 27,000 applications on Feb 13th alone and have kept drawing 5000 twice a month since then. That's ON TOP of spousal sponsorships, refugee applications, adoptions, grandparent supervisas, and all the other types of family reunification.

Yes, we all want it to be processed as fast as possible. Yes, this impacts our lives. But MOST of us in this thread are in Canada with our Covid vaccines, and free health care, not sitting in a refugee camp for 10 years waiting on our applications to be processed so our children can go to school, or waiting for IRCC to process the adoption application to be united with a child, or sitting in a country overrun with Covid and no possibility of a vaccine.

It takes 4-6 months in a non covid times. That's pretty darn good considering it takes YEARS for other ones. Can we just get some perspective and start with the assumption that everybody is just doing the best they can? Most people don't go to work actively trying to mess up other people's lives.

Bhavleen24

Jun 9, 2021
That's not necessarily true. There is no rhyme or reason to it. My AOR is Feb 2, 2021. I phoned IRCC on May 4th and again yesterday (June 14), it seems to be sitting in the Vancouver VO with no movement since last time I called. I got a GU last Thursday and I was really hoping it was a sign of better things - apparently not.
Mine is same! AOR - Feb 1, 2021 and have not gotten any GU either. Vancouver is one of the slowest VO.

Reactions: SterlingFive

coolcanuck604

Mar 2, 2021
That isn't surprising considering how the system works. The process isn't transparent enough, so we can only make assumptions about how the government processes our applications and why delays happen.

The consensus is that a lot of VO process applications extremely fast (60-80 days AOR to CoPR, while the pre-covid norm was 4-6 months), but getting assigned to Montreal or Vancouver is a sentence.

Yes these offices may be longer. But how does that equal "lazy VOs who don't want to work"? It doesn't. 1`

This means nothing. They shouldn't draw more people than they can process in a reasonable time.
It was a political decision, that quickly overloaded panel physicians in Canada, and most likely will lead to further delays in processing for all of us.

Again, you can have that opinion that they shouldn't have done it. But that doesn't change the reality nor does it impact the processing times.

I suppose most people just want to have a predictable timeline.
I, personally, don't care if it takes 1 month or 6. I just want to know an exact date when I'll get my CoPR or deportation order.
It's unfair to see how someone who applied two months after you gets CoPR while you're still sitting with a pending Criminality check.

It's not a "first come first serve" system. You have no idea why someone's took shorter than yours. They might have applied before. No two applications are the same, so similar timelines can't be assumed. And how do you expect them to tell you the exact date before they've processed your application? Sure, I would like an exact date too but that's unrealistic. As for fair, when you have 2 exact same cases with the exact same circumstances and one is treated different, then you can argue fair.

You're right, most of us are already in Canada. We were already put under scrutiny during work or study permit applications.
It just makes even less sense to hear about RCMP, CBSA, or intelligence agencies in this scenario. It's clear that we were thoroughly checked.

Student visas and work visas absolutely do not go through the same scrutiny as PR. The stakes are way higher for PR.

And, as I've said before, how does creating a total myth of lazy officers out to intentionally delay your application help anything? What is the whole point of expressing that unfounded viewpoint on a forum meant to support people?

Reactions: iamalazyperson

Eric P

May 8, 2021
they are just making covid as an excuse. if you are lucky your case officer works, if not you wait and desperately read posts here.
Exactly, if they make the process more fair and transparent. I won't read posts here, exactly like you said, desperately.
I mean everything is in digital format, i don't understand why they cannot assign file evenly. Some get approved within 3 month others just have to wait and no one process their file. I understand some files are complex and take longer, but they need to processed in sequence.
This is so easy to fix but no one take actions. Typical government thing, big fat bureaucracy, nobody get anything done. This is so unfair.

Fergie_shalom

Jan 5, 2021
Hey, can we all just stop projecting assumptions that visa officers are lazy and don't want to work, just because our applications aren't being processed as fast as we want? It's coming up in the forums more regularly and honestly, it's pretty mean and disrespectful, and actually is not grounded in any sort of fact or evidence, and truthfully it's tiring and not helpful. The fact is, they drew 27,000 applications on Feb 13th alone and have kept drawing 5000 twice a month since then. That's ON TOP of spousal sponsorships, refugee applications, adoptions, grandparent supervisas, and all the other types of family reunification.

Yes, we all want it to be processed as fast as possible. Yes, this impacts our lives. But MOST of us in this thread are in Canada with our Covid vaccines, and free health care, not sitting in a refugee camp for 10 years waiting on our applications to be processed so our children can go to school, or waiting for IRCC to process the adoption application to be united with a child, or sitting in a country overrun with Covid and no possibility of a vaccine.

It takes 4-6 months in a non covid times. That's pretty darn good considering it takes YEARS for other ones. Can we just get some perspective and start with the assumption that everybody is just doing the best they can? Most people don't go to work actively trying to mess up other people's lives.
Hi,

Well said, BUT: all applicants spend $$$$ before applying for immigration programs nothing comes for free in this country. We, applicants, are anxious and upset because we want good service for the money we pay. They can hire more staff if they receive so many applications. I work from home as most of you and don't delay anything. COVID shouldn't be an excuse for delays.

Some officers are lazy; for example, last week, they requested me to fill out the Military form and clearly, I had never been involved in the army but they didn't check my application thoroughly to notice it. In the request message, even the form number was incorrect. If an applicant makes a minor mistake they immediately refuse the application, if they make it then it's a typo. To call and get through the agent, you should wait for hours some time days, if you email them it takes a week if your order GCMS notes it's another month and the list goes on and on.

Last edited:

EdiCavani07

Star Member
May 21, 2021
Canada
Category........
CEC
[People with Primary VO: Montreal]
Hey guys,
For those of you who have their GCMS notes, do you guys know if your application got transferred to Montreal VO because of answering "Yes" to any Stat question or your application was "complex application" (not sure about parameters to define an application as complex. But let's assume Single applicant/No criminal record/Canadian Education/No or Low travel history = Simple) or was it just "workload distribution"?

I am trying to understand if earlier experiences of people with applications being transferred to Montreal VO still hold true or not?