+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC Applicants - AOR Feb 2021 **Join Here**

eddieeeeeelyx

Star Member
Apr 21, 2021
Hello eddie,

I've decided to contact my MP. Do you have any advice or suggestions in terms of what to write in the email? Is there any existing thread regarding this? Thanks a lot for your help!
This was how the conversation started:
Dear XXXX,

Hope this email finds you well.

I am writing to you regarding a PR application. My name is XXXXX, currently residing in XXXX (city).

The current application shows that all stages were passed on June.18th.2021, but there has been no movement since then.
(Application number: XXXX; Unique Client Identifier: XXXXX)

Waiting for almost 2 months with no updates, I thought about contacting my local MP to seek guidance on receiving the CoPR.

Please let me know if there is anything can be done from your end and I appreciate your time and help on this matter.

sprsmy

Jul 2, 2020
Thank you so much for your help. Got your message. I will let you know the results.
After submitting response for my PFL ( Intention of living outside of Quebec), I received a letter from Visa officer today asking me to provide the signed lease from Ontario.

I am currently in Montreal and my lease is valid till Dec end. The one I need to take in Ontario should be starting from Jan 2022 or from the near future date? Please let me know. Thanks.

Eric P

May 8, 2021
After submitting response for my PFL ( Intention of living outside of Quebec), I received a letter from Visa officer today asking me to provide the signed lease from Ontario.

I am currently in Montreal and my lease is valid till Dec end. The one I need to take in Ontario should be starting from Jan 2022 or from the near future date? Please let me know. Thanks.
Obvousely the offcier wants to see a lease in Ontario already started. To show you already made up your mind to live in Ontario before you received the letter.

sprsmy

Jul 2, 2020

In my PFL response to the visa officer, I had mentioned that I am in Montreal and will be moving to Toronto after getting the PR. Thats my plan also.

Eric P

May 8, 2021
In my PFL response to the visa officer, I had mentioned that I am in Montreal and will be moving to Toronto after getting the PR. Thats my plan also.
I mean if the officer like your plan, he or she wouldn't ask for the lease.
You know what I mean? Its just common sense. Don't make it difficult for the offcier to determine whether you have intend or not.
You can say whatever in your plan but you need to show it. If I were you, I will get a lease in Ontario now and send it in.

Reactions: sprsmy

nightknight

May 12, 2021
So the MP followed up on my case and nothing of what's been relayed to me is new. The MP's office said that they will continue following up on my case.

Today, I saw Ontario's premier on the news saying that Canada does not have supplies shortage but rather people shortage. I'm wondering if there is a way to contact the premier's office. I know he is very busy but what if we (Ontario applicants for example) gather and write a letter with all of our information and case timelines, wouldn't that be beneficial? Is anyone interested? I live in Waterloo, ON.

crleo22

Oct 21, 2021
Hey guys, just wanted to jump in here as I'm also waiting for 8 months.

Category: CEC (Inland)
AOR: Feb 19, 2021
Medical passed: 4 Mar 2021
I did update one thing in my application through web form in April
I had around 3 GUs end of September-October and asked for notes this week. So far no more updates

I have a closed work permit that expires in 2023 and the BOWP that expires in March. I actually left the company that had the closed work permit last week and am working for a new one with the BOWP. It's all very unsettling this whole wait

lllsouzap

Star Member
Dec 3, 2020
So the MP followed up on my case and nothing of what's been relayed to me is new. The MP's office said that they will continue following up on my case.

Today, I saw Ontario's premier on the news saying that Canada does not have supplies shortage but rather people shortage. I'm wondering if there is a way to contact the premier's office. I know he is very busy but what if we (Ontario applicants for example) gather and write a letter with all of our information and case timelines, wouldn't that be beneficial? Is anyone interested? I live in Waterloo, ON.
What your MP says about your case?