+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC applicant with a few questions and projections!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
fat_penguin said:
3) Well, not necessarily. In order to obtain your P.Eng and become a professional engineer, you have to write a law and ethics exam and also go through a significant process in which you have to document 4-years of experience under the mentorship of an already established P.Eng holder. You cannot stamp engineering documents with a Bachelor's degree or even call yourself an "engineer". It is against the law. So no, it truly is a licensed professional occupation.
I understand the process (I was born here and have many many friend who are in the field). This still in no way compares to the educational process that doctors, dentists, etc. have to go through - consequently they get more education points. Anyway - moot point since the points and how you qualify are fixed.

alekseyk

Dec 24, 2014
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
leights said:
I recently just got my PNP ( it took 12 days for them to process ) and I missed the 2nd draw but I now have 919 points hopefully enough to get me into the next draw so i'll let you know if I don't as I should have enough points to qualify.[/i]
Hey Leights,

How did you get PNP so fast? Did your employer give you Pre-screening form form in order to apply for PNP?
Btw did you get ITA after 3rd draw?(CIC just posted quota)

fat_penguin

Star Member
Dec 5, 2014
@leights Are the criteria for BC EE PNP similar to Ontario Regular PNP? As in:

-workers: 2 years of work experience

or

-students: need to apply within 2 years of graduation?

I am not eligible for any of the Ontario PNP tracks since I only have 1.5 years of Canadian work experience and it's been 2.5 years since I got my Bachelor's. Sh*t outta luck!

leights

Feb 20, 2015
alekseyk said:
Hey Leights,

How did you get PNP so fast? Did your employer give you Pre-screening form form in order to apply for PNP?
Btw did you get ITA after 3rd draw?(CIC just posted quota)
Hey,

I'm not sure - BC PNP are really good I guess.. I sent my app forms in last year December then got notification that I could apply EE if I wanted, ( I guess to clear the backlog from last year as doing it the old way I would have waited maybe 13 months for PNP to come through.

No My Employer didn't give me pre-screening, I just told them what I needed as in a reference letter, indefinite offer of employment letter and company info including my duties, and part of the BC PNP forms is a form the Employer needs to fill out about the position and why it couldn't be filled by a Canadian.

And yes I got ITA last night.! :)

leights

Feb 20, 2015
fat_penguin said:
@ leights Are the criteria for BC EE PNP similar to Ontario Regular PNP? As in:

-workers: 2 years of work experience

or

-students: need to apply within 2 years of graduation?

I am not eligible for any of the Ontario PNP tracks since I only have 1.5 years of Canadian work experience and it's been 2.5 years since I got my Bachelor's. Sh*t outta luck!
Hey,

The criteria differs between the province I believe, however based on the above you would have probably qualified for BC PNP. Ontario currently doesn't have PNP in place for EE. I think you only need 1 year work experience in line with CEC criteria, or maybe it isn't because I have 2.5 years work experience here. I guess it's different for me as well as i'm on a Intra-company 3 year visa that I could extend to a max of 4 years. Getting PNP was able to get me an ITA last night.

Wish you luck, or just move to beautiful B.C :)

fat_penguin

Star Member
Dec 5, 2014
leights said:
Hey,

The criteria differs between the province I believe, however based on the above you would have probably qualified for BC PNP. Ontario currently doesn't have PNP in place for EE. I think you only need 1 year work experience in line with CEC criteria, or maybe it isn't because I have 2.5 years work experience here. I guess it's different for me as well as i'm on a Intra-company 3 year visa that I could extend to a max of 4 years. Getting PNP was able to get me an ITA last night.

Wish you luck, or just move to beautiful B.C :)
Ahh congrats on the ITA! Best of luck with the rest of the application! Keep us posted how it goes.

Mazher Ahmed

Jul 17, 2014
Hi
I got over all ielts band 7
Reading 7.5
Listening 7
speaking 6
writing 6.5

I need to know if I make a profile on CIC for Canadian express entry and later on i get better score in ielts, should i am able to update my ielts score on Candadian express entry profile . As i am thinking to give one more try to get better score in ielts.

fat_penguin

Star Member
Dec 5, 2014
fat_penguin said:
Hey leights, thanks for the reply:
2) Ha, that's odd. I did indeed select my country of residence as Canada. Not sure where I have gone wrong and why I am not eligible for FSW in this particular case. Please note that on the "Proof of Funds" page ( http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp ), it again states that you need to declare these funds "unless you are currently authorized to work in Canada and have a valid job offer from an employer in Canada". Valid = LMIA-approved, i guess. I think that is the reason.
4) I unfortunately work in Ontario and don't have any intention of moving elsewhere. Don't even think I have the time for it. And to my best knowledge, Ontario fast-track (EE PNP) isn't established yet. And I am sure the same set of eligibility rules will still apply to the new system when EE PNP is in effect so I won't be eligible. Alas!
UPDATE ON #2: Just updated my profile to report proof of funds, I am now eligible for FSW as well... So yeah, if anyone else is wondering:

For FSW: proof of funds is required even if you are in & working in Canada but don't have an LMIA.