+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC Applicant. Need advice is it advisable to marry post AOR

sam06

Aug 7, 2017
Hey guys. I need some advise as I am pretty confused. I wanted to know what is the best time to get married. Can someone marry post AOR? If yes, what documents are needed and would case processing time increase.
Other option someone told me was to marry after COPR and they said, in this case you will have PR atleast and than spouse can be added. Especially if spouse is in another country and myself as inland applicant.

And the last option which I had in mind was sponsoring after getting PR.
Which of the three is easier, better and or less time consuming in terms of Process especially given pandemic.

Thanks!

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
If you get married any time before you have landed, you must update your application to include your spouse. There is a minor delay involved in that, but it is mandatory if you get married before you have landed in Canada. If you do not update your application to include your spouse before you land, and you are married before you land, you can never sponsor your spouse.

Otherwise, wait until after you have landed in Canada to get married.

sam06

Aug 7, 2017
If you get married any time before you have landed, you must update your application to include your spouse. There is a minor delay involved in that, but it is mandatory if you get married before you have landed in Canada. If you do not update your application to include your spouse before you land, and you are married before you land, you can never sponsor your spouse.

Otherwise, wait until after you have landed in Canada to get married.
I am a CEC inland Canada. I want to marry spouse who is abroad. Can I marry post AOR and travel back to canada on work permit while it processes?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I am a CEC inland Canada. I want to marry spouse who is abroad. Can I marry post AOR and travel back to canada on work permit while it processes?
If you have a valid TRV, then yes.