+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC applicant from Quebec

NassimC

May 6, 2021
Hi everyone,
I have applied in December 13th under CEC, living and working in Quebec. My due date is June 13th. Not sure if I will get in trouble because of the fact that I am living in Québec, even though I am willing to settle down in Ottawa. Any thoughts on my situation? Thanks

Reactions: C_vitamin

Dhan09

Aug 3, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
07-03-2020
AOR Received.
07-03-2020
Since u applied already, did u order gcms notes to see the status of your application. It'd have been wiser to add all the proof about moving to Ontario with the initial application itself.

NassimC

May 6, 2021
I didn't order a gcms but I called IRCC and the agent told me my application is in progress and in schedule. I also didn't add any proof because they didn't ask for any, I just put what they asked for. I didn't know I should have added proofs and there is nothing in their website about it! Maybe I should have looked deeper. It's been 5 months now and my due date is June 13th.

mstefan

Feb 17, 2021
Burlington, ON
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-02-2021
AOR Received.
18-02-2021
Med's Done....
16-02-2021
LANDED..........
27-09-2021
I didn't order a gcms but I called IRCC and the agent told me my application is in progress and in schedule. I also didn't add any proof because they didn't ask for any, I just put what they asked for. I didn't know I should have added proofs and there is nothing in their website about it! Maybe I should have looked deeper. It's been 5 months now and my due date is June 13th.
I think it will really depend on the agent processing your file.
Generally, when you know that your situation can be problematic or your intentions questionable, you should always add a letter of explanation, at your own initiative.
You can find in this forum examples of applicants whose applications were denied because of a lack of proof, others had additional document requests before a decision was made, and others were luckier and didn't have any problem.
I, personally left Quebec before applying. And when I applied, I explained in my LOE why, in my opinion, they have no reason to think that this is just a shortcut to avoid Quebec's long and fastidious procedures.
This is a critical point, especially since people are starting to protest against everything that is happening to Quebec's applicants.
I wish you success, I really do, but from my point of view, you should send them a letter explaining your situation, and trying to prove your intentions. Just to not take any unnecessary risk!
It's not going to be easy since you still live and work there, but since your application hasn't been rejected so far, I guess it's a good sign.
Good luck buddy!

NassimC

May 6, 2021
Generally, when you know that your situation can be problematic or your intentions questionable, you should always add a letter of explanation, at your own initiative.
You can find in this forum examples of applicants whose applications were denied because of a lack of proof, others had additional document requests before a decision was made, and others were luckier and didn't have any problem.
I, personally left Quebec before applying. And when I applied, I explained in my LOE why, in my opinion, they have no reason to think that this is just a shortcut to avoid Quebec's long and fastidious procedures.
This is a critical point, especially since people are starting to protest against everything that is happening to Quebec's applicants.
I wish you success, I really do, but from my point of view, you should send them a letter explaining your situation, and trying to prove your intentions. Just to not take any unnecessary risk!
It's not going to be easy since you still live and work there, but since your application hasn't been rejected so far, I guess it's a good sign.
Good luck buddy!
Thank you so much for your advice! I will look for a LOE template to see what I should put there and send it to them. I really hope this will work for me and everybody else. Thank you so much!

rjmani2007

Star Member
Mar 25, 2021
Good luck buddy!
Hi , i have submitted my application from quebec and now moved to Ontario (hawkesbury) and updated my address... also my workpermit still with Montreal... Will there be any issue for my application?

Current status : all stages passed and waiting for final decision as per the call with agent ....
Thanks

NassimC

May 6, 2021
Hi , i have submitted my application from quebec and now moved to Ontario (hawkesbury) and updated my address... also my workpermit still with Montreal... Will there be any issue for my application?

Current status : all stages passed and waiting for final decision as per the call with agent ....
Thanks
Where did you update your address, with the federal government or everywhere? Thank you!

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
First of all, your "due date" is completely irrelevant, get ready to 2+wait for a lot longer than 6 months.

Secondly, by being currently living and working in QC, you have a high chance of seeing your application rejected. It's on you to convince the officer that you will br settling anywhere but QC.

The fact that you are living and working there is definitely something playing against you. If you are willing to settle in ON, you should probably start now. Maybe look into moving or at least trying to find a job there, and update about any change in address.

You are looking at a very likely refusal, not to worry you but to give you a heads up. This is a situation that has been seen many times in this forum, so don't be surprised it occurs to you too.

NassimC

May 6, 2021
First of all, your "due date" is completely irrelevant, get ready to 2+wait for a lot longer than 6 months.

Secondly, by being currently living and working in QC, you have a high chance of seeing your application rejected. It's on you to convince the officer that you will br settling anywhere but QC.

The fact that you are living and working there is definitely something playing against you. If you are willing to settle in ON, you should probably start now. Maybe look into moving or at least trying to find a job there, and update about any change in address.

You are looking at a very likely refusal, not to worry you but to give you a heads up. This is a situation that has been seen many times in this forum, so don't be surprised it occurs to you too.
Thank you for warning me on this. I have found an appartement un Hawkesbury and I will get a lease in few days. The lease will start in July. I also have applied to many job offers in Ontario and still waiting for an answer. Do you think the lease starting from July may help? Thank you.

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Thank you for warning me on this. I have found an appartement un Hawkesbury and I will get a lease in few days. The lease will start in July. I also have applied to many job offers in Ontario and still waiting for an answer. Do you think the lease starting from July may help? Thank you.
Certainly, make sure to send these details to IRCC via webform, let them know that in order to ensure that you will not be settled in QC once you become a PR, you've signed a lease and will be moving to ON in July. Providing some evidence of the jobs to which you've applied should also help your case.

Provide some written explanation and attach a letter with lease details, etc. And once you've moved update them as well.

NassimC

May 6, 2021
Certainly, make sure to send these details to IRCC via webform, let them know that in order to ensure that you will not be settled in QC once you become a PR, you've signed a lease and will be moving to ON in July. Providing some evidence of the jobs to which you've applied should also help your case.

Provide some written explanation and attach a letter with lease details, etc. And once you've moved update them as well.
Thank you so much!!

C_vitamin

Star Member
Jul 29, 2020
Hi everyone,
I have applied in December 13th under CEC, living and working in Quebec. My due date is June 13th. Not sure if I will get in trouble because of the fact that I am living in Québec, even though I am willing to settle down in Ottawa. Any thoughts on my situation? Thanks
Hello Nassim,

What is your current situation? Did they approved your PR?

NassimC

May 6, 2021
Hello, nothing has changed. I am still waiting. I called them to update my address (Ontario address). Eligibility in progress, security not started, everything else was completed.