+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC Applicant adding spouse

SKB_123

Nov 16, 2018
Hi All,

I have 2 queries regarding Canadian Experience Class Entry under Express Entry Program.

1) If the Applicant under CEC gets married to a person and the application is still under progress, they inform CIC about the marital status change. Now, what is the timeline for the process to complete after adding spouse ?

2) Since the applicant is under CEC, they dont have to provide POF, but after adding spouse in their application , do they have to provide POF ?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi All,

I have 2 queries regarding Canadian Experience Class Entry under Express Entry Program.

1) If the Applicant under CEC gets married to a person and the application is still under progress, they inform CIC about the marital status change. Now, what is the timeline for the process to complete after adding spouse ?
It varies for each applicant, and at what stage you add them. It doesn't matter, you have to add them. If you don't, it is misrepresentation, and could lead to a refusal or worse.

2) Since the applicant is under CEC, they dont have to provide POF, but after adding spouse in their application , do they have to provide POF ?
No.

Bunny Thapar

Jun 27, 2017
Visa Office......
Montreal
Hi @SKB_123 ,

I am in the same situation.

Just got married on 09th March.

Date of Invitation : 23rd Jan
AOR : 1st Feb
Medical Passed : 17th March
Ghost Update : 18th March
Background check in progress
CEC Inland

Have notified CIC about change marital status yesterday. They emailed back congratulating and said have notified the concerned office who will get in touch with me regarding what all documents is needed of Wife. I have got wifes upfront medical and PCC ready just waiting for the marriage certificate.

Not Sure what will be my timeline now as I assume I am at IP2.

Experts please suggest.

Thank You! :)

SKB_123

Nov 16, 2018
Hi @SKB_123 ,

CEC Inland

Have notified CIC about change marital status yesterday. They emailed back congratulating and said have notified the concerned office who will get in touch with me regarding what all documents is needed of Wife. I have got wifes upfront medical and PCC ready just waiting for the marriage certificate.

Experts please suggest.

Many Congratulations to you ! I am sure you must have done the medicals from the panel of physicians for your wife, but don't they ask for any document ? i heard that medical reports are directly sent to CIC from the panel physicians so was just wondering where do they send it , to your application ?

Also, please share list of documents that CIC requires from you when you receive their email. Hope its quick and you both get PR soon!

Bunny Thapar

Jun 27, 2017
Visa Office......
Montreal
@SKB_123 ....

Thanks for your wishes.

Below is the request letter I got from CIC :

We have begun processing your application for permanent residence, and in order to make a decision we require the following information/documents for your dependent spouse:
Passport/Travel Document: A copy of a valid passport or travel document.
Proof of Relationship: Document(s) proving your relationship with your inviter/family member (for example: photos, correspondence, etc.).
Client Information: A completed IMM5285 Spouse/Common-law Questionnaire.
Schedule A: A separate and newly completed Schedule A Background Declaration form (IMM 5669) bearing an original signature .
IMM5562: A completed Travel History Form. This form can be found on our website through the following link: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides.html
Additional Family Info IMM5406: A separate and newly completed Additional Family Information form (IMM5406) bearing original signatures.
IMM 0008 Application: A completed Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008).
Payment Receipt: A payment receipt for the $550 processing fee.
Police Certificate: From each country/state where the residence period has been six months or longer since the age of 18, provide an original police clearance certificate.
Marriage Certificate / Licence: Marriage/certificate(s): A marriage certificate.
This must be received at this office by: 2019/05/28.

Thanks!

SKB_123

Nov 16, 2018
@SKB_123 ....

Thanks for your wishes.

Below is the request letter I got from CIC :

We have begun processing your application for permanent residence, and in order to make a decision we require the following information/documents for your dependent spouse:
Passport/Travel Document: A copy of a valid passport or travel document.
Proof of Relationship: Document(s) proving your relationship with your inviter/family member (for example: photos, correspondence, etc.).
Client Information: A completed IMM5285 Spouse/Common-law Questionnaire.
Schedule A: A separate and newly completed Schedule A Background Declaration form (IMM 5669) bearing an original signature .
IMM5562: A completed Travel History Form. This form can be found on our website through the following link: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides.html
Additional Family Info IMM5406: A separate and newly completed Additional Family Information form (IMM5406) bearing original signatures.
IMM 0008 Application: A completed Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008).
Payment Receipt: A payment receipt for the $550 processing fee.
Police Certificate: From each country/state where the residence period has been six months or longer since the age of 18, provide an original police clearance certificate.
Marriage Certificate / Licence: Marriage/certificate(s): A marriage certificate.
This must be received at this office by: 2019/05/28.

Thanks!
That's quite detailed reply from cic. And you have got more than 30 days to submit which is great. I wish you all the best! Hope you get your and your spouses' pr soon. Update here (if possible) when you receive copr! I will get an idea about the timeline. Cheers

ag141141

May 23, 2015
Hi @SKB_123 ,

CEC Inland

Experts please suggest.

Can you tell what happened with you?

maulin_patel

Apr 9, 2015
What is your status now
Hi @SKB_123 ,

CEC Inland

Experts please suggest.

dp214

Jul 7, 2022
Can anyone please send me the structure for adding spouse in the ongoing pr application.
thanks in advance

Max Patel

Nov 16, 2022
Hello

My application is still in process. I informed IRCC through webform and they send me forms. This are the forms IMM0008enu, IMM5669e, IMM008depe, IMM5406e.

After submitting my all the required documents IRCC open drop box for my marriage certificate in my profile. Since then there is no update in my PR file.

Thanks

Max Patel

Nov 16, 2022
Hi @SKB_123 ,

CEC Inland

Experts please suggest.

I am in the same boat. Can you please guide me ? Thanks in advance