+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

cbsa vs CIC

cadvis

Star Member
Mar 23, 2013
Well I was there for test Plus document verification few days ago. The lady who was verifying my documents was very nice but she said she has to be give me RQ as I have traveled a lot outside canada. She told me that CIC has no access to CBSA computer. I do understand that privacy around that, but it is weird that if Canadian citizenship works around the number of days present rule, they should have ways to request permission and access that info and save time.

All RQ cases are due to CIC unable to verify certain data. In modern day world this is a lame excuse and partial way of treating people who come here, work hard and contribute to the society..

What is that they expect??? Come to our country on PR, stay in the country jobless and don't travel? Give me a break.

EasyRider

Oct 12, 2008
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CIC updated citizenship application form in around October 2012 to include CBSA consent. You just applied earlier.

cadvis

Star Member
Mar 23, 2013
ok.. that is a good thing they did but it is too late... Canada is a immigrant country and they are not doing this since last year. Also, if they think they are going to give me a RQ, why do they have to call me and give an RQ. RQ should be given to cases that they could not prove the residency requirement via CBSA report. Instead of calling me for the test and give me RQ, they should send me letter with a consent to request CBSA report.. This saves my time and their time..

I have no regrets that they gave me RQ. I am going to submit all the documents to the best of my knowledge. If they are going to delay my application more than year, then I have to think about leaving this country as this is not a good place to live. I feel that I have paid enough taxes and also given back to the society in the last 4 years I am here. So I feel that they should respect me fairly without partiality.

EasyRider

Oct 12, 2008
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Don't try to put much sense into what CIC does. They're uncompetitive government agency, no ombudsman, really.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Unfortunately, the RQ is not just for when they can't verify information. It can be issued just for quality assurance, meaning people who have not left the country in the time period can get it too.

cadvis said:
well, they are going to drive people away who are willing to contribute to their economy.

EasyRider

Oct 12, 2008
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cadvis said:
well, they are going to drive people away who are willing to contribute to their economy.
Seems they don't care. There's a line into this country, so it's a bit like revolving door.

cadvis

Star Member
Mar 23, 2013
SenoritaBella said:
Unfortunately, the RQ is not just for when they can't verify information. It can be issued just for quality assurance, meaning people who have not left the country in the time period can get it too.
i don't see any quality issue in my case, also cannot think of any quality issue they should call the person for test and give RQ. It is just lack of efficiency and inability to verify the very basic info their immigration system is based of.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Quality assurance has nothing to do with you as an applicant. CIC uses it to ensure "program integrity". During processing, sometimes they come across 'ideal' applicants - their application is complete with supporting documents and they meet eligibility requirements, etc. CIC will randomly issue RQ to such applicants, just to "confirm" that they really are for real and that the program is really working as it should.
You may not realise this but may be your answers were not convincing to the officer or they sense nervousness. Anyway, nothing any of us can do about it.

cadvis said:
i don't see any quality issue in my case, also cannot think of any quality issue they should call the person for test and give RQ. It is just lack of efficiency and inability to verify the very basic info their immigration system is based of.

cadvis

Star Member
Mar 23, 2013
Just to let you know there is no integrity in their process. My RQ was based on my frequent travels to US and they are unable to verify that I met the required number of days. The lady who spoke with me that is what she told. It is just the lack of their inefficiency to track this and make it easy on people.

canuckoz

Feb 21, 2013
cadvis said:
Just to let you know there is no integrity in their process. My RQ was based on my frequent travels to US and they are unable to verify that I met the required number of days. The lady who spoke with me that is what she told. It is just the lack of their inefficiency to track this and make it easy on people.
agreed. the lack of system integration is reminiscent of the Third World.

on-hold

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2010
I have to disagree . . . You say that they were unable to verify whether you met the requirements (because of frequent travel) -- so they RQed you. That seems quite efficient to me, frankly, RQ is for determining uncertain cases.

As for leaving Canada out of pique because your case is being reviewed for accuracy, that seems to indicate a fairly weak commitment to the country in the first place. Outside of travel and voting, there's not much difference between a P.R. and a citizen; and you don't seem to have trouble traveling. What's another year?

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cadvis said:
How many days of physical presence did you declare in the 4 years prior to the application date and did the stamps in your passport correspond with entries/ exits?

In regards to tracking the burden/ onus is on the applicant - CIC need to resolve this though and in the recent past do track entries effectively...exits remain an issue primarily due to the volume of land traffic crossing to the US.

cadvis

Star Member
Mar 23, 2013
on-hold said:
I have to disagree . . . You say that they were unable to verify whether you met the requirements (because of frequent travel) -- so they RQed you. That seems quite efficient to me, frankly, RQ is for determining uncertain cases.

As for leaving Canada out of pique because your case is being reviewed for accuracy, that seems to indicate a fairly weak commitment to the country in the first place. Outside of travel and voting, there's not much difference between a P.R. and a citizen; and you don't seem to have trouble traveling. What's another year?
owning a home here, life insurance policies, car, donation to local charity, local business and family members living in Canada and never left etc... don't you think it proves some commitment to stay in this country? I know they will reject me as my passport is filled with stamps and visa's. It is just the nature of my business.