+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

cbsa report

ash369

Feb 24, 2013
write to the following address asking for your 'travel history record' since (the year). No fee required.

CBSA
410 Laurier Ave W.
10th Floor,
Ottawa K1A 0L8

Mary Chad

Jan 24, 2012
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
moti said:
Thanks Ash :) Is there any form or I should just write a letter ?
1. For CBSA i faxed request letter(below) with copy of my Pr card and Passport information page,

Sample

Canada Border Services Agency
Access to Information and Privacy Coordinator
410 Laurier Avenue West, 11th Floor
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 0L8
613-957-6408

Dear ATIP Coordinator:

Pursuant to the Privacy Act, R.S.C. 1985 c. P-21, i seek access to and copies of traveler history for myself.

I am permanent resident of Canada currently present in Canada. I wish to receive copies of the records and request to examine the information as-is i do not require translation.

To assist with your search for these records, I am providing the following additional information about myself:

Full Name: ******
Date Birth: ******
Country of Citizenship: *****
Travel Document Type: Passport
Travel Document Number: ******
Permanent Resident ID number: ******
I authorize and consent to the disclosure of my personal information to myself.

_________________________(Signature)--Very important to sign this doc
Dated: ******* (Also a MUST)
Your Address *****
Your Contact: *****
Work No: ******

Flaykee

Feb 2, 2013
I think there might be some good news for CBSA reports.

Emailed the request in on February 4, 2013 and we received it today, but the envelope was postmarked February 22, 2013. Mail takes a long time to reach us here ::)

We were informed by their office that they are working at getting the reports out faster. Hubby's request was made under the privacy act, not the freedom of information route.

With all the information we've been gathering, it's a hard lesson learned - hold tight to all passports, expired as well! I believe I accidently threw my husbands old passport out when I did a major clean up :(

He has his test on March 6 and was scheduled for the oath on March 7 but we won't know if he can take the oath until he gets there and sees if they accept the supporting documents. The pile of information we have is about 2 inches high!

Best of luck to you!

Mary Chad

Jan 24, 2012
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
goodsense said:
Hi Mary,

Have you applied for a CBP report as well?

Please share how. Thanks.
Yes i did, and submitted with my RQ please check my above post i went for under privacy act..took 4 weeks for me.

@Flaykee Thank you for the update :)...Keep us posted about the test.

Flaykee

Feb 2, 2013
Mary Chad: You have been a wealth of information on this forum. Thank you so much!

It was reading your posts and seeking information on what to do when we realized that the expired passport was missing, that I was able to get the information for supporting documents. He might still face an RQ but at least, with what you've shared, we have already received some vital reports. I've sent away for the OHIP reports as well (again, based on the information you provided)

Thank you!

cancitz

Feb 21, 2013
Hi Mary,
Thanks for all valuable information on this forum.

I got RQ on Feb 28th. I have so far:

1) Sent letter for OHIP records
2) Asked for CBSA report (faxed and sent letter by mail)

For citizenship files record using ATIP, is it ok to ask for now or its too early?

I want to see if I can find as why I got RQ and not sure if my file might have been updated by now, any guess?

Regards

Mary Chad

Jan 24, 2012
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@Flaykee I wish you all the luck :) keep us posted on the status...

@cancitz Rajiv its way to early, First send your RQ response then wait 2-3 months, you will get better idea about
case status, Or if you just want to know the reason, select ATIP electronic files only, usually they have reason in
notes.

Flaykee

Feb 2, 2013
Hubby passed his test and took is Oath of Citizenship the following day. He is now a Canadian Citizen.

The interview with the Citizenship Officer and the documents we provided were so important but the CBSA report was crucial.

Best of luck to you all.

Mary Chad

Jan 24, 2012
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Flaykee said:
Hubby passed his test and took is Oath of Citizenship the following day. He is now a Canadian Citizen.

The interview with the Citizenship Officer and the documents we provided were so important but the CBSA report was crucial.

Best of luck to you all.
congrats Flaykee:)

moti

Oct 24, 2012
Hi Cansitz,

What is the fax number for CBSA ??

How and where to apply for OHIP records ?? I know that I can find these things online,but at this time my brain is not working at all,so looking for help.

Thanks