+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CBSA RECORD

turboracer

Jul 20, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can I request CBSA record for the last 4 years or it has to be 7 years ?

blueshirt

Apr 28, 2014
its neither 4 or 7. I saw one of my friends acquiring CBSA record and he said he got it by default for 14 years( 2000 to 2014). that's strange but I trust his words.

poushi24

Star Member
Sep 12, 2014
turboracer said:
Can I request CBSA record for the last 4 years or it has to be 7 years ?
You can request that. I did request for 4 years and they have sent me record for four years I have requested

ankj

Sep 27, 2010
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do you need these records before hand or if the judge ask for it then only you need it?

How much you have to pay?

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
ankj said:
Do you need these records before hand or if the judge ask for it then only you need it?

CBSA records are only required if CIC asks for it. When you fill application form, you check the box to authorize CIC to collect records from CBSA on your behalf. If you don't check the box and select No, then it may delay your application and then you might have to send CBSA records.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
ankj said:
I selected yes so does that mean I should fine.

Why someone will select No?
You would be fine if you have selected Yes.

I don't know why people would select "No", I have absolutely no idea why people will select No. If they do, their application will be delayed and other issues may arise

otown87

Oct 24, 2014
ankj said:

You don't need them if you said "yes" on your application.

You don't pay anything for them. When I requested them, I specified the time frame(4 years) I was asking them for and that is exactly what they sent me.

Also, it takes up 2-3 months or more for CBSA to process your requests and send the record to you. So IF you plan on getting them, consider the processing time. The reason i asked for them was because I had multiple trips to US during the 4 years before I signed my application. And I did not remember all of them, so I asked for the record just to be safe. Also the record only indicates the date and time you ENTER canada. They do not contain the date you left Canada.