+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CBSA entry record missing an entry

Junko_spud

Oct 12, 2015
I applied for my CBSA entry/exit record in preparation for my citizenship application - which has already been sent off around 3 weeks ago. (I know IRCC will request these themselves) but I wanted to double check.

One of my entries via land border is not listed although the exit 2 days prior is. I94 record doesnt give me the information on the departure either but i have just requested FOIA for exits and entries from CBP.

The next entry into Canada is just under 2 months later and the exit from Canada is 2 days prior to this entry so it doesn't match up properly

I have written to the officer handling my information request about this.

Evidence i have to support that I came back to Canada on the date mentioned is:

- Payslip for that period showing no vacation was taken (I travelled to the USA from Friday until Sunday)
- Debit card Transaction in Canada for the day after I arrived back in the country
- My COPR lists the missing entry as above as my last entry into Canada.
- I have evidence to show I was in Canada within the two months between the missing entry and the entry 2 months later - such as my internal PR landing (COPR) and my receipt from Canada post showing the date I sent my PR documentation off (request for passport copy etc).

I don't know if anyone else has come across this but I want to make sure I have the evidence to support my time in the country in case they question it

robinhood_1984

Jan 22, 2018
I have at least 15 such cases of missing entries to Canada in my CBSA records. I'm a truck driver and had over 270 border crossings in my 5 year period. I'm not worried too much about it, I can hardly be held accountable for CBSA's failure to record my return properly. I have all my drivers log books with border crossings recorded.

I have my test and interview next week so we'll see if they say anything about it. But like I say, my job is to drive a truck and hand my PR card to the border guard, its his or her job to scan it in to the system and I can't know if they've done it correctly or not at the time.

Junko_spud

Oct 12, 2015
I have at least 15 such cases of missing entries to Canada in my CBSA records. I'm a truck driver and had over 270 border crossings in my 5 year period. I'm not worried too much about it, I can hardly be held accountable for CBSA's failure to record my return properly. I have all my drivers log books with border crossings recorded.

I have my test and interview next week so we'll see if they say anything about it. But like I say, my job is to drive a truck and hand my PR card to the border guard, its his or her job to scan it in to the system and I can't know if they've done it correctly or not at the time.

Thank you for replying. When searching the forum, I did see one of your post about missing entries as a truck driver.

I agree that it is CBSA’s fault and I have evidence to back up that I was back in the country the next week.

I’m sure if they were that concerned the wound have asked for extra information by now. Good luck with your interview, please do let me know if anything is said about your missing CBSA entries

robinhood_1984

Jan 22, 2018
Thank you for replying. When searching the forum, I did see one of your post about missing entries as a truck driver.

I agree that it is CBSA’s fault and I have evidence to back up that I was back in the country the next week.

I’m sure if they were that concerned the wound have asked for extra information by now. Good luck with your interview, please do let me know if anything is said about your missing CBSA entries
I just received my US FOIA records this week and even they have missing entries, 10 in their case which means according to their records, 17 days worth of absences never happened. Of course I know they did and have my drivers logs to prove it. I have a 300+ day leeway anyway so hopefully they won't even mention it but I'll be ready with a huge bag full of five years worth of drivers logs if they do. The last thing I want is for them to assume I don't know what I'm talking about and that my physical presence calculator isn't 100% accurate, which it is, I spent a huge amount of time and effort making sure.

I'll report back after my test and interview on Wednesday and let you know what was said, if anything.

Junko_spud

Oct 12, 2015
I just received my US FOIA records this week and even they have missing entries, 10 in their case which means according to their records, 17 days worth of absences never happened. Of course I know they did and have my drivers logs to prove it. I have a 300+ day leeway anyway so hopefully they won't even mention it but I'll be ready with a huge bag full of five years worth of drivers logs if they do. The last thing I want is for them to assume I don't know what I'm talking about and that my physical presence calculator isn't 100% accurate, which it is, I spent a huge amount of time and effort making sure.

I'll report back after my test and interview on Wednesday and let you know what was said, if anything.
How did the interview go btw?

CBSA got back to me a few weeks ago and requested I fill in a form to change my record. I sent it back the same day along with proof of my COPR and a bank statement showing a debit transaction made in Canada the day after I came back - haven’t heard anything yet though

robinhood_1984

Jan 22, 2018
How did the interview go btw?

CBSA got back to me a few weeks ago and requested I fill in a form to change my record. I sent it back the same day along with proof of my COPR and a bank statement showing a debit transaction made in Canada the day after I came back - haven’t heard anything yet though
The interview went very well. The officer commented that my physical presence calculator was the longest that she had ever seen and asked a few questions about how I kept track of my dates etc. I showed her a big bag I brought with me that contained 5 years worth of log books, I said I also had a spread sheet that I used for renewing the PR card and kept a diary of my personal crossings in the car. She said that I'd obviously put a lot of time and effort in to it and that she was impressed with it. She just checked one passport stamp against my physical presence calculator and said she was more than satisfied and that was that.

The next day my status went to Decision Made.

Junko_spud

Oct 12, 2015
The interview went very well. The officer commented that my physical presence calculator was the longest that she had ever seen and asked a few questions about how I kept track of my dates etc. I showed her a big bag I brought with me that contained 5 years worth of log books, I said I also had a spread sheet that I used for renewing the PR card and kept a diary of my personal crossings in the car. She said that I'd obviously put a lot of time and effort in to it and that she was impressed with it. She just checked one passport stamp against my physical presence calculator and said she was more than satisfied and that was that.

The next day my status went to Decision Made.

Congrats!!!

I have a spreadsheet as well so I’m guessing if it worked for you, it might work for me.

CBSA wrote back and refused to add the date I entered Canada in 2016 despite sending proof so all I can do is show the proof to IRCC if they ask for it and also know that CBSA have added a notation to my record requesting the entry...

That means when IRCC request my entry and exit request, the notation will be available for them to see

robinhood_1984

Jan 22, 2018
Congrats!!!

I have a spreadsheet as well so I’m guessing if it worked for you, it might work for me.

CBSA wrote back and refused to add the date I entered Canada in 2016 despite sending proof so all I can do is show the proof to IRCC if they ask for it and also know that CBSA have added a notation to my record requesting the entry...

That means when IRCC request my entry and exit request, the notation will be available for them to see
Many thanks!

You may well find that IRCC haven't looked all that deeply in to your physical presence. In my case they didn't mention the missing entries, if she was aware of them, she certainly wasn't bothered and as always with these things, don't venture information unless asked. The last thing you want to do is go in there and tell them all about the missing entry and make them concerned and decide to look in to things more themselves.

So long as you've been accurate with your dates and can tell them how you were able to be accurate, ie they like to hear that you've kept a written record etc, I'm sure you'll be fine and say nothing about missing entries unless they actually ask about it, which in my case they did not.

Do you have a test/interview date yet?

Junko_spud

Oct 12, 2015
Many thanks!

You may well find that IRCC haven't looked all that deeply in to your physical presence. In my case they didn't mention the missing entries, if she was aware of them, she certainly wasn't bothered and as always with these things, don't venture information unless asked. The last thing you want to do is go in there and tell them all about the missing entry and make them concerned and decide to look in to things more themselves.

So long as you've been accurate with your dates and can tell them how you were able to be accurate, ie they like to hear that you've kept a written record etc, I'm sure you'll be fine and say nothing about missing entries unless they actually ask about it, which in my case they did not.

Do you have a test/interview date yet?

Oh no, I only sent my application off in October, I don’t even have an acknowledgement yet. I just wanted my exits and entries to double check everything and I’m glad I did.

I agree not mentioning anything unless asked specifically.

Junko_spud

Oct 12, 2015
Update:

Had my test + interview this week. The missing entry was not discussed. My passport was checked and officer made a comment that I had a lot of travel to the USA but I explained the situation and showed them the document/spreadsheet I used to show my travel date.

I got DM today and am now awaiting an oath date