Med's Done....
Feb 20, 2017
Passport Req..
Mar 20, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 24, 2017
LANDED..........
Apr 23, 2017
I know there are exceptions always (the people in the article are refugees without any passports), but for majority of regular candidates, this delay is not the end of the world by any means. We all have PR, we are not on a clock, and PR renewals are still happening in case your card expires.

In terms of prioritization for IRCC, I can imagine why they are focused on more critical issues at this point.

Spielo

Star Member
May 21, 2016
I know there are exceptions always (the people in the article are refugees without any passports), but for majority of regular candidates, this delay is not the end of the world by any means. We all have PR, we are not on a clock, and PR renewals are still happening in case your card expires.

In terms of prioritization for IRCC, I can imagine why they are focused on more critical issues at this point.
The entire future of my career depends on citizenship, so actually I'd like to have it sorted out ASAP. Especially given that the citizenship test is an utterly pointless political football designed to appease racists, and the ceremony and the ridiculous "oath" where we have to swear fealty to an old woman in a different country are entirely idiotic and completely unnecessary.

If the government had any commitment to logic (ha!) they would scrap both tests and oaths immediately. If you've already met the language requirements, being forced to take a pub quiz about canada and being forced to say nice things about the antidemocratic anachronism that is the monarchy is just insulting.

issteven

Jan 2, 2014
The entire future of my career depends on citizenship, so actually I'd like to have it sorted out ASAP. Especially given that the citizenship test is an utterly pointless political football designed to appease racists, and the ceremony and the ridiculous "oath" where we have to swear fealty to an old woman in a different country are entirely idiotic and completely unnecessary.

If the government had any commitment to logic (ha!) they would scrap both tests and oaths immediately. If you've already met the language requirements, being forced to take a pub quiz about canada and being forced to say nice things about the antidemocratic anachronism that is the monarchy is just insulting.
what do you mean by your entire career depends on citizenship? does citizenship give your extra skills? or you just want to leave Canada

Spielo

Star Member
May 21, 2016
what do you mean by your entire career depends on citizenship? does citizenship give your extra skills? or you just want to leave Canada
I have a job lined up which requires citizenship to be eligible. My career development is on hold until I receive citizenship.

duckduckgoose

Star Member
Jul 4, 2020
in this case, you could provide your offer letter to IRCC to expedite processing:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/apply/urgently.html

have you tried that?
I had tried that, they said no dice with tests halted. I even wrote to my MP and submitted proof. This was back in August/September so maybe now there is an online test pilot since some people on Facebook have said so. Unfortunately I lost that job opportunity, offer expired so its now too late for me.

piotrqc

Aug 10, 2020
I had tried that, they said no dice with tests halted. I even wrote to my MP and submitted proof. This was back in August/September so maybe now there is an online test pilot since some people on Facebook have said so. Unfortunately I lost that job opportunity, offer expired so its now too late for me.
Fake confirmed.

O'canada

Oct 21, 2020
Something better waiting for you ..Dont worry. Hopefully soon...and keep moving

BOYX

May 5, 2017
Toronto, ON

wow couldn't have said it any better. To add to your point, 98% of citizenship applications get approved. I am willing to bet that the 2% which don't are not related to the test. It's honestly shocking that this stupid test is the reason why people's lives are on hold.