File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
There is so much to sift through it is so overwhe,ming I can't figure out anything. Hence why I started here.
Your questions are extremely basic. Honestly, you either need to do extensive additional research yourself or hire a lawyer. Based on the questions you are asking and the fact you've already said you don't like research, you need to hire a lawyer.

Asking basic questions here isn't going to move things forward for you. No one here is going to spoon feed you to this level. If you need this level of spoon feeding, then you don't want it bad enough and should drop your plans to move to Canada (or again, hire a lawyer).

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
There is so much to sift through it is so overwhe,ming I can't figure out anything. Hence why I started here.
Realistically moving to Canada permanently at 51 will be very difficult without having a job in advance. You also won’t work long enough to qualify for things like a full pension which isn’t really enough to live on anyway. You need to examine your retirement situation before even considering moving. If you own a home does it make sense to sell at this point and will you be able to get onto the property ladder in Canada? Canada’s immigration system is geared towards young people. Most employers are ageist whether in Canada or the US so getting a job in Canada may be difficult. Does it make sense to leave your current job and stability?

nkace

Oct 17, 2022
Boston, MA
Your questions are extremely basic. Honestly, you either need to do extensive additional research yourself or hire a lawyer. Based on the questions you are asking and the fact you've already said you don't like research, you need to hire a lawyer.

Asking basic questions here isn't going to move things forward for you. No one here is going to spoon feed you to this level. If you need this level of spoon feeding, then you don't want it bad enough and should drop your plans to move to Canada (or again, hire a lawyer).
So the forum is not for basic questions but for people in the process already? tell me where I need to go to understand this.

nkace

Oct 17, 2022
Boston, MA
Realistically moving to Canada permanently at 51 will be very difficult without having a job in advance. You also won’t work long enough to qualify for things like a full pension which isn’t really enough to live on anyway. You need to examine your retirement situation before even considering moving. If you own a home does it make sense to sell at this point and will you be able to get onto the property ladder in Canada? Canada’s immigration system is geared towards young people. Most employers are ageist whether in Canada or the US so getting a job in Canada may be difficult. Does it make sense to leave your current job and stability?
Well, if I did have a remote job, it still would be difficult.
Pension? Nobody has a pension in the US unless you are a union worker.
Thankfully I don't own anything & don't have any debt.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
So the forum is not for basic questions but for people in the process already? tell me where I need to go to understand this.
It's for people who are doing it themselves. Doing it yourself requires some level of research and time spent understanding how Canadian immigration processes work.

You can of course ignore this advice. However as I think you've already seen, people are losing patience with you and will stop answering your questions pretty quickly. I'm at that point now.

D

Deleted member 1083629

I wish there was a guide that you could get which lists all the different steps.
There is. It's called canada.ca immigration. You go through different options, pick the one you want to, look at requirements, etc.

TBH, I think your best bet is to get a lawyer and get 30 minutes consultation with him to discuss the options. Cohen immigration law is one of those law firms but please don't ask me how to contact him or how much it costs. You can do that by yourself, right?

Reactions: Taran D and scylla

nkace

Oct 17, 2022
Boston, MA
There is. It's called canada.ca immigration. You go through different options, pick the one you want to, look at requirements, etc.

TBH, I think your best bet is to get a lawyer and get 30 minutes consultation with him to discuss the options. Cohen immigration law is one of those law firms but please don't ask me how to contact him or how much it costs. You can do that by yourself, right?
Ok, gotcha.

nkace

Oct 17, 2022
Boston, MA
It's for people who are doing it themselves. Doing it yourself requires some level of research and time spent understanding how Canadian immigration processes work.

You can of course ignore this advice. However as I think you've already seen, people are losing patience with you and will stop answering your questions pretty quickly. I'm at that point now.
I guess I needed to know where & how, etc. & it's too much to figure out.