File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
So you have to work for an international company or megacorp then that would actually allow/pay for that. I do not qualify for express entry. PNP?
Not sure I understand what you mean by invest funds in Canada business.
I have no interest in going back to school or paying for it either.
It's not incorrect, it's just extremely difficult to actually try to get a job or move there.
You don't have to work for an international company or megacorp to get a work permit. That only applies for ICT work permits. People still manage to get work permits by finding employers in Canada and securing job offers without working for those employers outside of Canada.

Ultimately it comes down to how badly you want this based on the options available to you. Your call what you do or don't do. If all of this is too difficult for you, then it sounds like you've made your decision and Canada isn't for you.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
So immigration lawyer makes the most sense to do then?
If you're not willing to do the research on the programs yourself, then yes. It seems you keep posting questions without doing any real research yourself, so lawyer is your best option.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Doesn't show up. So what does CUSMA have to do w/ it?
I really think you'd be best off hiring a lawyer. Without a lawyer, you need to do all of this research yourself.

D

Deleted member 1083629

Well many countries are dealing w/ inflation/recession. I know it's not in demand hence the issue of not having any special skills like Canada wants. So people aren't paid enough yet the cost of living is really high?
I haven't had roommates since college & would never go back to that.
Europe is an ocean away. What is LATAM?
Sure. Many countries do deal with inflation and recession. And how wise is it to immigrate right now? Again, your best option is to get an employer to sponsor your work visa. I would imagine that as an American you will have some advantages.

So people aren't paid enough yet the cost of living is really high?
You don't know much about Canada, huh?

I haven't had roommates since college & would never go back to that.
And that's why I am asking; how wise is it to immigrate to a country where you will face a fierce competition for a job? Many have roommates until they get a better paying job.

Europe is an ocean away. What is LATAM?
You can Google this info, right? LATAM is not a hard acronym to find and stands for Latin America.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 1083629

So you have to work for an international company or megacorp then that would actually allow/pay for that. I do not qualify for express entry. PNP?
It's definitely easier to move to Canada if you work at international company with the office presence in Canada. In that case, you go through internal transfer.

Not sure I understand what you mean by invest funds in Canada business.
He means that you put some money in Canadian business. Pretty clear, no?

D

Deleted member 1083629

So how much does that cost? HOw do you determine a reliable one?
You can reach out to Cohen immigration law. They are the ones who run this forum/website.

Prices can vary. In your case, I believe all you need is 1 hr consultation to evaluate your options.

D

Deleted member 1083629

Gotcha, I hate research.
So you want to immigrate to another country, find a job in recession in a market that is smaller than the one in the USA and much more competitive and you cannot be bothered to do research? Did you imagine that this whole journey would be like jumping on a plane and just landing in a different country?

nkace

Oct 17, 2022
Boston, MA
Your best bet is to find a job that can transfer you to Canada. Your second best option is to find an employer that is willing to bring you to Canada through work. Your third option is to do research and see if there is any agreements between the US and Canada like TN visa that can help you.
Most employers will not do that unless for a reason that benefits them bringing me there means wring for a Canadian co.
Agreement for what? What is TN visa?

nkace

Oct 17, 2022
Boston, MA
So you want to immigrate to another country, find a job in recession in a market that is smaller than the one in the USA and much more competitive and you cannot be bothered to do research? Did you imagine that this whole journey would be like jumping on a plane and just landing in a different country?
There is so much to sift through it is so overwhe,ming I can't figure out anything. Hence why I started here.

D

Deleted member 1083629

There is so much to sift through it is so overwhe,ming I can't figure out anything. Hence why I started here.
Yes, immigration is not an easy process. It takes a lot of money, time and effort to move to a different country.