+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Case specific form:

inabsentia2

Sep 7, 2018
Yeah but I got my PR in less then 5 years like it’s not October yet. Anyways would it be a problem, like would they return the application it’s just a minor mistake??
I have no idea, but what you wrote isn't accurate if you wrote June 2013 and weren't PR status then. It should start from whenever you got your PR if it's less than 5 years. You can write to them and clarify when your application is received.

Rehman48

Sep 12, 2018
Could you please tell me how I get them?? And what’s the extension to that after dialing CIC number?? If I clarify my mistake to them while they’ve received it, should it be a problem?? Like if I tell them before they start to process?? One more thing I sent my application two weeks back but it doesn’t show anything like received or something, whenever I login that’s what it says.

We were not able to identify you using the information you provided And etc etc,,,

inabsentia2

Sep 7, 2018
and Again it should be first of October 2013?? coz that’s was the date I got my PR.
They won't even touch your application or keep a note if you tell them before your application isn't in process. It will take 3 months for them to pick up your application.

Rehman48

Sep 12, 2018
Okay so when is the best time to clarify them, first week of December/or in process duration??because I submitted my application on 3rd of September.

Rehman48

Sep 12, 2018
Do I have to call them while the application is in process or do I have to do write the webform?? How long it would take them to see the webform???

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
address history in FROM section, i should have wrote the date I got my PR card which was less then 5 years which was 1 October 2013. But instead of writing 1October 2013, I wrote 22 July 2013 from feb2014, I because for a second I though that they are asking for the date we moved in that house. But that’s the only part which was wrong, Is it going to create trouble for me???
Anyways would it be a problem, like would they return the application it’s just a minor mistake?? Can I use webform to inform IRCC when my application is processed after 3 months?

Plus I do complete 1300 residency days

I submitted my application two weeks ago.
I do not quite get what you did, but I can offer some observations:

OVERALL: If you are currently in Canada, there should be NOTHING to worry about. You probably just need to wait. Relax and wait. The cake is in the oven. You have been in Canada now for more than two years straight (according to your reporting) and you are thus well in compliance with the PR Residency Obligation. Odds are all is well. Worst case scenario is you made some mistakes in the application which could trigger a delay in processing. If so, there is nothing you can do now that will avoid that. But that should just be a matter of time. AND, if as you report, you have been in Canada since the latter part of 2015, and your were established in Canada prior to your absence that year, there really should be NO PROBLEM. IRCC can and often does sort out applicant mistakes. IRCC is far more competent and efficient, even when dealing with not-so-competent clients, than many give them credit.

Beyond that:

Inaccurate information does not ordinarily result in the return of an application. Of course inaccurate information can affect IRCC's perception of the individual's credibility (credibility being about how reliable a person's reporting of fact is, and of course inaccurate reporting of facts indicates the individual is, at least to some degree, not a reliable reporter of facts). And compromised credibility can be problematic DEPENDING on the nature and extent of inaccuracies . . . while I do not fully understand what you did, it does NOT appear your mistakes will be a problem.

Gaps in information can result in the return of an application. To what extent a gap in address history might cause IRCC to return the application, I do not know. My sense, just a bit stronger than a guess, is that a gap of months in the address history probably will not cause IRCC to return the application. But I do not know this.

As best I can sort out your query, it appears you applied recently and you entered some inaccurate information about your address history . . . AND this possibly also resulted in a gap in address history? It is not clear to me . . . but it appears that at most this was about a period of time before, or ending, by February 2014 . . . whereas you have been continually in Canada for more than two years recently, and well over half the time overall, so there should be no serious problems or issues with your PR card application.

Additional observations: date on the PR card is not relevant. Date you actually landed is. That now appears to have been more than five years ago, so even that has minimal relevance now (it is relevant for other things, like calculating Old Age Security benefits when you approach my age).

You do not need to have a valid PR card as long as you are still in Canada. You are not applying to renew PR. PR status continues regardless. You only need a new PR card when you are abroad and boarding a flight to come back to Canada.

If you have been physically present in Canada for more than 1300 days during the last five years, you are probably eligible for citizenship.

Rehman48

Sep 12, 2018
Thanks you so much for your response SIR/Mam, one last question can I call immigrations after 3 months and clarify my mistake because it says on the website that you can report a change, I’m not sure if they allow us to fix date errors?? Thanks again.

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Thanks you so much for your response SIR/Mam, one last question can I call immigrations after 3 months and clarify my mistake because it says on the website that you can report a change, I’m not sure if they allow us to fix date errors?? Thanks again.
Yes, once your application shows up in eCas and there is a file number, you can contact IRCC (telephone, email, webform, or by physical letter) and inform IRCC of errors in your application, provide corrected information, and explain how or why the errors were made. Be very, very brief in the explanation, to the point of saying little more than "I misunderstood what I needed to enter . . . . " or "I mistakenly entered [xyz] . . . " Avoid elaborating. Avoid explanations going into details about what you were thinking.

Correcting the application could be (perhaps should be) little more than a statement along the lines "I made mistakes entering the information in section xzx. The correct information is . . . " and, as simply and directly as possible, provide the corrected information . . . perhaps simply copy that section of the application and fill it out accurately and submit that. Stay simple. Stay direct. Stay focused on facts.

That said, odds are very high that by the time your application has a file number, by the time you can see your application in eCas, a decision will have already been made: either approving your application and initiating the procedure to issue and deliver your new PR card, or to refer your application for further processing, such as a referral to Secondary Review. Which is to say there is NOT much you can do, if anything, to avoid a referral to SR if the mistakes you made are such that will trigger a referral.

There have been other suggestions, like withdrawing the application. This is NOT likely to help much if at all. The application you submitted is not going away. It will not be erased from the system. Indeed, if on its face it raises significant questions, concerns, or suspicions, the odds are likely IRCC would continue to assess your case and, if circumstances indicate cause, investigate further, and IRCC would most likely continue to do that even if you attempted to withdraw. It may proceed with a PRC application notwithstanding the PR's request to withdraw it.

To be clear, there is nothing you have reported so far which suggests any such problems. The point is that withdrawing an application will NOT stop IRCC from reviewing the one submitted; withdrawing will NOT stop IRCC from pursuing any problems raised by the application.

Moreover, if a PR makes mistakes in an application for a new card which might appear to be deliberate misrepresentation, it would be far better, usually, to acknowledge and correct the errors at the first opportunity to do so. Withdrawing the application might be perceived as evasive and potentially make matters worse.

I cannot offer advice about what you should do. As I have previously noted, just what mistakes you made are not clear to me. Not all mistakes are created equal. Or treated equally. More serious mistakes call for affirmative correction sooner rather than later. Your error does not appear to be that serious BUT again it is not clear to me just what mistakes you made.

However, there is not much you can do until there is a file number for the application already submitted. Hopefully by then there is already a positive decision. (Contrary to what it seems many think, in routine cases the time between opening the PRC application file and a decision is ordinarily all in one sitting; whether it takes a half hour or two hours, most are done in short order.)

Rehman48

Sep 12, 2018
Ok let me be clear to you again precisely, here's the question.

Address history inside and outside Canada.
Your Address History: You must list all the addresses you have lived at, inside and outside Canada for the past five (5) years, or since becoming a permanent resident if less than five (5) years ago. You must account for each month during this time.

Note got my PR in 1-10-2013.

FROM (22-7-2013 ) ( Date when i moved in that house)TO (27-2-2014) and then the address name province name and appartment number.
FROM (28-2-2014) TO (14-7-2016)
FROM (14-7-2016) TO TODAY.

Your Travel History: You must list all your absences from Canada in the last five (5) years, or since becoming a permanent resident if less than five (5) years ago. Fill in the dates of the time that should be assessed.

Period to be assessed:

FROM ( 1-10-2013) TO (BECOMING PR'S DATE) TO (date filling out the application.)

TRAVEL DATE (17-8-2015) FROM (13-11-2015) 87 DAYS

DOCUMENTS INCLUDED: NOTICE OF ASSESSMENT FOR 2 YEARS, SCHOOL TRANSCRIPT, ONE PASSPORT WHICH WAS ISSUED IN AUGUST 2018 BECAUSE THE PREVIOUS ONE I COULDN'T FIND WHICH HAD THE 2015 TRAVEL DATES AND DRIVER'S LICENSE AND BOTH BACK AND FRONT OF PR CARD. AND I'M SURE IMMIGRATIONS WOULD GET MY EXIT FROM CBSA FOR 2015.

SO MY TOTAL DAYS ARE 1,295 WITH OUT INLUCDING THE JUNE-2014 FROM 13-11-2015 BECAUSE AS I MENTIONED EARLIER THAT I DIDNT PROVIDED ANY DOCUMENTS FOR THIS PERIOD BUT AGAIN THE DAYS ARE 1,295. LET ME DO A BREAK DOWN NOW:

SCHOOL TRANSCRIPT GRADE 12.

SEP 2013- JUNE 2014

NOVEMBER 2015 (ENTRY DATE) AFTER LEAVING CANADA IN AUG 2015 FRO VACATION, TILL THE NOTICE OF TAX ASSESSMENT 2016 2017, AND THIS YEAR TILL 4 SEPTEMBER (DATE OF SUBMITTING APPLICATION).

TRIED BE CLEAR AS MUCH AS I COULD. THANKS

Rehman48

Sep 12, 2018
I submitted my PR application by 3 of September, and usually what I see that they receive the application after couple of days. But today I saw that my application was received yesterday. Instead of receiving they should have processed it yet?? Because I see people who applied with me back in September already getting their application in process, don’t know what’s going on?? Now would it take another 100 days to process because back then when I submitted it was 96 days. But why they received so late??