+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Carleton, Brock, MUN, VIU decisions

MiteshS94

Dec 29, 2018
Hello guys,
Does anyone know by when do universities like Carleton, Brock, Memorial Univ of Newfoundland and VIU make their decisions and send it for the fall intake? Its been over a month now since I applied and no response. Also, my cousin who applied for UNBC, Simon Fraser and Regina in December has not received any confirmation yet.

Kenny76

Star Member
Aug 7, 2017
Brock was suppose to send the offers from 15th March but nothing yet. Sent a mail to Susan also but no reply. She usually is very prompt in replying. Which course in Brock you applied for?

MiteshS94

Dec 29, 2018
It is still quite early for Fall 2019.

Avoid VIU. Would suggest Carleton 1st, MUN 2nd and Brock tied.
So, what would be the approximate time for them to let us know? I heard quite good reviews about VIU here. Now, I need to rethink again, I guess.

Kenny76

Star Member
Aug 7, 2017
I didn't knew they had interviews. Do they have it for all courses? I submitted only my application and so far no response from them.
Yeah, there was an interview. As per interviewer she took interview of an MBA candidate from INDIA before talking to us. I am not sure if they take interview of all the candidates.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
So, what would be the approximate time for them to let us know? I heard quite good reviews about VIU here. Now, I need to rethink again, I guess.

VIU seems to cater to international students. Does it require GMAT? It isn't well known by employers like other universities.

MiteshS94

Dec 29, 2018
VIU seems to cater to international students. Does it require GMAT? It isn't well known by employers like other universities.
No. It does not require GMAT. I heard totally the opposite of what you said on this forum itself that VIU is quite well known among the interviewers and that adds a plus point for placements.

MiteshS94

Dec 29, 2018
Yeah, there was an interview. As per interviewer she took interview of an MBA candidate from INDIA before talking to us. I am not sure if they take interview of all the candidates.
Cool. How much time did it take for them to contact you after you had submitted your application?

2b.or.not.2b

Dec 3, 2018
The main grouse against VIU is that it caters to international students. Can someone show me a University or a college in Canada that doesn't or does not wish to.
International students bring a lot of talent and ideas on board and this leads to an atmosphere where you can learn much more. If the term international student is being used as an euphemism for Indian or Chinese students then my friend I would request you to look very carefully at the organisational structure of top or upcoming companies you will find us international students who have contributed or contributing to its rise.
Coming to VIU it is an institution that is gaining in recognition and reputation compared to some that are content to rest on their laurels. Agreed that it may not be an Ivy league institution but it will eventually get there.

Kenny76

Star Member
Aug 7, 2017
Cool. How much time did it take for them to contact you after you had submitted your application?
I think after the deadline, 15 days. I am not sure though. Its my wife who applied for M.ed(ISP). Will check and let you know. Did you submit your application through online portal? What status it displays there. I read a comment on FB about they not replying and stuff. I think Unis should at least tell the candidate whether accepted or rejected. My wife is going crazy here. She really liked the university and program.

MiteshS94

Dec 29, 2018
The main grouse against VIU is that it caters to international students. Can someone show me a University or a college in Canada that doesn't or does not wish to.
International students bring a lot of talent and ideas on board and this leads to an atmosphere where you can learn much more. If the term international student is being used as an euphemism for Indian or Chinese students then my friend I would request you to look very carefully at the organisational structure of top or upcoming companies you will find us international students who have contributed or contributing to its rise.
Coming to VIU it is an institution that is gaining in recognition and reputation compared to some that are content to rest on their laurels. Agreed that it may not be an Ivy league institution but it will eventually get there.
I couldn't agree with you more.