+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Carleton, Brock, MUN, VIU decisions

MiteshS94

Dec 29, 2018
I am a current student at VIU and much better placed to comment rather than someone who is relying on third party feedbacks. I have been to many interviews and never was my qualification ever disregarded or questioned. I stumbled upon this forum while seeking advice regarding my parents TRV process and have since realised that maybe my experience would help someone meaningfully. Most people with negative outcomes or due to their biases post negative feedback rather than facing the reality and to base an opinion on these is wrong. As for this thread end of discussion on my part.
Yeah. Came across something like that. VIU is quite familiar with the interviewing committee than others like RRU and helps them get placed.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am a current student at VIU and much better placed to comment rather than someone who is relying on third party feedbacks. I have been to many interviews and never was my qualification ever disregarded or questioned. I stumbled upon this forum while seeking advice regarding my parents TRV process and have since realised that maybe my experience would help someone meaningfully. Most people with negative outcomes or due to their biases post negative feedback rather than facing the reality and to base an opinion on these is wrong. As for this thread end of discussion on my part.
I have been in the position to hire MBA graduates. Most employers have literally never heard of VIU. I'm not interested I arguing I would just recommend that others consider other programs.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yeah. Came across something like that. VIU is quite familiar with the interviewing committee than others like RRU and helps them get placed.
RRU is in the same list of universities I would avoid. Best to go to larger well known public institutions.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Frankly for us it doesn't really matter. My wife has leadership skills and she already have enough experience. Just because of mind set in INDIA and to save time which is too precious for us at this stage we are looking at a Canadian degree. She is not really looking for a teaching job in Canada and she fully understand that M.ed degree won't make her eligible to work as teacher in Canada. Having said that, she was specially looking for a program where there are enough International participation, that is why Brock was first on her list as she gets to meet people from different nationalities and learn about their school system.

International schools pay almost US, Canada salaries in INDIA so it does not make sense to move to Canada, If you are earning same money here.
Hopefully she gets into Brock. I'd assume practical teaching education is required to be competitive with other teachers applying to work as a teacher especially at international schools where the compensations is much higher. Perhaps she is applying to work at the kindergarten there so already has teaching experience.

Kenny76

Star Member
Aug 7, 2017
Hopefully she gets into Brock. I'd assume practical teaching education is required to be competitive with other teachers applying to work as a teacher especially at international schools where the compensations is much higher. Perhaps she is applying to work at the kindergarten there so already has teaching experience.
She does have a 1 year diploma from a reputed Montessori teaching institute but its no university education. Apart from that she has 10 years of Montessori Teaching experience in a leading school and she is playing leadership role also. International schools usually look for a Masters or Doctorate for positions like vice principals and few certifications from Cambridge etc. Foreign education specially from North American countries add immense value to the CV and gets you shortlisted, rest how you perform in Interview.

Thanks for your wishes for Brock. it is perfect university for us as we have family in Toronto as well as New York so she will have support if need arises. Apart from that I travel to New Jersey quite often so it will be easy for me also to visit her.

Lets see where fate and admission committee takes us :)

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I attended an in
She does have a 1 year diploma from a reputed Montessori teaching institute but its no university education. Apart from that she has 10 years of Montessori Teaching experience in a leading school and she is playing leadership role also. International schools usually look for a Masters or Doctorate for positions like vice principals and few certifications from Cambridge etc. Foreign education specially from North American countries add immense value to the CV and gets you shortlisted, rest how you perform in Interview.

Thanks for your wishes for Brock. it is perfect university for us as we have family in Toronto as well as New York so she will have support if need arises. Apart from that I travel to New Jersey quite often so it will be easy for me also to visit her.

Lets see where fate and admission committee takes us :)

I attended international school and agree that international degree will be appreciated by the school and will impress the parents of the students. Does she have a bachelors degree? You just mention a 1 year Montessori course. Given the current major cut to Ontario education budget maybe the teachers colleges are rethinking their admissions numbers so they aren't adding to the 3000 teachers that may end up on the supply teacher list.

Kenny76

Star Member
Aug 7, 2017
I attended an in

I attended international school and agree that international degree will be appreciated by the school and will impress the parents of the students. Does she have a bachelors degree? You just mention a 1 year Montessori course. Given the current major cut to Ontario education budget maybe the teachers colleges are rethinking their admissions numbers so they aren't adding to the 3000 teachers that may end up on the supply teacher list.

M.ed ISP doesn't lead to teacher qualification in Canada and as of now we are not planning to stay in Canada. She will be back in INDIA after her Masters. I was talking about International School in INDIA

She got accepted in Brock BTW :)

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
M.ed ISP doesn't lead to teacher qualification in Canada and as of now we are not planning to stay in Canada. She will be back in INDIA after her Masters. I was talking about International School in INDIA

She got accepted in Brock BTW :)
Thought she was entering Teachers college at Brock vs M Ed at ViU or TRU which I knew didn't have a teachers college. but yes understood she was referring to an international school in India. Many of the teachers travel to different countries to teach so I know what the schools are looking for and what the parents want in terms of teacher education.

Reactions: Kenny76

Kenny76

Star Member
Aug 7, 2017
Thought she was entering Teachers college at Brock vs M Ed at ViU or TRU which I knew didn't have a teachers college. but yes understood she was referring to an international school in India. Many of the teachers travel to different countries to teach so I know what the schools are looking for and what the parents want in terms of teacher education.

Got it Canuck78,

Lets see what she get when she is back in INDIA (Provided she manage to get the VISA). She has 10 years of experience and is playing a vice-principal kinda role (Unofficially) currently so hoping she will get same but officially after coming back.

Sasin01

Feb 18, 2019
Hi Guys,

Have gone through the reviews for VIU MBA and pretty confused right now since I have got an acceptance and will soon be applying for study permit. However have decided to go forward. Can anyone tell me what are my chances of getting the study permit based on my details. I am 36 and have ben working in the legal department of Auto manufacturing Company and have an exprience of 10 years. I will be on study leave and will be having a letter from my employer to that effect as well. l will be showing funds close to 30 lakhs and have a proprty in mine and my mother's name. Additionally i am also a nominee for the other property. My wife and kid will be staying back in India for the time being and have thought of applying for their visa only after mine is issued.

Thanks
Sasin​

MiteshS94

Dec 29, 2018
Hi Guys,

Have gone through the reviews for VIU MBA and pretty confused right now since I have got an acceptance and will soon be applying for study permit. However have decided to go forward. Can anyone tell me what are my chances of getting the study permit based on my details. I am 36 and have ben working in the legal department of Auto manufacturing Company and have an exprience of 10 years. I will be on study leave and will be having a letter from my employer to that effect as well. l will be showing funds close to 30 lakhs and have a proprty in mine and my mother's name. Additionally i am also a nominee for the other property. My wife and kid will be staying back in India for the time being and have thought of applying for their visa only after mine is issued.

Thanks
Sasin​
Do you plan to return back to India after the completion of the course or do you intend to work in Canada? I have heard bad reviews about VIU not being a familiar name with the interviewers. So, that might be a problem. Also, I heard that VIU has the least number of visa rejections. Did you apply or got accepted anywhere else?

Sasin01

Feb 18, 2019
Yes I got through RRU. dint apply for others since they were looking for GMAT score and I didn't had the time to prepare for that.

MiteshS94

Dec 29, 2018
Yes I got through RRU. dint apply for others since they were looking for GMAT score and I didn't had the time to prepare for that.
Congrats mate. So, why not RRU? Which program by the way? MGM? What are your academic qualifications?

Sasin01

Feb 18, 2019
Confirmation from RRU came 2 days ago, by that time I had already paid my first sem fees for VIU.
I am a law graduate with 10 yrs experience in corporate legal

MiteshS94

Dec 29, 2018
Confirmation from RRU came 2 days ago, by that time I had already paid my first sem fees for VIU.
I am a law graduate with 10 yrs experience in corporate legal
Oh! You can withdraw from VIU if you want and pay the fees in RRU. They might deduct some amount though. For which course did you get accepted in RRU? Are you trying to settle in Canada after that or return to your home country?