+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CARING FOR CHILDREN PATHWAY APPLICANTS LETS CONNECT HERE

mashmae

Oct 11, 2017
Hi,

I’m a newbie here but been following the thread months ago. I just would like to seek advice regarding my case. I am working as LIC and will be able to comply my 2 year fulltime work requirement in July next year. Being told that the fastest way to be a permanent resident is through the new pathway so I’m planning to apply through it. As I am working with children I know I have to apply through the caring for children pathway. The thing is, with the Caring for persons with high medical needs includes NOC 4412 attendant for persons with disabilities at home, and I am working for a family who has children with disability. Will I be able to qualify for the caring for persons with high medical needs (though my work permit is under LIC)? I would want to apply through this pathway (because they said it’s faster than the caring for children) or just through caring for children. I hope someone could help me. Though I have way to go through my contract as LIC, I just want to be prepared. Have a wonderful day everyone!

blackcat82

Sep 11, 2015
Just a quick question, I am submitting my application this week, and I just wanted to know when they ask for copies of things (or birth certificate etc) do they need to be certified copies??

blackcat82

Sep 11, 2015
anyone know how long the wait time is for an interview for the etobicoke office?? i received a letter a week ago saying that they would contact me regarding an interview.

CJOG

Feb 9, 2018
Hi everyone. Please I’m a bit worried,here is my timeline and i applied under the new pathway.

PR Application sent; August 28 2017
AOR ; September 10 2017
Eligibility letter ; September 20 2017

No update since then and the processing time for the new pathway is 3 months. I have one dependant. I have called them multiple times,but they kept telling me that my application is in progress. Any new pathway applicant? Please share your timeline.

Mar 24, 2017
Hi everyone. Please I’m a bit worried,here is my timeline and i applied under the new pathway.

PR Application sent; August 28 2017
AOR ; September 10 2017
Eligibility letter ; September 20 2017

No update since then and the processing time for the new pathway is 3 months. I have one dependant. I have called them multiple times,but they kept telling me that my application is in progress. Any new pathway applicant? Please share your timeline.
hI dID YOU SUBMIT AN OPEN WORK PERMIT ALSO?

Mar 24, 2017
So, here is my final timeline. My wife was a caregiver and her category was Caring for Children.

Application sent: 2016-09-17
Application received by CPC-V in Vegreville: 2016-09-21
Start processing: 2016-09-23
AOR received: 2016-09-24
AIP received: 2016-09-26
Photos request (for a dependent): 2016-10-04
Photos received by Warsaw office: 2016-10-07
Application completed: 2016-11-07
Interview appointment email received: 2016-12-19
Interview (in Etobicoke, primary applicant): 2017-01-05
Passport request (for a dependent): 2017-01-23
Visa issued: 2017-01-30
Landed: 2017-03-01
HI Just want to know if she submitted, open work permit with her Caring for children class application ? Thanks

irishsarah32

Mar 20, 2018
Hey. Im new to the thread. My application was recieved on Jan 30th 2018 in Vegreville. I still have not recieved any emails off IRCC. No Acknowledgement Of Reciept. Its 2 months nest week. Should I worry or just be patient. Does it normally take this long to hear back from them? I cant check my application progress online as I dont have the application number. Very frustrating. Any help or info greatly appreciated.

Feb 20, 2018
But it seems that there are not co many people... I did not manage to find any topic like this one that I created.
Hi
I am here.
I want to know that I have been working as live in care giver in Brampton since last one year came in 15 April 2017. I will be very thankful to you if you enlighten me that am I eligible to apply for PR under this program after completing 24 months ?
In addition to it I would like to tell you that my work permit is with the remarks and observations:Applicant is not the part of LCP Nor are they eligible to apply for PR under this program.But my LMIA was grabbed after doctor’s order. Does it mean ? I am eligible to apply for PR under the class of caring for people with high medical needs.because I am looking after a couple of senior citizen who are above 85 years and with disability.
Thank you
Baljeet Kaur

Mar 24, 2017
Hey. Im new to the thread. My application was recieved on Jan 30th 2018 in Vegreville. I still have not recieved any emails off IRCC. No Acknowledgement Of Reciept. Its 2 months nest week. Should I worry or just be patient. Does it normally take this long to hear back from them? I cant check my application progress online as I dont have the application number. Very frustrating. Any help or info greatly appreciated.
You should apply for Restoration of status

ThuHa

Nov 9, 2017
Hi
I am here.
I want to know that I have been working as live in care giver in Brampton since last one year came in 15 April 2017. I will be very thankful to you if you enlighten me that am I eligible to apply for PR under this program after completing 24 months ?
In addition to it I would like to tell you that my work permit is with the remarks and observations:Applicant is not the part of LCP Nor are they eligible to apply for PR under this program.But my LMIA was grabbed after doctor’s order. Does it mean ? I am eligible to apply for PR under the class of caring for people with high medical needs.because I am looking after a couple of senior citizen who are above 85 years and with disability.
Thank you
Baljeet Kaur
Hi there,

I'm a newbie here and in the same situation too. But I did a research and it showed that our work permits are not on the list of Live-In Caregiver Program (LCP - the old pathway) so that we should apply for PR under regular or new pathways: Caring for children or people with high medical needs.

ThuHa

Nov 9, 2017
Hi All,

I've been working as a caregiver for nearly 2 years - my status ends this August so I'm preparing to submit my application for 1) change conditions, extend my stay or remain in Canada as a worker, 2) PR under new pathway caring for children. My questions are:

1. In the form "Application to change conditions, extend my stay or remain in Canada as a worker", question No.3: I am applying for one or more of the following:
a. a work permit with the same employer
b. an initial work permit or a work permit with a new employer
c. restoration of your status as a worker
d. a temporary resident permit
which checkboxes should I tick in? Because I just got a new LMIA from the current same employer.

2. I'm still not clear about when should I submit the application for an open work permit? Are there any differences between changing conditions and extending my stay and OWP? Should I send it together with the PR application?

3. I'm gonna complete the 3900 working hours requirement at the end of this July - just a month before the expiry of my old work permit, could I submit the docs before this time (like in May/June) or should I wait till August because I'm worried about late submission?

Feb 20, 2018
Hi there,

I'm a newbie here and in the same situation too. But I did a research and it showed that our work permits are not on the list of Live-In Caregiver Program (LCP - the old pathway) so that we should apply for PR under regular or new pathways: Caring for children or people with high medical needs.
Thank you for reply can we talk on phone?
You give me your mail or I send you mine?