+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Car insurance

Mar 1, 2012
I now live in the UK and will be moving with my husband to Canada next year.
I hear on another site for Brits, that car insurance is astronomical and they won't take into account a UK insurance past even if it's great.
Is that true for the US too? I originally am from Oregon and have a good record there.

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't think that counts, to give you an example I drive 2011 car and I am paying roughly $270/ month in Toronto, Ontario (my driving record is excellent no accidents no tickets), I was in Houston, Texas recently and for the same car (2011) they are paying $50/ month. Its also interesting to note that the price in Canada for cars is much higher than US, at least $5000 any model any year.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

deltadeliquent said:
I now live in the UK and will be moving with my husband to Canada next year.
I hear on another site for Brits, that car insurance is astronomical and they won't take into account a UK insurance past even if it's great.
Is that true for the US too? I originally am from Oregon and have a good record there.
Get your no claims report from your insurance company, not broker or agent. In BC, ICBC will credit your no claims from overseas. Up to a 42% discount. See: http://www.icbc.com/autoplan/moving/moving-to

Insurance discounts

You might be eligible for a discount on your insurance if you can prove a claim-free insurance history of longer than one year.

You can reduce your Autoplan premium if your insurance coverage was claim-free. When you licence and insure your vehicle bring a claim history letter. You will need this if you want to qualify for a claim-rated scale discount. When you ask for this letter, remind your previous insurer that it must:

Be on the insurance company’s letterhead.
Show the main driver’s name and the policy number.
State the period you had coverage, and the dates of any at-fault claims.
Be written in English. If the claim letter is not written in English, it must also be:
translated by a certified translator, and
submitted along with the certified translation.

Find a certified translator in B.C.external link (Disclaimer)

Next, bring the original letter or have the insurance company fax it to your Autoplan broker.

If you don’t have your insurance history letters when you first apply for Autoplan insurance, you have up to six months to obtain them and submit a Claim-Rated Scale application. Once your letters and application are received, ICBC will determine if you are entitled to a Claim-Rated Scale discount. Simply complete this application form (PDF) and return it to us at:

CRS Discount Applications — Room 136
Insurance Corporation of British Columbia
151 West Esplanade
North Vancouver BC V7M 3H9

eeeeeeeelectric

Mar 20, 2011
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Surrey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-05-2011
AOR Received.
05-07-2011
Med's Done....
15-03-2011
Interview........
28-07-2015
Passport Req..
1-16-2012
VISA ISSUED...
1-19-2012
LANDED..........
1-21-2012
let's say you have only 4 years of no at fault claims, even though the at fault were not serious, and for $0 for 8 of those years. And, one of the at faults was in the last calendar year. Should I just forget about it, and pay the higher premium, and begin building from here?

I've had some bad luck in parkades!

Thanks!

Aquib

Apr 19, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
JULY 2010
IELTS Request
SUBMIT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
FEB 2010
Med's Request
09 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
27 Feb 2012
Interview........
Medical received 12 March
Passport Req..
15 April 2012
VISA ISSUED...
30 April 2012
LANDED..........
Sep 18 2012 Shuker Allah.
How to get no claim discount in Alberta using UK no claim record

manja_mali

Oct 19, 2011
Aquib said:
How to get no claim discount in Alberta using UK no claim record
Does a Towing claim count , had a broken transmission in Nov 2011 , other than that I have had no claims . Will this impact getting the discount ?

thor

Jun 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2012
File Transfer...
May 2012
Med's Done....
January 2012
I pay $150/month (no record). I have insurance with Johnson Inc. Its very cheap.

maxpayen

Sep 16, 2020
i want to know that what is the total monthly or yearly insurance amount of car.
i know its differ fromsize and cc s of cars but still i want to know whats average cost monthly or yearly insurance