+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Car Import into Canada

spirit.varun

Star Member
Nov 27, 2018
Inspection: I did it canadian tire.
Modification: I did it in dealership for DRL as others couldnot do it.

No mandate to get the drl only after inspection. You can do it in US or in Canada before inspection. No restriction. If the drl works while they inspect then they will give you clearance right away.

Odometer: Which province are you targeting? If its ontario then its not needed. Also i dont think that this change exists even in other province as modifications are recommended centrally by RIV.
Too many people are importing cars to Canada and why this is a problem just for you.
Thank you very much, sorry, just bit confused with below:
"""
Note 2: Possible modifications may include: daytime running lamps, electronic immobilization system (note 1), metric odometer and speedometer labels.
"""
Wondering if this simply means MPH to KMmh display or something else, odometer label keyword keeps confusing,

For province, still open, oh, are there any provincial restrictions that you are aware of,.

One more quick Qs: when did you get your imported.

Thank you for very much for your guidance

madscientist11

Star Member
Feb 15, 2019
If my car use typical analog speedometer with moving pointer, displaying in both kmh and mph is that ok ? Although the mph unit is the main display (mph unit appears on the outer ring and size of the number labels is bigger, while kmh is inside the ring with smaller number labels)

hsent

Aug 20, 2020
Anyone knows any place in Detroit who can install always ON DRL?
I heard that you shouldn't have a switch (That you can use to turn off) for the DRL

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
No, as usual the garage will tell that you need to bring in the car to know and he will say that he needs to check the car before telling the list.
But i dont see it as a big deal/expense for sure for 2011 car. my 2009 had to do only with drl. so not seeing this as an issue.
What was issue with DRL of your 2009?
Was it not there at all or you needed re-programming if it was there already?

I think my 2009 toyota car already has DRL, but not sure if it has to be always on or it is fine if i set it on Auto button then DRL gets activated.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
What was issue with DRL of your 2009?
Was it not there at all or you needed re-programming if it was there already?

I think my 2009 toyota car already has DRL, but not sure if it has to be always on or it is fine if i set it on Auto button then DRL gets activated.
2009 Nissan Altima didnt have DRL hence had to be fixed(/reprogrammed/activated). You can check your manual to see if its there for your car or call the dealer and will let you know if it needs to be fixed.