+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Car export

bigBadWolf

Mar 29, 2018
Hi fellows, need some help urgently. I landed about 2 weeks ago, and now is working on export/import my car to Canada. I'm not sure I fully understand the 72 hours rule, can someone please help to explain? Per the email CBP sent to me, the car is required in the US for at least 72 hours before export. I work in the US during the day and return to Canada at night, would this count as car in the US? Or do I need to rent a car and leave my car in the US for the whole 72 hours? Thanks in advance!

Engo10

Apr 18, 2023
HI all,
Hoping someone can help.
I'm buying a car in the US and exporting it into Canada. I'm buying from a dealership and they have the full clean title for the car, but it's in their name. There is a section on the title for me to fill out (new buyer). Is this sufficient for the US border? I would of course have the bill of sale and other documents from the dealership confirming the sale. I just don't want any surprises at the border. Cheers

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HI all,
Hoping someone can help.
I'm buying a car in the US and exporting it into Canada. I'm buying from a dealership and they have the full clean title for the car, but it's in their name. There is a section on the title for me to fill out (new buyer). Is this sufficient for the US border? I would of course have the bill of sale and other documents from the dealership confirming the sale. I just don't want any surprises at the border. Cheers
Start, here:
https://www.riv.ca/importingavehicle.aspx