+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CAQ/Study Permit Processing Times

puskar

Aug 7, 2017
Hello puskar,
It takes around 2 months to get the certificate. However, since you already passed 4 weeks, then you have to start calling them weekly. This will speed up the process. Otherwise, you probably will not get any update.

These are there phones:
  • Montréal area: 514 864-9191
  • Elsewhere in Québec (toll free): 1 877 864-9191
  • Outside Québec: + 1 514 864-9191
Note that, the phone queue takes like 15 min till someone answers you. so be patient and prepare your application no. and your personal information. Because they will ask you about your name, address,...etc. to make sure its you. They might even ask you to fax your documents to them and they will tell you the Fax No.

Good luck.
Thank you for your reply. I just visited CAQ website. It is mentioned that average processing time has changed to 7 weeks. If I call them will they specify me the date or just mention your file is processed ?. I appreciate your support.

puskar

Aug 7, 2017
if you plan for jan intake, I recommend you defer first, cuz there will be no sufficient time for your visa.

You might need to apply for another CAQ if you defer after you get it.
I applied for CAQ on September 18. As my file number indicates it should be issued in November 1st week.I still have 2 months to apply visa but right now I am in very difficult situation. I will call them. Hope they will give satisfactory reply.

puskar

Aug 7, 2017

zw2015

Jun 4, 2018
Exact same thing happened to me! I rang up the CAQ and the guy told me as soon as they receive the documents they get to work on applying the new information to your file. I mailed mine via express courier the day after I received the message they required new documents. (I was foolish though and sent them on a weekend, so obviously no post was going to be leaving Ireland until Monday morning) They reached Canada eventually on Wednesday morning, notified me they had received these documents 6 days after, and then the next day I got my CAQ.

It absolutely won't take 20 business days, don't worry!
Hello, I may need to send additional documents. Can I know how to send additional missing documents to ensure they will process it in 6 days? Should I write "missing documents" on the envelop?

murad's alam

Jul 21, 2018
hlw can anyone help me out
i got my receipt of documents on 10/07/18 so with in how many days i can expect my Caq to arrive

Shivi1219

Jul 26, 2018
Applied for caq on 1sep2018 reciept of documents on 13 septemver 2018 still awaiting for caq confirmation how much time it would take

Shyam@95

Oct 17, 2018
Hi bro can u plse send me the contact details even though I have same problems with documents missing I called them but they speaking in French plse reply me