yoma koyi

Jan 28, 2017
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
lagos
LANDED..........
- available choices -
I sent documents on April 12, they received them April 13, got "Receipt of documents" on May 19th, still waiting for the actual status.

Mine is taking extremely long and I am being anxious now since I am expected to be in Quebec by August 1st and I still have a study permit & a visa to apply for
Call them

penguin123

Star Member
May 12, 2017
you may not receive hard copy at all go ahead with soft copy and dont waste time
Actually I applied for visa with the letter of acceptance and got it approved now. It's just that I'm still waiting for the original CAQ. Do I need to present the original CAQ at the border for getting student permit? L

Voiceeeeee

Feb 9, 2017
it will be better if you defer your admission or prepare all documents for visa process because CAQ will arrive +ve 100% they dont reject often
I can't apply for a visa without a study permit, and I can't apply for a study permit without a CAQ :/

Voiceeeeee

Feb 9, 2017
Call them
I am super annoyed. I sent them the complete documents.

I just called them and they told me there was a missing document that they received on June 14th, though I did not ship any papers on June 14th nor were I informed of a missing document, they told me that it's probably an error on their end that they have lost the document and just found it, now I have to wait 20 business days from June 14th.

This is so unfair and I won't make it to Montreal in time, I still have a study permit and a visa to apply for..

Sophetta

Jun 13, 2017
Ireland
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
15-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-07-2017
Hi all,

Just to let you know I've received confirmation they've received my documents! Just worried now about getting the approval. Anyone know approximately how long it'll take for a decision to be made?

penguin123

Star Member
May 12, 2017
Hi all,

Just to let you know I've received confirmation they've received my documents! Just worried now about getting the approval. Anyone know approximately how long it'll take for a decision to be made?
just within a week, don't worry!

Sophetta

Jun 13, 2017
Ireland
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
15-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-07-2017
Hi all,

Just a quick question regarding the application for study permit. I'm only going to be studying in Canada for 8 months on the Erasmus exchange programme. This essentially means I don't have to pay any tuition fees to UdeM. The only thing I'm paying to them is health insurance and basic study materials for classes. Should I specify this when applying for a study permit, as it may look a bit sketchy when I input a $0 into the cost of my studies?

Thanks for the help so far!

anwarkahlon21

Star Member
Jun 26, 2017
Hello all,

I mailed in my missing documents for the CAQ on 10th july, and the courier was delivered on 17th july. I was wondering how long it would take for them to issue the CAQ after this.

Will I have to wait another 20+ business days for them to process the missing documents? Or should I be expecting something within the coming week? Any insight on this would help.

Thanks!

Sophetta

Jun 13, 2017
Ireland
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
15-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-07-2017
Hello all,

I mailed in my missing documents for the CAQ on 10th july, and the courier was delivered on 17th july. I was wondering how long it would take for them to issue the CAQ after this.

Will I have to wait another 20+ business days for them to process the missing documents? Or should I be expecting something within the coming week? Any insight on this would help.

Thanks!
Exact same thing happened to me! I rang up the CAQ and the guy told me as soon as they receive the documents they get to work on applying the new information to your file. I mailed mine via express courier the day after I received the message they required new documents. (I was foolish though and sent them on a weekend, so obviously no post was going to be leaving Ireland until Monday morning) They reached Canada eventually on Wednesday morning, notified me they had received these documents 6 days after, and then the next day I got my CAQ.

It absolutely won't take 20 business days, don't worry!

Sophetta

Jun 13, 2017
Ireland
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
15-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-07-2017
Helloo
Means my missing documents delivered on 17 july ,, please tell me ,, they take how much time more to give caq?
Generally, it'll take 5-6 days if it ends up being like my situation. It could be earlier, though! The guy on the phone told me I should expect to hear back the week after they arrived.

Sophetta

Jun 13, 2017
Ireland
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
15-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-07-2017
Are you getting your visa , and going to which college ?
Hopefully! I'm doing an exchange year at Université de Montréal. I've just applied for my study permit and waiting anxiously for the result!