Ireland
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
15-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-07-2017
Hi all,

So I'm a little bit paranoid because I got accepted to Université de Montréal through a late nomination from my home university in Ireland. As soon as I got briefed on the information regarding the application process for immigration to Québec I completed my online application for the CAQ as well as sent off all my documents around May 16th. I've gotten confirmation of receipt of payment etc. But thus far nothing regarding receipt of the hard copies of the documents I sent.

I'm just a bit worried as I'm aware the application for study permit can't be completed without CAQ confirmation and even then from Ireland the process will take about 5/6 weeks. I'm expected on campus for August 27th, so any sort of advice or reassurance that by some miracle I'll be able to have completed everything before then would be stellar!

navdeep300

Star Member
Jun 4, 2017
Hi all,

So I'm a little bit paranoid because I got accepted to Université de Montréal through a late nomination from my home university in Ireland. As soon as I got briefed on the information regarding the application process for immigration to Québec I completed my online application for the CAQ as well as sent off all my documents around May 16th. I've gotten confirmation of receipt of payment etc. But thus far nothing regarding receipt of the hard copies of the documents I sent.

I'm just a bit worried as I'm aware the application for study permit can't be completed without CAQ confirmation and even then from Ireland the process will take about 5/6 weeks. I'm expected on campus for August 27th, so any sort of advice or reassurance that by some miracle I'll be able to have completed everything before then would be stellar!
Hi
The CAQ processing time is around 25 working days. So you will probably hear at the end of this week or in the start of next week. For me it took exactly 36 days including satruday and sundays. So you don't need to worry as you will receive it soon.

Hussain Junejo

Dec 22, 2014
Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Here you go with my Timeline
-Reciept of documents by DHL 5th May 2017
-Update of reciept of documents on 5th June 2017
-Issue of CAQ 12th June 2017

Sophetta

Jun 13, 2017
Ireland
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
15-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-07-2017
Here you go with my Timeline
-Reciept of documents by DHL 5th May 2017
-Update of reciept of documents on 5th June 2017
-Issue of CAQ 12th June 2017
See the problem is I haven't received any sort of acknowledgement that they've received my documents. I sent it by the Irish postal service so unfortunately there's no way of tracking it to see myself if it arrived. If the postal website times are correct, they should have gotten there around the 26th of May.

Would it be worth it to send them again?

Hussain Junejo

Dec 22, 2014
Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
See the problem is I haven't received any sort of acknowledgement that they've received my documents. I sent it by the Irish postal service so unfortunately there's no way of tracking it to see myself if it arrived. If the postal website times are correct, they should have gotten there around the 26th of May.

Would it be worth it to send them again?
No need to send it again its completely useless.
It took me exactly 1 month for the update in my CAQ portal for Receipt of documents from the actual receipt date provided by courier service.
According to you, as you documents might have reached there around 26th May so its still 13 days left for a month.

Sophetta

Jun 13, 2017
Ireland
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
15-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-07-2017
No need to send it again its completely useless.
It took me exactly 1 month for the update in my CAQ portal for Receipt of documents from the actual receipt date provided by courier service.
According to you, as you documents might have reached there around 26th May so its still 13 days left for a month.
Ah that's difficult time wise as reading other threads on here it seems the study permit is equally as slow a process. Hopefully everything goes smoothly regardless!

Thanks so much!

yoma koyi

Jan 28, 2017
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
lagos
LANDED..........
- available choices -
Applied for CAQ 6th May
Sent docs via DHL arrived 11th may
Reciept of docs 8th June
Awaiting decision

So it takes time to get CAQ

I don't know how true this is but someone said processing a study permit with CAQ is faster? please comment

Sophetta

Jun 13, 2017
Ireland
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
15-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-07-2017
Applied for CAQ 6th May
Sent docs via DHL arrived 11th may
Reciept of docs 8th June
Awaiting decision

So it takes time to get CAQ

I don't know how true this is but someone said processing a study permit with CAQ is faster? please comment
That's quite reassuring! I'm just nervous in case the post lost my letter with the documents or something and it hasn't arrived at all as I can't afford to delay anything.

ammy2020

Jun 15, 2017
I sent on march 24 i got recipt of doc on 27 april and caq on 2 may it takes time so chill it will come surely

Voiceeeeee

Feb 9, 2017
I sent documents on April 12, they received them April 13, got "Receipt of documents" on May 19th, still waiting for the actual status.

Mine is taking extremely long and I am being anxious now since I am expected to be in Quebec by August 1st and I still have a study permit & a visa to apply for

ammy2020

Jun 15, 2017
I sent documents on April 12, they received them April 13, got "Receipt of documents" on May 19th, still waiting for the actual status.

Mine is taking extremely long and I am being anxious now since I am expected to be in Quebec by August 1st and I still have a study permit & a visa to apply for
did you sent complete documents? because it does not takes so much time. You do one thing , call them and ask. They will say it takes time and wait but you say that no please check the status and give them you application number and ask them to check.Insist them check and tell so they will tell you by checking it. they will put the phone on hold for 4-6 minutes but be patient.

penguin123

Star Member
May 12, 2017
Hi guys, I got the approval letter for CAQ last month, but I haven't received the original CAQ via courier. Does it take this long for them to deliver this document by postal mail? It's just my little concern.

Voiceeeeee

Feb 9, 2017
did you sent complete documents? because it does not takes so much time. You do one thing , call them and ask. They will say it takes time and wait but you say that no please check the status and give them you application number and ask them to check.Insist them check and tell so they will tell you by checking it. they will put the phone on hold for 4-6 minutes but be patient.
I am super annoyed. Yes I sent them the complete documents.

I just called them and they told me there was a missing document that they received on June 14th, though I did not ship any papers on June 14th nor were I informed of a missing document, they told me that it's probably an error on their end that they have lost the document and just found it, now I have to wait 20 business days from June 14th.

This is so unfair and I won't make it to Montreal in time, I still have a study permit and a visa to apply for..

ammy2020

Jun 15, 2017
I am super annoyed. Yes I sent them the complete documents.

I just called them and they told me there was a missing document that they received on June 14th, though I did not ship any papers on June 14th nor were I informed of a missing document, they told me that it's probably an error on their end that they have lost the document and just found it, now I have to wait 20 business days from June 14th.

This is so unfair and I won't make it to Montreal in time, I still have a study permit and a visa to apply for..
it will be better if you defer your admission or prepare all documents for visa process because CAQ will arrive +ve 100% they dont reject often

ammy2020

Jun 15, 2017
Hi guys, I got the approval letter for CAQ last month, but I haven't received the original CAQ via courier. Does it take this long for them to deliver this document by postal mail? It's just my little concern.
you may not receive hard copy at all go ahead with soft copy and dont waste time