+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CAQ delayed

xiras

May 26, 2017
Hello,
I applied for a CAQ online on 22nd April. And my documents were delivered on 1st May. Its been over 30 days and I still haven't received any update, And In terms of working days it has been 22 days.. Im worried if something in my application was missing causing a delay.
Although I remember submitting everything required; A passport size picture, Photocopy of my offer of admission, the two forms that were needed, and a photocopy of the passport.
So far my timeline just says;

Opening of your file 2017-04-22
Confirmation of payment 2017-04-21
Acknowledgement of receipt of your application 2017-04-21

Im just really worried and not sure of what to do, should I call them?
Is anyone else who applied in May-August having the same problem?
(PLEASE DO SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCE IF YOU HAVE APPLIED RECENTLY FOR FALL 2017 SESSION)

Hussain Junejo

Dec 22, 2014
Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Applicant whose documents reached on 20th april recieved his CAQ last week. As your documents reached on 1s May, you should expect result in next/coming week

M.Elagaty

May 31, 2017
it's normal, they actually received my documents on the 25th of april but just notified me yesterday (30th of May) that they received them

khaverila

May 31, 2017
You should be getting them very soon. I got the confirmation of reception of my files on the 30th of May 2017 (they received them on April 26th) and I got the CAQ today, 31st of May 2017. So you should be getting them very soon! :)

M.Elagaty

May 31, 2017
Just received my CAQ 3 hours ago :)
They received my documents on the 25th of april
Notified me of the receipt on the 30th of May and I got may CAQ on the 31st of May

xiras

May 26, 2017
Thanks everyone for the response and support, so last night (1st May) my file was updated and I got the "Receipt of Documents" and now hopefully they will respond back.

penguin123

Star Member
May 12, 2017
hi guys, do you know how long it takes them to send the CAQ certificate via the courier? I got my result for 2 weeks and haven't received any postal mail yet.

sanazOCT15

Jun 4, 2017
hi everybody,

I have a similar situation, my documents were received on May 16th and am still waiting for an update... I had a question about the end date on the form I have submitted. I am starting a Phd program at Concordia which starts on Sep 5th, 2017 I wrote the end date Sep 5th 2021, as the usual length of the degree is 4 years. There was not an exact end date on my offer of admission. Do you think that will be an issue?

Applicant whose documents reached on 20th april recieved his CAQ last week. As your documents reached on 1s May, you should expect result in next/coming week

sanazOCT15

Jun 4, 2017
hi Hussain,
I have a question regarding my address which I have included in my file. My dossiers were received on May 16th, according to the courier tracking numberm but there is not an update on my files. I will be moving out of my current appartment at the end of June. Should I update my address on my CAQ portal? Would that cause delays or any issue? Or should I wait and maybe my CAQ will me mailed to me hopefully by the end of June?
Thank you so much for you help, It seems that you are very knowlesgable about these process and I appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

xiras

May 26, 2017
hi everybody,

I have a similar situation, my documents were received on May 16th and am still waiting for an update... I had a question about the end date on the form I have submitted. I am starting a Phd program at Concordia which starts on Sep 5th, 2017 I wrote the end date Sep 5th 2021, as the usual length of the degree is 4 years. There was not an exact end date on my offer of admission. Do you think that will be an issue?
Hey so my documents were delivered on 1st May but they updated my account with the Recipet of Documents on 1st June so after an entire month. so hopefully for you it will take a week or two until you get that receipt of document on your file. Also for the date im not 100% sure but on my offer from concordia i was told the degree would end in 2020 so i wrote
Date program starts : 2017-09-05
Date program ends : 2020-09-05

sanazOCT15

Jun 4, 2017
Hi Xiras, Thanks for the response. I see, I guess in the next week or two I have to see an update hopefully. Which department are you going to? My offer only had a time limit date, which means that basically that is the maximum of your stay at the department, but that is for 2023!
Do you know if there any number to call and if there is any luck on getting a hold of someone to get a reply? Thank you.

xiras

May 26, 2017
Hi Xiras, Thanks for the response. I see, I guess in the next week or two I have to see an update hopefully. Which department are you going to? My offer only had a time limit date, which means that basically that is the maximum of your stay at the department, but that is for 2023!
Do you know if there any number to call and if there is any luck on getting a hold of someone to get a reply? Thank you.
Yes hopefully, until then prepare your other visa documents. Im going to Sociolgy but for undergrad.
I wish i did but no i dont know of any number. Maybe you shoud contact Concordia and ask them about it through email or from the international students department because when i went to enquire at the visa office they gave me literally no information on caq and they just said "Email the Univeristy they will guide you"
Your Welcome.

sanazOCT15

Jun 4, 2017
I see. Yes the same, I had a hard time getting a hold of someone. I will try calling in the number on CAQ website tomorrow. Hopefully, once I get the CAQ it will be all better and less stressful! good luck to you as well.

Hussain Junejo

Dec 22, 2014
Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi Hussain,
I have a question regarding my address which I have included in my file. My dossiers were received on May 16th, according to the courier tracking numberm but there is not an update on my files. I will be moving out of my current appartment at the end of June. Should I update my address on my CAQ portal? Would that cause delays or any issue? Or should I wait and maybe my CAQ will me mailed to me hopefully by the end of June?
Thank you so much for you help, It seems that you are very knowlesgable about these process and I appreciate you sharing your thoughts.
Hello Sanaz,
I believe you will be hearing from them in next week. My documents were received on 05.-05-17 and today on 05-06-17 my profile was updated with the same date with ''receipt of documents''.
Secondly, I myself am confused because after applying for CAQ I renewed my passport which have a new passport number. I dont know if CAQ contains our passport number, if it does I will have to request them new one. I believe its best to call them personally and discuss about your case. Though it usually takes more than 15 days and usually around a month for us to receive the postal mail after we are accepted. So you should expect the postal mail by July. Don't worry we gest a pdf copy when we are accepted and we can file visa with that.

sanazOCT15

Jun 4, 2017
Hello Sanaz,
I believe you will be hearing from them in next week. My documents were received on 05.-05-17 and today on 05-06-17 my profile was updated with the same date with ''receipt of documents''.
Secondly, I myself am confused because after applying for CAQ I renewed my passport which have a new passport number. I dont know if CAQ contains our passport number, if it does I will have to request them new one. I believe its best to call them personally and discuss about your case. Though it usually takes more than 15 days and usually around a month for us to receive the postal mail after we are accepted. So you should expect the postal mail by July. Don't worry we gest a pdf copy when we are accepted and we can file visa with that.
great, it is good that you have got the notification at least. I also looked up if there is a passport # in the CAQ and the forms did not seem to have them, I think since the CAQ is supposed to be for the duration of your program and one most likely renew their passport it should not be a problem. But you should ask anyhow. Luckily, I can apply for my study permit at the port of entry with my Green card but will have to make sure I can get my physsical copy and see if I can update my mailing address in the portal to my new home address.