+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can't link my application to my CIC account because no application seems to be in their records.

nicole_H

Mar 2, 2021
Hello!

I applied for common law sponsorship (living in canada) in December of 2020. I received an email from CIC Missisauga office to pay my biometrics January 13, 2021. I paid the biometrics fee the same day and have not received any further emails from them. In the email they included an application number but when I try to link this application to my account it says there's no application found in their records. I tried calling but have no luck reaching an agent due to long wait times. Should I reach out via web form to ask if my application is being processed? I am worried that even with an application number I can't check the status of my application because it doesn't appear to be in their system.

haddad287

Nov 11, 2020
Hello!

I applied for common law sponsorship (living in canada) in December of 2020. I received an email from CIC Missisauga office to pay my biometrics January 13, 2021. I paid the biometrics fee the same day and have not received any further emails from them. In the email they included an application number but when I try to link this application to my account it says there's no application found in their records. I tried calling but have no luck reaching an agent due to long wait times. Should I reach out via web form to ask if my application is being processed? I am worried that even with an application number I can't check the status of my application because it doesn't appear to be in their system.
Did you get a permanent application #? If it starts with FX. It’s temporary. You can’t link until you get AOR

KingKcaj

Star Member
Mar 4, 2020
You won't get to link your app until you received AOR2. For most people since covid started is about 7-8 months from the date they received the files, So you are looking at July or August 2021 probably, maybe June if you are the super lucky ones.

haddad287

Nov 11, 2020
You won't get to link your app until you received AOR2. For most people since covid started is about 7-8 months from the date they received the files, So you are looking at July or August 2021 probably, maybe June if you are the super lucky ones.
That is not true, AOR1 (the first one with the UCI # And Permanent Application Number F####) is when you can link it. Thats when I was able to link mine. About 2 months after it was received by CPC Sydney

KingKcaj

Star Member
Mar 4, 2020
That is not true, AOR1 (the first one with the UCI # And Permanent Application Number F####) is when you can link it. Thats when I was able to link mine. About 2 months after it was received by CPC Sydney
UCI# + F# is AOR2, at least that is what I have seen people referring it to in this forum.
AOR1 is the letter that just say they received your document. with the XF#.
Maybe you are outland? different from inland?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello!

You will get the no record found if there's no match. Try every possible combination and keep trying. If you have biometrics request it is in there.

We were never able to link the ecas system but did get in through gcms.

KingKcaj

Star Member
Mar 4, 2020
You will get the no record found if there's no match. Try every possible combination and keep trying. If you have biometrics request it is in there.

It was Biometric fee reminder for OP if I read correctly, not the actual Biometric request.

haddad287

Nov 11, 2020
UCI# + F# is AOR2, at least that is what I have seen people referring it to in this forum.
sigh... everyone on the forums have diff explanation of AOR1 and AOR2

I was told AOR1 was the email with UCI+ ApplicationNumber (F######), and AOR2 is when VO Office receives ur applciation and let's you know

Reactions: YVR123

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
sigh... everyone on the forums have diff explanation of AOR1 and AOR2

I was told AOR1 was the email with UCI+ ApplicationNumber (F######), and AOR2 is when VO Office receives ur applciation and let's you know
Yes this is absolutely true . Aor 1 is which says application received by certain date and have application number and uci number. Aor 2 is when it’s transferred to another visa officer.

Reactions: YVR123

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
XF12568939 is called Pre-AOR. AOR1 is which says your application has been received by certain date and for which family member under which class and it has application number and uci too.

KingKcaj

Star Member
Mar 4, 2020
XF12568939 is called Pre-AOR. AOR1 is which says your application has been received by certain date and for which family member under which class and it has application number and uci too.
I see, and is it different for Inland and Outland? I also see the timeline for in and out to be very different.

KingKcaj

Star Member
Mar 4, 2020
Anyways the name doesn't really matters. Since the OP is Inland, until they have the letter/email with the UCI + F#, they will not be able to link. And the current timeline for INLAND is as stated around 7-8months to receive this letter. Maybe faster in the future, but no one knows. If you are OUTLAND, listen to Haddad287, my comment only applies to INLAND.

Reactions: armoured

nicole_H

Mar 2, 2021

I tried every combination possible and still got no match, I'm worried they entered my name incorrectly on accident and that's why its not being found.

nicole_H

Mar 2, 2021
Did you get a permanent application #? If it starts with FX. It’s temporary. You can’t link until you get AOR
I only received an application number which starts with F not FX as well as file number which is the same as application number. The application number appears at the top of the pdf form that they emailed me requesting the biometrics payment and the file number was listed at the bottom of the email.