+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can't link my application to my CIC account because no application seems to be in their records.

nicole_H

Mar 2, 2021
Anyways the name doesn't really matters. Since the OP is Inland, until they have the letter/email with the UCI + F#, they will not be able to link. And the current timeline for INLAND is as stated around 7-8months to receive this letter. Maybe faster in the future, but no one knows. If you are OUTLAND, listen to Haddad287, my comment only applies to INLAND.

I applied inland. I don't have a UCI number as of yet, it wasn't listed on the email, it was left blank. I guess my only choice is to keep on waiting. I just wanted to verify that my application was received.

nicole_H

Mar 2, 2021
You won't get to link your app until you received AOR2. For most people since covid started is about 7-8 months from the date they received the files, So you are looking at July or August 2021 probably, maybe June if you are the super lucky ones.
oh wow that's long time from now. So I wasn't supposed to receive a confirmation email stating they have received all my documents? I only got the email requesting the biometrics payment.

nicole_H

Mar 2, 2021
Yes this is absolutely true . Aor 1 is which says application received by certain date and have application number and uci number. Aor 2 is when it’s transferred to another visa officer.

so it's the AOR1 which I need to keep an eye out for. Does the AOR1 take long to be received?

haddad287

Nov 11, 2020
I only received an application number which starts with F not FX as well as file number which is the same as application number. The application number appears at the top of the pdf form that they emailed me requesting the biometrics payment and the file number was listed at the bottom of the email.
If its FXXXX and you got UCI Number, and Corresponding ID, then u should be able to link it on PA details.

Make sure no single letter is off, yes if u cant link it, check to make sure the corresponding IMM forms has ur name's spelled correctly. IRCC basically scans those and a stright copy+paste into their system. So if your name is for Example Alex Kingsly, and the form is like Alex Kingslys. See if you can find it based off the names on the IMM Forms.

If IMM is correct, and u still can't link it, call IRCC asap

nicole_H

Mar 2, 2021
If its FXXXX and you got UCI Number, and Corresponding ID, then u should be able to link it on PA details.

Make sure no single letter is off, yes if u cant link it, check to make sure the corresponding IMM forms has ur name's spelled correctly. IRCC basically scans those and a stright copy+paste into their system. So if your name is for Example Alex Kingsly, and the form is like Alex Kingslys. See if you can find it based off the names on the IMM Forms.

If IMM is correct, and u still can't link it, call IRCC asap

is my UCI linked to multiple applications? or is it a different UCI for each? I have a UCI number for my extension to stay application but im not quite sure if that's the same UCI I must use to check my sponsorship application.

haddad287

Nov 11, 2020
is my UCI linked to multiple applications? or is it a different UCI for each? I have a UCI number for my extension to stay application but im not quite sure if that's the same UCI I must use to check my sponsorship application.
Use the Application Number and PA Info to linkto your CIC Acc. The

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
UCI is linked to an individual across all kinds of applications; as far as I'm aware it stays with a person for life and will eventually be PR card number as well (or at least it is on the PR card).

nicole_H

Mar 2, 2021
UCI is linked to an individual across all kinds of applications; as far as I'm aware it stays with a person for life and will eventually be PR card number as well (or at least it is on the PR card).

okay thank you! I will fill out the web form to let them know of this issue ASAP then.

AmyL

Star Member
Mar 3, 2020
Hello!

I applied for common law sponsorship (living in canada) in December of 2020. I received an email from CIC Missisauga office to pay my biometrics January 13, 2021. I paid the biometrics fee the same day and have not received any further emails from them. In the email they included an application number but when I try to link this application to my account it says there's no application found in their records. I tried calling but have no luck reaching an agent due to long wait times. Should I reach out via web form to ask if my application is being processed? I am worried that even with an application number I can't check the status of my application because it doesn't appear to be in their system.
You probably made a simple mistake when trying to link it. Make sure you add in the sponsor when stating the number of people (2 if just you and spouse and no children) and make sure the city of birth is what you put on the form IMM0008. I had to put my state instead of city because that was what was on my passport. If you still are having problems you can check it using the ECAS system using your receipt number as well.