+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can't issue police certificate now, what should I do?

S76

Mar 8, 2020
Hi All,

I'm sponsoring my wife and kids to immigrate to Canada. We're almost done with the application....we got all the documents we need and ready to send. The only problem now is the police certificate was issued for my wife in January and I noticed that it expires tomorrow (I know we took a long time to prepare the rest of the application). We tried to get a new ceritificate but the police office is not currently issuing new ceritifcates due to COVID-19 measures. They say to check back after two weeks, but we're not sure when they'll resume operations it might be a month or more we don't know. If we wait too long we'll have to redo the photos as well cause they expire around mid May - so I want to avoid that. What should we do? Wait and try and get the police certificate before photos expire what if we can't? or can we just send the application as is and then send the new police certificate whenever we get it? Appreciate your advice.

Sherif

Dude29

Star Member
Dec 23, 2019
Submit the application with an explanation saying that you have applied for PCC but new certificates are not being issued due to COVID-19 measures.

You will have 90 days to submit PCC.