Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
10/10/2013
Interview........
18/4/2013
We landed as permanent residents in September 2014 and CIC mailed our PR cards to our temp address in Canada. We waited until we had the PR cards and then travelled back to the states to pack etc before our final move planned in march 2015. In the middle of packing etc, I have lost both our PR cards ( spouse and mine). I am so nervous , I've been looking for a month now. This week I have decided to report it to the embassy in my country. I am aware that I also need to submit the card application from inside of Canada. I will need to travel to Canada for this, but how can I prove my PR status at the border ( airlines) ? The CIC website says I can apply for a travel document.

Also, the CIC website has 170 days as processing for replacement PR cards. We don't have that much time since we plan to move in March 2015. is there any way they can send it before that?

Any other process I need to be aware of before sending my application for replacement card?

thank you all.

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shootingstar said:
We landed as permanent residents in September 2014 and CIC mailed our PR cards to our temp address in Canada. We waited until we had the PR cards and then travelled back to the states to pack etc before our final move planned in march 2015. In the middle of packing etc, I have lost both our PR cards ( spouse and mine). I am so nervous , I've been looking for a month now. This week I have decided to report it to the embassy in my country. I am aware that I also need to submit the card application from inside of Canada. I will need to travel to Canada for this, but how can I prove my PR status at the border ( airlines) ? The CIC website says I can apply for a travel document.

Also, the CIC website has 170 days as processing for replacement PR cards. We don't have that much time since we plan to move in March 2015. is there any way they can send it before that?

Any other process I need to be aware of before sending my application for replacement card?

thank you all.
If you travel by air, bus, or train then you need a travel document. If by car then you dont need one. You just need your COPR. If you lost that too thats ok, they can still verify your status and let you in.

Replacements take anywhere from 3-7 months processing.

shootingstar

Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
10/10/2013
Interview........
18/4/2013
CanV said:
If you travel by air, bus, or train then you need a travel document. If by car then you dont need one. You just need your COPR. If you lost that too thats ok, they can still verify your status and let you in.

Replacements take anywhere from 3-7 months processing.
thanks canV

I have my COPR. I was planning to take a flight so may have to apply for a travel document.

3-7 months is a long time. I plan to re-enter Canada in March 2015.

Also, I am not in Canada right now, how can I apply for the Card?

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shootingstar said:
thanks canV

I have my COPR. I was planning to take a flight so may have to apply for a travel document.

3-7 months is a long time. I plan to re-enter Canada in March 2015.

Also, I am not in Canada right now, how can I apply for the Card?
You cant apply for PR card from outside Canada. If you wanna take a plane, you need a PRTD.

shootingstar

Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
10/10/2013
Interview........
18/4/2013
CanV said:
You cant apply for PR card from outside Canada. If you wanna take a plane, you need a PRTD.
That is potentially not good news for me. Do you know if both my husband and myself need to return to Canada to apply for the card of he can travel and apply on my behalf?

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Do you have a US or other visa-exempt passport? If so you can fly to Canada based on on that, and don't need PR card.

If you hold a non-visa-exempt passport, then you need a travel document to fly, or instead could drive across border to Canada in a personal vehicle.

shootingstar

Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
10/10/2013
Interview........
18/4/2013
I am not from a visa exempt country. I would be able to drive and therefore use my COPR for entry.

Thank you.

shootingstar

Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
10/10/2013
Interview........
18/4/2013
I have the followingquestions
1. Do i need to fill in the form and submit all my addresses etc or just inform cic and wait for the replacement card?
2. Can I send my application to my friend in canada or should I go personally?
3. Can I set up a mailbox such as UPS for the receipt of my PR card? I don't think I trust the postal service again.
4. Does CIC send the replacement card or do we usually have to go pick up? ;)