+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can't check my eTa status?

Cocoshaggy

May 1, 2018
Hello out there

Yesterday my work permit was approved for my working holiday visa (yay!). In my correspondence letter (I guess thats my POE) it says that I've got an eTA that is linked to my passport (I also have the eTA number) and it is valid until 2023 with multiple entries to Canada. Today I thought maybe it would be a good idea to check the status of my eTA (https://onlineservices-servicesenligne.cic.gc.ca/eta/applicationQuery?lang=en&_ga=2.188881707.1439110567.1528887323-1994750393.1517864020).
For some reason it said 'no match'?

I don't understand that my CICaccount tells me that my eTa is approved and also attach my eTa number to the correspondence letter but when I check the status online it says 'no match'?

Can anyone help me? I've already emailed CIC about the issue

Best regards
Emilia

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
This is common issue with the ETA checking page. If you have the POE letter and that includes an ETA number you should be good to go. You could raise a case specific enquiry or if really unsure just spend 7 dollars but no real benefit doing either.

At least you have an ETA number, for those who have lost that the ETA checker is useless. You would think they would change the search to passport number, name and DOB given an ETA is linked to a specific passport

Cocoshaggy

May 1, 2018
My eTA number is clearly written down on page two of my POE and it also says that the eTA is linked to my passport. The letter also says that it allows me multiple entries to Canada and is valid until 2025/06/12.

I aslo messaged International experience Canada on their Facebook page and they confirmed that my eTA can be seen on page two.

Why I can't see the eTA status is a mystery - but u saying that it is common issue makes me less stressed out!

I did raise a case specific enquiry and luckily there's still 2 months until departure to Canada.

But thank you a lot for your answer :)