+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Cannot print CIT0002

mikemitkov

Oct 11, 2017
PRINT WORKS!!! The form has been fixed and is now available online!

Please don't pass along misinformation, even as sarcasm.
No, print does not work. There is no sarcasm in stating the fact. I would instead appreciate if people would stop giving advice of the things they have no idea about - like comments in this thread from today's morning that were suggesting to press the print button, but have not even checked the form itself.

Specifically, comments #93 and #94 in this thread; from "Hero" members as well.

robw

Mar 10, 2014
No, print does not work. There is no sarcasm in stating the fact. I would instead appreciate if people would stop giving advice of the things they have no idea about - like comments in this thread from today's morning that were suggesting to press the print button, but have not even checked the form itself.

What more do you want?

Reactions: arash1718 and Natan

Natan

May 22, 2015
No, print does not work. There is no sarcasm in stating the fact. I would instead appreciate if people would stop giving advice of the things they have no idea about
You are misinformed! The form works and prints! Spreading misinformation creates confusion.

Last edited:

zohr

Oct 11, 2017
Make sure you're using the latest Adobe reader. Delete or rename the old application and also clear the cache in Adobe by clicking clear recent files.
thanks!!! finally did it after clearing the catch, dld the form on my phone, renaming it and now the print option is enabled.

Reactions: arash1718

torontoguy87

Oct 5, 2017
yes, why not format disk C and re-install Windows? Better, purchase new PC altogether, just set it up in a new apartment - your old house is compromised. You also have to move to another country - try downloading from Buffalo :)

Alternatively - wait for the forms to be fixed, and do not listen to pranks that say Print works, because it does not.

I tried few times on my computer this afternoon but it did not work - even after I changed browsers, cleaned history/caches, used VPN and my phone data, and used private mode.

After all these, I borrowed my colleague's laptop and she downloaded the printable file and emailed me.

Maybe you can try another computer/laptop?

Reactions: arash1718

arash1718

Star Member
May 29, 2013
Your options if you can NOT print the form:
1) Do a SHIFT+refresh on the application form and download and open it with Adobe Reader.
2) Try to download the form with your cellphone data (using hot spot or emailing it to yourself)
3) Connect with a VPN and then hard refresh (Shift+refresh)
4) Ask someone else to send the forms to you

arash1718

Star Member
May 29, 2013
I finally send my application using UPS because DHL was gone by the time I get there. I rushed the last minute so I hope I did not miss any thing. There were only two forms to sign right?

R0ger

Star Member
Nov 30, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Specifically, comments #93 and #94 in this thread; from "Hero" members as well.
Please stop spreading misinformation.

Printing works since around noon, when they refreshed the form. Just download the updated form and go ahead.

Natan

May 22, 2015
I finally send my application using UPS because DHL was gone by the time I get there. I rushed the last minute so I hope I did not miss any thing. There were only two forms to sign right?
If you were not eligible to file under the old rules, then you cannot sign and submit your application until tomorrow (because you were not eligible to apply yesterday).

torontoguy87

Oct 5, 2017
If you were not eligible to file under the old rules, then you cannot sign and submit your application until tomorrow (because you were not eligible to apply yesterday).
That's not true.
I was helping a friend. She would not be eligible until next month (with old 4/6 rules) but she is eligible today (with new 3/5 rules).

She became PR original entry: March 2012.
Was absent from Canada for about 1.5 year - due to work and travel so she was not eligible until next month with the old 4/6 rules.

With the same situation , she has more than 1400 days as of 11OCT17 - she is more than qualified for 3/5 new rules.

R0ger

Star Member
Nov 30, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IANAL, but I believe there is a difference between personal eligibility (i.e. having enough days in Canada) and the coming into force of the 3/5 rule. The purpose of the test is to ensure that you were in Canada long enough to qualify for applying. If you have sufficient days as of Oct 10, then you are eligible to file even on Oct 11 (day 1 of the new rules being applied).

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
This is not true. People who had more than 1,095 days on Oct 10 were eligible under the new rules yesterday and that is what matters. This is not about the question if the rules were in force yesterday or not. It has to be understood as "Under the current rules, were you eligible yesterday?"

Source: It would take me about 30 minutes to quote all the relevant parts of the Citizenship Act and Bill C-6, but believe me I know that bill by heart basically and you can find the info there.

Natan

May 22, 2015
That's not true.
I was helping a friend. She would not be eligible until next month (with old 4/6 rules) but she is eligible today (with new 3/5 rules).

She became PR original entry: March 2012.
Was absent from Canada for about 1.5 year - due to work and travel so she was not eligible until next month with the old 4/6 rules.

With the same situation , she has more than 1400 days as of 11OCT17 - she is more than qualified for 3/5 new rules.
IANAL, but I believe there is a difference between personal eligibility (i.e. having enough days in Canada) and the coming into force of the 3/5 rule. The purpose of the test is to ensure that you were in Canada long enough to qualify for applying. If you have sufficient days as of Oct 10, then you are eligible to file even on Oct 11 (day 1 of the new rules being applied).
The citizenship application states the following right above the signature area, "Remember to make sure that you are eligible to apply for citizenship on the day BEFORE you sign this application."

If you sign the application today (11 October 2017), that means you are eligible to apply for citizenship yesterday, when the former rules applied. If you are only eligible under the new rules, then you must sign no earlier than tomorrow, because today is the first day you are eligible to apply for citizenship under the new rules.