jamie hito

Star Member
Jun 16, 2017
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Japan
Its locked for printing under pdf security. I wanna bypass it but cic will know.

Completed the form and found I cant print it.

Is there a way to export what I wrote on updated form?

kushari

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2012
AOR Received.
30-11-2012
IELTS Request
22-06-2012
Med's Request
12-12-2013
Med's Done....
18-12-2013
Passport Req..
19-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24/03/2014
LANDED..........
27/03/2014
Wow, whomever made the form didn't think people would need to print it? Thanks for wasting our time IRCC! Took me an hour and a half to fill out the form, and then I freaked out. Now we have to wait until they fix it, and probably lose a day and a lot of people will be applying.

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
My guess is that this form is a preliminary roll out and will not be fully activated until later . . . later in the day today? Perhaps.

There are other issues in the new form. Lots of ambiguities or otherwise imprecise instructions.

The form has a very different format compared to previous citizenship application forms. Appears pretty. Not so pretty in the details. As previously observed, prudent applicants will be patient and wait to see how the roll out proceeds. For now, obviously, all applicants must wait . . . at the least until the form itself actually works and can be printed (or there is another way to submit the form).

Some have objected to my characterization of those who will not proceed with prudence. Despite the fact that actually a more severe description is actually warranted . . . how else to describe (with an emphasis on cautionary intent) those who would rush at the risk of more problems than the typical risks?

In any event, PATIENCE continues to be operative best approach.

kushari

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2012
AOR Received.
30-11-2012
IELTS Request
22-06-2012
Med's Request
12-12-2013
Med's Done....
18-12-2013
Passport Req..
19-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24/03/2014
LANDED..........
27/03/2014
I cannot even fill it up. Is their a trick to be able to fill the form?
No, just make sure you're using the latest Adobe reader, or third party program. If you're on a Mac, you can't use preview. Get Adobe Reader DC.

My guess is that this form is a preliminary roll out and will not be fully activated until later . . . later in the day today? Perhaps.

There are other issues in the new form. Lots of ambiguities or otherwise imprecise instructions.

The form has a very different format compared to previous citizenship application forms. Appears pretty. Not so pretty in the details. As previously observed, prudent applicants will be patient and wait to see how the roll out proceeds. For now, obviously, all applicants must wait . . . at the least until the form itself actually works and can be printed (or there is another way to submit the form).

Some have objected to my characterization of those who will not proceed with prudence. Despite the fact that actually a more severe description is actually warranted . . . how else to describe (with an emphasis on cautionary intent) those who would rush at the risk of more problems than the typical risks?

In any event, PATIENCE continues to be operative best approach.
It's a form, it's not a web application. No such thing as a Roll out.

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
It's a form, it's not a web application. No such thing as a Roll out.
My apologies for not being more precise.

Perhaps the following revision will help you better understand what was meant.

My guess is that this form is part of a preliminary roll out of the new application process and the application form will not be fully activated until later . . . later in the day today? Perhaps.

As for there being "no such thing as a Roll out," actually this is a very widely used reference to a broad introduction of a new product or process. If you still have difficulty understanding what it is, google should offer better explanations and plenty of examples.

In any event, there should be no misunderstanding about the prudence of being patient.

kushari

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2012
AOR Received.
30-11-2012
IELTS Request
22-06-2012
Med's Request
12-12-2013
Med's Done....
18-12-2013
Passport Req..
19-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24/03/2014
LANDED..........
27/03/2014
My apologies for not being more precise.

Perhaps the following revision will help you better understand what was meant.

My guess is that this form is part of a preliminary roll out of the new application process and the application form will not be fully activated until later . . . later in the day today? Perhaps.

As for there being "no such thing as a Roll out," actually this is a very widely used reference to a broad introduction of a new product or process. If you still have difficulty understanding what it is, google should offer better explanations and plenty of examples.

In any event, there should be no misunderstanding about the prudence of being patient.
No, you're mistaken. They messed up. The form is meant to be printed. So what's going to happen is the following. They will fix the form and upload it to their website. You'll have to download it and fill it out again. Then you'll be able to print that printable one. Not the old one. So There's no roll out. It's not an application, its a form. I work in IT. You don't make a form and then roll it out. You make a form and then you provide it. That's all. Roll outs include subsections of a bigger group. Like allowing executives only access to an application etc. This is a form that's public and should be printable. Once they make the update, it won't magically fix the form you have downloaded, you'll have to re download and re fill the form.

Last edited:

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Just woke up and I must say: so glad I didn’t stay up last night filling out the form for nothing ....

kushari

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2012
AOR Received.
30-11-2012
IELTS Request
22-06-2012
Med's Request
12-12-2013
Med's Done....
18-12-2013
Passport Req..
19-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24/03/2014
LANDED..........
27/03/2014
Every change in an IT landscape is called a rollout!
It's a form, not an application, there won't be waves, or anything like that. You could call it a rollout, an upload, publishing the form. Whatever you want to call it. It's not something that will be fixed in the one we already downloaded as dpenabill mentioned. They will have to fix the form, upload it to the server, and we will have to download it, and fill out the new form.