+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Cannot attend visa interview due to sickness

bavarian

Star Member
Mar 28, 2009
I am scheduled to appear for visa interview at detroit consulate on June 3rd. But i am really sick with flu and do not think I will be in a position to appear for the interview on the said date. Please suggest what should I do.

AlberMex

Star Member
May 8, 2008
Guadalajara Mexico
Save the sickness for later during that day and go to the interview, if you feel bad they will understand why the interview didnt go very well. If you dont go, you will be refused, it is too late to communicate with them to schedule another interview.

Mermaid3011

Star Member
Feb 26, 2009
Toronto, ON
bavarian said:
I do not think I will be able to make it. If I am unable to attend can I reapply?
Don't you think you'll feel better in 3 days? Today is Sunday and the interview is on Wednesday.
Can someone drive you there and pick you up again?

Afterall it could happen that they dont even want to see you... if you have flu symptons they could refuse seeing you since everybody is so afraid of swine flu!

Call the office in Detroit if you can or the hotline and let the officer call you back to make sure they would even see you!!!

Take care and get well soon!!!!

Brigit

mahsae

Jul 27, 2011
Re: Cannot attend quebec interview due to visa rejection

Hi Every body
I live in UK and I applied for Quebec immigration under permanent skilled worker at Dec 2010 and My selection interview is in 9 September 2011 in France, unfortunately I've been rejected for the Schengen entry visa to France, I already informed to the relevant email address in Canada embassy in France, but still haven't receive any reply, I am planning to submit an appeal on my visa rejection, but I don't have any Idea about what will happen now? are they going to interview me in London? or any other places or they cancel it? I would really appreciate if any one can help me on this issue.
Thanks
Mah

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
bavarian,

You MUST attend the interview whether or not the day could be the last day of your life.
Many People are waiting for years to get their interviews done.
as other members said, you still got a few more days to feel good. Drink plenty of energy drinks, fruit juice, glucose water, Coconut water, Kebabs. on the day of your interview, have at least one Tylenol, this will kick out the pain for a 4-5 hours. There is no option to let the visa office know at this stage that you got sickness and you wouldnt be able to attend the interview. go to VO on that day and your first thing to report the office that you might need a sick bed ( keep all the medical reports and docs prescriptions with you) while the VO would be conducting your interview.

They are human as well, they too get flu and stuffs. they will understand.

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
mahsae

Send the France rejection letter to your VO to reschedule the Interview in London or anywhere else.
appeal to France requesting them to take you into immigration police custody from Paris airport until your visa interview is completed. this is to make sure that you wont be able to flee in France to illegally reside there. you are lucky that you got the interview schedule so fast but lets see what happens.

pittabread

Champion Member
Oct 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jnathan said:
bavarian,

You MUST attend the interview whether or not the day could be the last day of your life.
Many People are waiting for years to get their interviews done.
as other members said, you still got a few more days to feel good. Drink plenty of energy drinks, fruit juice, glucose water, Coconut water, Kebabs. on the day of your interview, have at least one Tylenol, this will kick out the pain for a 4-5 hours. There is no option to let the visa office know at this stage that you got sickness and you wouldnt be able to attend the interview. go to VO on that day and your first thing to report the office that you might need a sick bed ( keep all the medical reports and docs prescriptions with you) while the VO would be conducting your interview.

They are human as well, they too get flu and stuffs. they will understand.
Hey janathan!

Bavarian post is old. Its 2009 post.... ;)

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
again I did the same mistake lol. ::)

thanks pitta.

but what happened to him, did he attend the interview? some members never come back and share their stories.

pittabread

Champion Member
Oct 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jnathan said:
again I did the same mistake lol. ::)

thanks pitta.

but what happened to him, did he attend the interview? some members never come back and share their stories.
Don't know.....I ask him if he is still on this forum tell us please what happened........

mahsae

Jul 27, 2011
jnathan

Many thanks for your reply, but I did not understand it properly :D what is VO? where should I send it to? I already send and email to the relevant email address that I have to contact if I can not attend but still haven't received any reply!!!
"appeal to France requesting them to take you into immigration police custody from Paris airport until your visa interview is completed" do you think they really do that? in that case they have to invest a lot on each case like me:D and today I went to the canada embassy in London and wrote an enquiry lets see what they will reply. would you please tell me what is VO?

Thanks for your help.
Mah

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
mahsae

VO means Visa officer/Visa Office
I told you to appeal that way to French authority just to make sure that you have no intention of fleeing in France and your sole intention to enter in France is only to attend the interview and after that you'll come back from there in no time.

your VO in London had actually tried to make your life easier by scheduling the interview in France, else CHC London has a huge list of Interview takers which could take 1-2 years as well.

You have two options left now: appealing the French Visa which you have already done so, I hope you have given them a heart touching cover letter. and letting the CHC VO know about all these occurrences that getting a visa has turned up to an impossible task for you.

let us know what happened to you. by the way, why have you been called to an interview, any Idea?
Good luck !

mahsae

Jul 27, 2011
@ jnathan
Thanks for your suggestion Im going to do that, well I applied for Quebec immigration and I did not submit any french test result, I belive they just want to make sure I know French as much as I claimed.

Thanks
Mah