+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Work Experience - Full Time Work Done Under Co-op.

NewDelhi

Apr 24, 2022
I did my three months full time internship (under co-op) in a company based in Toronto. Now I am working as a full time employee in the same company under PGWP. Hopefully I will create my profile in July 2024.
One of my friends told me that his co-op work was included in the total work experience for filing PR application. IRCC website clearly says that work done under co-op will not be counted as Canadian work experience. I am confused what is the correct legal position, as my friend has received ITA on the basis of his work experience.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I did my three months full time internship (under co-op) in a company based in Toronto. Now I am working as a full time employee in the same company under PGWP. Hopefully I will create my profile in July 2024.
One of my friends told me that his co-op work was included in the total work experience for filing PR application. IRCC website clearly says that work done under co-op will not be counted as Canadian work experience. I am confused what is the correct legal position, as my friend has received ITA on the basis of his work experience.
You can only count work experience from the day you submitted your PGWP application. The co-op cannot be counted towards Canadian work experience. If this is how your friend has done it, then he can expect a refusal once IRCC processes his application.

Reactions: NewDelhi

hershii77

Star Member
Jul 25, 2019
Co-Op work experience CANNOT be included for qualifying work experience requirement.
You can, however, include any paid internship on your PGWP for your work experience. Condition is you need to have T4s, Paystubs and a reference letter to prove you were paid wages and were not an independent/unpaid intern or contractor.

Reactions: NewDelhi