+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Women Marrying Moroccan Man

tanyamort

Dec 21, 2009
Hello,
I am going to be marrying a moroccan man in May 2010 and we will be filing the paperwork so I can sponsor him to come to Canada once I return from our marriage. I am wondering if there are any canadian women that would like to share their stories with me either here or by email. Id like to find someone in the same situation as myself, single, never been married, no children and the same for my husband to be. We know and have heard from some blogs that it can take up to a year to have a moroccan man come to canada but i would like to get experiences of those who have gotten their husbands to canada or those who are still in the process. I live in Nova Scotia and was hoping to find someone in a similar situation here in the Maritimes trying to do what I am doing. Looking forward to meeting whomever wishes to discuss this with me further. Thank you for your time and thank you for listening
:)

Abaza7

Jan 7, 2010
Hi,
I'm in a similar situation. I live in Winnipeg and will be marrying an Egyptian man. If you have any information you're willing to share it would be much appreciated! We're just starting the entire process now.
May I ask how long you have known the man you are marrying for and how you met?
Thank you!

Habibti

Apr 4, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2011 / 06-09-2012
Interview........
12-09-2011 / Denied 4-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
January 18, 2013 in Montreal
Hello!

My husband is in Morocco and I am in British Columbia. We got married in December 2010. We just got approved for spousal sponsorship. Our file for permanent residence has been sent to the visa office in Rabat. Can you tell me about your experience? How long did you have to wait for your husband to come to Canada? Thank you!!!

homelydave

Apr 25, 2011
Nice i bet you have met the right man just go on and ask him to go to the embazy over there so that he can make more enquirys on his travel to canada , Is just very easy provided you give out soportive document to prove the the travel and the saty then the marriage begins. :)

Raystar

Sep 12, 2011
Hi,

I would be extremely interested in any advice and/or cultural differences you have been experiencing with your fiancée. I am engaged to a Moroccan man as well and am from NS. I have been beginning to notice subtle cultural differences and would love to have some input from someone raised back home

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Raystar said:
Hi,

I would be extremely interested in any advice and/or cultural differences you have been experiencing with your fiancée. I am engaged to a Moroccan man as well and am from NS. I have been beginning to notice subtle cultural differences and would love to have some input from someone raised back home
You'll get far more replies if you post in this thread:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/sponsoring-husband-from-morocco-t4646.0.html

Miryammajid

Mar 7, 2020
hello, I am a Canadian citizen marrying a Moroccan guy, i have searched many sites trying to find out what is the best and fastest way to sponsor my fiance. I have found out that having sponsorship application and permanent resident application given in Morocco at the same time is the most convenient and best way to start the process. Overseas spousal sponsorship is better way as person sponsoring their fiance can appeal if the application is refused. I would like to know if this is possible, to submit both application to Canadian embassy in Rabat and if it is the good way to do it, or should i just submit both applications once I return to Canada. Another thing that is little worrying me is the age difference between us, I am 44 he is 27, would that be something to worry about. Please if anyone can give any insights, it would be greatly appreciated

Miryammajid

Mar 7, 2020
Hi,

hello, I am marrying a Moroccan guy and all i can say that cultural difference is huge but then again it all depends on your fiance, the way he is looking on things. my fiance is very easy going and he is not pushing any of the religious beliefs on me, its just matter of love and the way of you guys supporting each other, dont let these things get in the way as they can be talked and worked on, good luck and best wishes

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
hello, I am a Canadian citizen marrying a Moroccan guy, i have searched many sites trying to find out what is the best and fastest way to sponsor my fiance. I have found out that having sponsorship application and permanent resident application given in Morocco at the same time is the most convenient and best way to start the process. Overseas spousal sponsorship is better way as person sponsoring their fiance can appeal if the application is refused. I would like to know if this is possible, to submit both application to Canadian embassy in Rabat and if it is the good way to do it, or should i just submit both applications once I return to Canada. Another thing that is little worrying me is the age difference between us, I am 44 he is 27, would that be something to worry about. Please if anyone can give any insights, it would be greatly appreciated
You need to do some more research. It is one application and it cannot be submitted to the embassy in Rabat. It can only be submitted to the visa office in Canada.

The age difference is a big red flag, especially with him being from Morocco. What is the relationship history? Do you have the same religion/culture? What are your education levels? Languages? How much time have you spent together in person?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Suggest you join discussions here:

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/sponsoring-husband-from-morocco.4646/page-533

There is a great deal of good information in this thread. Spend some time reading through it. Yes - your age may be an issue.

No - it's not possible to submit the application to the Canadian embassy in Rabat. It has to be mailed to the visa office in Canada.

labrador Girl

Apr 2, 2020
Hello,
I am going to be marrying a moroccan man in May 2010 and we will be filing the paperwork so I can sponsor him to come to Canada once I return from our marriage. I am wondering if there are any canadian women that would like to share their stories with me either here or by email. Id like to find someone in the same situation as myself, single, never been married, no children and the same for my husband to be. We know and have heard from some blogs that it can take up to a year to have a moroccan man come to canada but i would like to get experiences of those who have gotten their husbands to canada or those who are still in the process. I live in Nova Scotia and was hoping to find someone in a similar situation here in the Maritimes trying to do what I am doing. Looking forward to meeting whomever wishes to discuss this with me further. Thank you for your time and thank you for listening

Hello , can someone please tell me the complete process of what papers , documents ect you both need ? A Canadian woman & marrying a man from morrocco . There is so much information out there on internet and it can become overwhelming we both love each other so very much and is trying to be together . Anyone with any helpful information would be very appreciated . Thank you

Kimberzz71

Aug 14, 2017
I married a Moroccan man 6 years ago and sponsored him successfully. We were married in Morocco and completed an overseas application. Our process took less than 6 months but from what statistics show this was abnormally short for approval. If you'd like to swap emails I can share exactly what you should expect for the whole process there and here. It is extensive.

labrador Girl

Apr 2, 2020
Hello
I married a Moroccan man 6 years ago and sponsored him successfully. We were married in Morocco and completed an overseas application. Our process took less than 6 months but from what statistics show this was abnormally short for approval. If you'd like to swap emails I can share exactly what you should expect for the whole process there and here. It is extensive.
Hello , I replied to your email not sure if I was suppose to write here because I sent the reply I seen it said not to reply to email but to reply on here ‍♀ This is all new to me so I’m not sure what I was suppose to do .

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello , can someone please tell me the complete process of what papers , documents ect you both need ? A Canadian woman & marrying a man from morrocco . There is so much information out there on internet and it can become overwhelming we both love each other so very much and is trying to be together . Anyone with any helpful information would be very appreciated . Thank you
The detailed process is here:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/spouse-partner-children.html