+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian visa.

allen_n1

Apr 12, 2018
Hi. I am a Canadian citizen and my wife is Macanese citizen.She does not have a Permanant Resident in Canada. We have been married since september 2015. She is planning to come visit me in Canada on the month of October for a period of 3 weeks. My question is...what would be the best reason for her to say if she is being asked by the immigration officer what is the purpose of visit in Canada ?Does she just say that she is visiting her husband or give another reason ? I have heard in the past that if you tell immigration officer that you are visiting your spouse , you would be denied entry to Canada. I'm concerned about that. So please can you help me with this situation ? If she tells immigrant officer that she is visiting her husband , does she need to show that she will not stay in Canada and that she will return to her country after her visit ? Thank you

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
If she needs a visa to enter Canada she has to list that she is married and who he husband is on the visa. They will know she is married to a Canadian. You will have to take the risk that she could be refused. You could have sponsored a long time ago.

Reactions: allen_n1

allen_n1

Apr 12, 2018
If she needs a visa to enter Canada she has to list that she is married and who he husband is on the visa. They will know she is married to a Canadian. You will have to take the risk that she could be refused. You could have sponsored a long time ago.
The last time she travelled to Canada with a Visitor Visa was back in 2014 and 2016 . Now her visa has expired. The purpose of the trip she used was " visiting a friend " for 2014 and 2016. Do you think she could use the same reason again ? If she uses the reason " visiting husband " , is there a way she can proof that she will not stay in Canada after her 3 weeks stay and that she will return to Macau ?If so , how could she do it? What does she need to provide to the immigration officer ? She is still working in Macau at her current job.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Did she not declare you as her husband in 2016? CIC is able to see you live in Canada so it would be very strange not to visit your husband if you came to Canada. The fact that you were married in 2016 and she did leave should be a positive thing for your application. Lying will just cause more problems. Would include a detailed itinerary.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
The last time she travelled to Canada with a Visitor Visa was back in 2014 and 2016 . Now her visa has expired. The purpose of the trip she used was " visiting a friend " for 2014 and 2016. Do you think she could use the same reason again ? If she uses the reason " visiting husband " , is there a way she can proof that she will not stay in Canada after her 3 weeks stay and that she will return to Macau ?If so , how could she do it? What does she need to provide to the immigration officer ? She is still working in Macau at her current job.
Just so you're on the same page as IRCC, your wife won't get to meet the immigration officer unless she first gets a TRV first and travels to Canada. She is not visa exempt. You have referred to *providing documents to the immigration officer* in your posts.

She would need to declare you in the Family Information form.... which would then highlight the fact that you have not applied to sponsor her through the Family Class

allen_n1

Apr 12, 2018
Just so you're on the same page as IRCC, your wife won't get to meet the immigration officer unless she first gets a TRV first and travels to Canada. She is not visa exempt. You have referred to *providing documents to the immigration officer* in your posts.

She would need to declare you in the Family Information form.... which would then highlight the fact that you have not applied to sponsor her through the Family Class
Thanks for your reply. We got married in September 2015 in Macau. Our banquets was a year later in 2016. We had a banquet in Macau and one in Canada as well. She didn't declare me as her husband when we came back to Canada together in September 2016 to have our banquet here as we were worried about to be refused entry to Canada. And we didn't know we had to declare and also didn't know it would make a difference weather we declare or not since she already had a visitor visa that was still valid. So what do you suggest ? she must apply for TRV ? Thank you

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thanks for your reply. We got married in September 2015 in Macau. Our banquets was a year later in 2016. We had a banquet in Macau and one in Canada as well. She didn't declare me as her husband when we came back to Canada together in September 2016 to have our banquet here as we were worried about to be refused entry to Canada. And we didn't know we had to declare and also didn't know it would make a difference weather we declare or not since she already had a visitor visa that was still valid. So what do you suggest ? she must apply for TRV ? Thank you
She must declare she is married/you when she applies for a new TRV. That said, it is difficult (but not impossible) to be granted a TRV when one has a Canadian spouse. In this case, it's nearly three years since you married but not filed for spousal PR.... which could lead the visa officer to believe that your wife might file for it via the inland route to avoid waiting it out in Macau.

Would you be filing for her PR shortly? The other option is to prove she has absolutely exceptionally strong reasons to return to Macau (but there are no guarantees she will be issued a TRV in this case).

You may want to go through this case:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/trv-for-spouse.559329/#post-6927003

Last edited:

allen_n1

Apr 12, 2018
She must declare she is married/you when she applies for a new TRV. That said, it is difficult (but not impossible) to be granted a TRV when one has a Canadian spouse. In this case, it's nearly three years since you married but not filed for spousal PR.... which could lead the visa officer to believe that your wife might file for it via the inland route to avoid waiting it out in Macau.

Would you be filing for her PR shortly? The other option is to prove she has absolutely exceptionally strong reasons to return to Macau (but there are no guarantees she will be issued a TRV in this case).

You may want to go through this case:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/trv-for-spouse.559329/#post-6927003
Thanks again for your reply. Yes i will be filling out for her PR shortly. What if she gets a letter from her employer stating that she will return to work in Macau after the duration of her visit ? Would that be a strong reason to return to Macau ?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thanks again for your reply. Yes i will be filling out for her PR shortly.
I would recommend you prepare her application for spousal PR instead of the TRV application. Were there reasons why she could not/did not want to move to Canada for three years after you got married? This is something you would need to address in her spousal PR application.

What if she gets a letter from her employer stating that she will return to work in Macau after the duration of her visit ? Would that be a strong reason to return to Macau ?
That's a basic document that most employed applicants submit for TRVs. In this case - and by itself - this leave approval letter does not indicate a compelling reason to return to Macau

Last edited: