+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian trv application pending since 18/03/2018

Silt117

May 21, 2018
Hello there,

I applied for candian tourist visa on 19/3/2018 from Abu dhabi..this has been more than 60 days now..I have not received any emails/notification from cic..I was planning to go there next month (June 2018)..

I work as a banker in UAE, Indian nationality 25 years old..I have been to UK and gulf countries. I have a valid US visa for 10 years and I have savings of more than 50000 USD. My visa agent has sent multiple reminders to cic..however we don't have any reply from them yet..

Is this normal? How long should I wait now? I applied for the visa online..should I apply through vfs now? What do I do? I have never heard of any country taking 2 months time just to issue a tourist visa..

Please guide me.

ErinGojetsgo

May 12, 2018
My friend has now been waiting 92 days, no background check or security check in place. Just been waiting so long with no update. He applied online Feb.18 /2018, it's so hard to be waiting this long.

Silt117

May 21, 2018
My friend has now been waiting 92 days, no background check or security check in place. Just been waiting so long with no update. He applied online Feb.18 /2018, it's so hard to be waiting this long.
Yes true. I am just sick and tired of calling my travel agent. She is completely clueless of what's happening..I hope someone from cic reads this thread...I am like super tensed..it's okay if they want to deny entry....I just need a yes or a no..as simple as that..

May 18, 2018
Yes true. I am just sick and tired of calling my travel agent. She is completely clueless of what's happening..I hope someone from cic reads this thread...I am like super tensed..it's okay if they want to deny entry....I just need a yes or a no..as simple as that..
have you tried contacting the embassy yourself?

Silt117

May 21, 2018
have you tried contacting the embassy yourself?
Yes, I did..however they don't give a damn..they told me that since I have applied online I am supposed to raise a request online..and there's nothing they can do about it..In other words they showed me the door and asked to leave.

May 18, 2018
Yes, I did..however they don't give a damn..they told me that since I have applied online I am supposed to raise a request online..and there's nothing they can do about it..In other words they showed me the door and asked to leave.
oh no that sucks! it shouldnt take that long for a tourist visa! keep emailing cic :) thats what i would do!

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
oh no that sucks! it shouldnt take that long for a tourist visa! keep emailing cic :) thats what i would do!
Too many emails or Case Specific Enquiries (CSEs) won't get you the magic response. It only makes an applicant to look silly.

One CSE is sufficient (after the estimated processing time has passed). It gets recorded on the system.... visa staff need up to 30 days to respond

Silt117

May 21, 2018
Too many emails or Case Specific Enquiries (CSEs) won't get you the magic response. It only makes an applicant to look silly.

One CSE is sufficient (after the estimated processing time has passed). It gets recorded on the system.... visa staff need up to 30 days to respond

You sound experienced, how long will this take now like 3 months or what?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hello there,

I applied for candian tourist visa on 19/3/2018 from Abu dhabi..this has been more than 60 days now..I have not received any emails/notification from cic..I was planning to go there next month (June 2018)..
You won't receive any emails/notifications because you have an authorized representative who gets these notifications.

I have a valid US visa for 10 years and I have savings of more than 50000 USD.
Not sure why your authorized rep did not advise you to apply under the CAN+ program for expedited processing.

My visa agent has sent multiple reminders to cic..however we don't have any reply from them yet..
How did your authorized rep contact the visa office?

I would also ask the authorized rep to give you a screenshot/print screen of the status updates in your online account to be double sure you have the correct status of your application processing

Is this normal? How long should I wait now? I applied for the visa online..should I apply through vfs now?
You cannot apply through VFS unless the first application is withdrawn (wouldn't advise you doing it as your new application will be pushed to the end of the processing queue)

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
You sound experienced, how long will this take now like 3 months or what?
It's possible to get decision in a few days/couple of weeks. It depends on the specifics of the application + the volume of applications received by a particular visa office, etc

Silt117

May 21, 2018
You won't receive any emails/notifications because you have an authorized representative who gets these notifications.

Not sure why your authorized rep did not advise you to apply under the CAN+ program for expedited processing.

How did your authorized rep contact the visa office?

I would also ask the authorized rep to give you a screenshot/print screen of the status updates in your online account to be double sure you have the correct status of your application processing

You cannot apply through VFS unless the first application is withdrawn (wouldn't advise you doing it as your new application will be pushed to the end of the processing queue)
Thanks for the reply..I will ask her all these questions tomorrow..god bless you.

Silt117

May 21, 2018
No updates yet..my flight is in a few days..what should I do? Why are they taking 75 days just to process a tourist visa application.

greatadi

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
I applied on June 8 (online) and waiting since without any update at all. It says no biometric required, no medicals required and background checks not applicable..
I didnt even get any acknowledgement letter too..

Bashfad

Apr 11, 2018
I applied on June 10th online as well. I got a biometric letter on June 26th. They acknowledged the receipt of biometric on June 30th and ever since no update from them. I contacted them Aug. 10th, they replied visa is still under processing. I am just confused as why tourist visa is taking this long. 65 days in counting.. Please advice on what to do next. Applied in the USA.